Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 52  All

Author Topic: M87: The Aperture Science Robot Humanization Initiative: Game Over!  (Read 140755 times)

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

Vote: silverspawn I just have a gut feeling your scum
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

And this is the thing I don't like. Too many gut feelings actually. Looks like he just tries to mimic the other's behavior right in this post.

Vote: JTBG22
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
    • View Profile

And this is the thing I don't like. Too many gut feelings actually. Looks like he just tries to mimic the other's behavior right in this post.

Vote: JTBG22

Yeah, Vote: JTBG22
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile

Yeah, it feels kind of forced. Though I don't see why it should be scum indicative.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile

I agree that Jake looks bad here. He has an IRL thing he does that he did here that makes me suspect him.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile

I agree that Jake looks bad here. He has an IRL thing he does that he did here that makes me suspect him.

Did you feel that way before I started the wagon, or only after?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Before, but I didn't want to say anything. Want me to point out the certain post?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile

Before, but I didn't want to say anything. Want me to point out the certain post?

Go for it! :-)
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile

To me it looks like silverspawn is trying to target J Reggie but I haven't read everything so can someone tell me if J Reggie did something wrong
Well this is completely wrong, since silver was just doing his usual thing of taking a stance (town on silver, btw, but then I always townread silver.  Also, @silver, are you tunneling anyone yet?  Semi-serious question.).  I'm not sure I like this from Jake, but he's new.  Not gonna take too much off it.

vote: JReggie for lack of a better choice.
Eww.  We've never played before McGarnacle, correct?  Either way, this is not good; voting someone "for lack of a better choice" this early in D1 is just lazy.

Reread SA, JReggie, PPS and RR and so far all of them are looking townie to me.

Others.. Schadd is just strange and always become null to me I guess. Calamitas is null. Silver is silent. Others I don't know.

Based on the differences between earlier games and this one, I'll vote: schadd

It's weird not knowing schadd's alignment. I might agree with you.

It's also hard not to treat you as a partner. I must get used to it. You also can be scum, though your posts in this game are really different from Ghibli, so I will treat you as my town-partner. For now.

I find this to be a weird post, mostly because I don't think I've ever experienced this difficulty, though I think I've said that I've been feeling this way--as scum--to explain away some odd interaction with a player as having to do with a previous game where we were scum together.

So I will leave my vote where it is.

Yeah, I also thought that was a weird post. Like why would he be feeling like he was my partner if he wasn't scum? But also why would he just go out there and say that as scum?
Let's vote: lalight.
Nyerp.  This feels a bit forced.  I find myself kind of understanding the J Reggie wagon, while not really fully agreeing with it.  Reggie's done some odd things and I don't remember him being this odd.  I just don't like big quick wagons happening so early.  I hate D1.

Just throwing this out there, but what do people think are the chances that this is Lalight and Reggie constructing something?

I have a thought.
I think the scum is not on my wagon. Because ic voted me. So when i flip town it will be less people to choose from. So they are either not voting or on JReggie. In this case i want to unvote cause imo you vote for two townies. Tell me, if this is wrong
This is weak and overexplained.  Not really a thing, either.  I don't think scum are going to worry that much about PoE this early.  It's all about how naturally you can find your way onto wagons.  Maybe inexperienced scum think this way?  But then inexperienced scum don't really think of PoE that much at all.

Town on RR.  This makes just the right amount of sense.  That is to say, a little but not much.
Also the bad attempts at being sneaky ring like town!RR.

I want to hear more from Space (I know, I've barely posted, hypocrisy hypocrisy).  Not that I actually think I can read them better than anyone else, but I want to get a feel for forum!Space by comparison to IRL!Space.

Current scum reads are Jake and Lalight, prefer Lalight today mostly since they're more experienced.
vote: Lalight

PPE.  Oh Space there you are! 
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

I am innocent
So it was this. Since we're a bunch of stupid kids we do stuff like taking people's stuff then being like 'no, you must've dropped it!' Jake is notorious for using that line with a goofy smirk on his face, I think it's become like an instinct to him, so he just naturally posted that.
So you know what? Vote: Jake
PPE

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile

i mean, if that's real, then that's pretty incriminating, although it might just be a nod more than anything. and also i wouldn't put it past rr to make something like that up.

jake, what say you?
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

oh also i guess it's sort of dependent on whether he's played mafia before. his introduction post made it sound like he did
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

I have a thought.
I think the scum is not on my wagon. Because ic voted me. So when i flip town it will be less people to choose from. So they are either not voting or on JReggie. In this case i want to unvote cause imo you vote for two townies. Tell me, if this is wrong
This is weak and overexplained.  Not really a thing, either.  I don't think scum are going to worry that much about PoE this early.  It's all about how naturally you can find your way onto wagons.  Maybe inexperienced scum think this way?  But then inexperienced scum don't really think of PoE that much at all.

Well. I've never played with IC before, I just put my mind into this to think if this impacts on the game in some way. God, I hate D1 too because there's not really strong evidence and somehow every my post just summons bunch of votes. I try to think differently. That is all.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile

Nyerp.  This feels a bit forced.  I find myself kind of understanding the J Reggie wagon, while not really fully agreeing with it.  Reggie's done some odd things and I don't remember him being this odd.  I just don't like big quick wagons happening so early.  I hate D1.
I don't get a scummy vibe from the stuff LL is saying about finding his situation with J Reggie odd. I mean, PPS is here, and I've only ever encountered him before as a scumbuddy in NM8, and I'm town now, so I can see this coming from town!LL. However, I've learned that he's also really good at getting into a townie headspace when scum, so it's kind of null overall.

Just throwing this out there, but what do people think are the chances that this is Lalight and Reggie constructing something?
Probably worth keeping in mind. I mean, JR seems townie enough (I almost always townread him, unfortunately), but he's yet to insist he's IC in this game, so maybe that's something to worry about?

It's certainly something that people at my/LL's level of experience will worry about other people doing shortly after we've each played our first scum games. But yeah, I wouldn't discount an experienced player just because they're voting for the same person as the IC here.

I want to hear more from Space (I know, I've barely posted, hypocrisy hypocrisy).  Not that I actually think I can read them better than anyone else, but I want to get a feel for forum!Space by comparison to IRL!Space.
We are all Space :-)

Current scum reads are Jake and Lalight, prefer Lalight today mostly since they're more experienced.
vote: Lalight
Yeah.. I'm not going to do my usual thing of jumping in to say how townie LL is, because he's smart enough to have had me fooled for a while in Ghibli, and I think him voting me earlier may have been a scumtell. But even as scum, he's going to say a bunch of town-useful stuff because of his helpful nature, so I think he's an odd pick for a D1 lynch.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

oh also i guess it's sort of dependent on whether he's played mafia before. his introduction post made it sound like he did
He's played something similar to mafia but it wasn't as sophisticated, smart, strategic or as organized as it is on this forum.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

aight.

rude roaster: definitely trying!to!get!jake!into!the!game!rr. his other posts have been sorta detectivey so he's good
  silverspleen: he is posting loudly, as ever. i'm sure other people are reading this in their respective ways, but he seems fine to me
  lah light: the only game i've seen for him was a scumgame. and well, he doesn't look that different, but he didn't look especially bad in that game either. suffice to say, there'll be a couple things that i'm gonna look for.
  pongpongpong: his split personality thing seems bad but uh reasonable; saying stuff is part of the fun of the game either way and it's nice to be able to do it without incriminating yourself. but, i mean, consider it in the context that he also tends to scumslip, apparently (i skimmed time loops). mild scum
  jake the baseball god twenty two: has seemed, like, not too good. i think he ought to be able to get a footing before we tear into him, though.
  fargoat: go nuts, dude! say things to test people, put em on the spot. nothing you say can go wrong.
  calamities: hasn't really said much of note. null
  space and moon: bit of a gut townread, although i suppose that's not how townreads are supposed to be. a bit more playful d1 than in ghibli, though.
  j regular: see lalight, except, uh, i had a somewhat strong scumread on this guy. i am concerned that he just sounds like that, but in ghibli, he got a big wagon that fizzled and i didn't suspect it hard enough. i guess this applies to lalight as well.
  roob zed ate: i uh definitely believe that he's an experienced player. has dropped a couple pieces of towny wisdom, which is nice.
  hammork: testing people (ooh, one of them is me!) which is nice. mild town. excited to see how he meshes with the anemone (and all of the pairs of people that know each other)
  mcgarnacular spectacular: dunno. can you post, like, 7 things one after another so we can get a sense of character?

i was gonna go back to voting j reggie (again) but i don't think he needs any push to say incriminating stuff. so let's try
vote: lalight

i think scum!gkrieg still gives good formatting advice. thanks bud

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

I hope I'm not hammered. Request: vote count
And please, stop this nonsense.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

Just because I'm townie and I was townie in Ghibli and there I was scum you gonna lynch me.
Wow.
This is beyond any sense. Look into any of 5 games I've played. I just try to think differently and do something fun and helpful. I can't understand people voting me out of the nowhere. Okay, lynch me, whatever. Just give me time to claim before hammering please.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile

If I'd known you'd let yourself get captured this easily, I would have just dangled a turkey leg on a rope from the ceiling. - GLaDOS

Vote Count 1.4

Jake (4): SA, LaLight, McG, RR
LaLight (5): Robz, Fargo, J Reggie, Haddock, schadd (L-2)
J Reggie (2): PPS, silverspawn
Haddock (1): Calamitas
silverspawn (1): Jake

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends at 9:00 PM FT on Thursday, October 20th.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

Just because I'm townie and I was townie in Ghibli
i don't think i said that, exactly

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

aight.

rude roaster: definitely trying!to!get!jake!into!the!game!rr. his other posts have been sorta detectivey so he's good
  silverspleen: he is posting loudly, as ever. i'm sure other people are reading this in their respective ways, but he seems fine to me
  lah light: the only game i've seen for him was a scumgame. and well, he doesn't look that different, but he didn't look especially bad in that game either. suffice to say, there'll be a couple things that i'm gonna look for.
  pongpongpong: his split personality thing seems bad but uh reasonable; saying stuff is part of the fun of the game either way and it's nice to be able to do it without incriminating yourself. but, i mean, consider it in the context that he also tends to scumslip, apparently (i skimmed time loops). mild scum
  jake the baseball god twenty two: has seemed, like, not too good. i think he ought to be able to get a footing before we tear into him, though.
  fargoat: go nuts, dude! say things to test people, put em on the spot. nothing you say can go wrong.
  calamities: hasn't really said much of note. null
  space and moon: bit of a gut townread, although i suppose that's not how townreads are supposed to be. a bit more playful d1 than in ghibli, though.
  j regular: see lalight, except, uh, i had a somewhat strong scumread on this guy. i am concerned that he just sounds like that, but in ghibli, he got a big wagon that fizzled and i didn't suspect it hard enough. i guess this applies to lalight as well.
  roob zed ate: i uh definitely believe that he's an experienced player. has dropped a couple pieces of towny wisdom, which is nice.
  hammork: testing people (ooh, one of them is me!) which is nice. mild town. excited to see how he meshes with the anemone (and all of the pairs of people that know each other)
  mcgarnacular spectacular: dunno. can you post, like, 7 things one after another so we can get a sense of character?

i was gonna go back to voting j reggie (again) but i don't think he needs any push to say incriminating stuff. so let's try
vote: lalight

i think scum!gkrieg still gives good formatting advice. thanks bud

Why are you voting me?

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

imagine i'm you:
Lalight seems to me rather fussy. Though he might be a townie who is testing the reaction of other players, he had revoted three times. vote: Lalight
And that is my meta actually, nice to meet you! I always try to push the game through.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile

@silver, are you tunneling anyone yet?  Semi-serious question.).
sort-of JReggie

infidestimastidatidululutotoro

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile

Tell ya'll what. Imma hammer whoever gets to L-1. I love me some hammers.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile

Tell ya'll what. Imma hammer whoever gets to L-1. I love me some hammers.

I mean except J Reggie cause I can't hammer him if I'm already voting him.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 52  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 19 queries.