Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A cautionary tale  (Read 945 times)

tailred

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: ceviri
  • Respect: +368
    • View Profile
A cautionary tale
« on: October 01, 2016, 02:23:26 pm »

Log here: http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20161001/log.0.1475345677122.txt
I'm sure we've all had those games where we get really frustrated. Maybe it was some terrible mountebank/marauder slogfest, maybe it was an awful 60 turn possession game. In my case it was a terrible Ghost Ship engine game. Maybe you're even more ticked off because somehow your opponent's god-awful deck keeps churning out provinces after provinces due to sheer dumb luck. You just want to rage out, you just want to quit the game, don't you?

Even so, don't resign the game when your opponent was about to hand you a tie. Yeah, read that log a little closer. My opponent resigned seconds before I was about to concede a draw. So, just a reminder: dominion's just a game, no need to get too worked up and impatient over it.

(also, my turn 18 is a cautionary tale about how to not 3 pile, miscounting my coins by 1 for a finish on the Ghost Ships. Nearly resigned myself there because of that, but decided to keep playing on just to see how it went)

mameluke

• Duke
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
Re: A cautionary tale
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 05:10:31 pm »

At the same time, it IS just a game, and if you're not having fun, there's no point in continuing to play (esp if there is no way to get more than one province a turn, and it will take forever for the opponent to get all of the provinces and you have no hope).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.