Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A Reaction to Junking  (Read 1308 times)

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
A Reaction to Junking
« on: September 29, 2016, 09:17:30 am »

Palisade $3
Action - Reaction

+1 Card
+1 Action
You may return all set aside cards to your discard pile. If you do, +$1 for each card returned.
----
When you gain a Curse, Ruins, or Victory card, you may reveal this from your hand. If you do, set aside the gained card.

The idea is that you still gain the "bad" cards, but don't have to have them in your deck (they will be added at the end of the game).
If you want to have a big turn, you can return them to your deck and they'll get shuffled in eventually.

I don't know whether adding them to the discard is fine, or it should be deck or hand, but it's just the instant-Island effect which I think is pretty cute.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
Re: A Reaction to Junking
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 09:26:11 am »

As worded, it interacts with other set-aside things... Haven, Prince, etc. It probably needs its own mat to deal with that.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 09:35:53 am »
+2

For what it's worth, this was tried during Adventures development.

Quote from: Secret History of Adventures Cards
There was a Reserve card that let you put cards on the Tavern mat when you gained them; just putting all of your VP on the Tavern mat was not really good times.

I mean it's not identical, but the problem with the card was specifically that you could just set aside all the Victory cards you gained indefinitely. Palisade actually seems stronger in that regard than the Adventures outtake.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1795
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 10:11:26 am »

For what it's worth, this was tried during Adventures development.

Quote from: Secret History of Adventures Cards
There was a Reserve card that let you put cards on the Tavern mat when you gained them; just putting all of your VP on the Tavern mat was not really good times.

I mean it's not identical, but the problem with the card was specifically that you could just set aside all the Victory cards you gained indefinitely. Palisade actually seems stronger in that regard than the Adventures outtake.

Yeah, I've tried such a card myself. Creating golden decks becomes depressingly easy.

What if it only worked on Curses and Actions, and put into hand? You can use it to set up some cute combos à la Native Village, and the junk protection is mostly preserved (except Mounty and Noble Brigand). Letting it set aside Treasures creates a possibly OP megaturn interaction with spammable +Buy and Copper. (get a bunch of Workers' Villages, get a Palisade and a bunch of Copper, let's say 16. "Call" them all - Buy 4 Provinces.)

gkrieg13

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 12:24:03 pm »
+2

My reaction to junking is always:

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 21 queries.