Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Treasure Chest kingdoms  (Read 2324 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
Treasure Chest kingdoms
« on: September 28, 2016, 03:36:10 pm »
+1

Maybe this has been done before... but with 11 sets now (let's ignore Promo's for this purpose), we can make Kingdoms that have no more than 1 card from each set. So, what are some good Kingdoms that have no duplicates? Bonus points for having cards that represent their expansion.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Aleimon Thimble
  • Respect: +711
    • View Profile
Re: Treasure Chest kingdoms
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 05:36:55 pm »
+1

Ignoring Empires since I haven't played with it and there's still 10 sets without it.

Let me start with a kingdom including my favorite card from every set:

Throne Room
Minion
Salvager
Golem
Counting House
Jester
Highway
Feodum
Herald
Haunted Woods

So there's definitely an engine there. A Highway megaturn seems very unlikely, since Salvager is the only +Buy, gaining is limited to Jester, and the splitters are all strong but somewhat unreliable in some way or another. A regular engine based on Minion seems like the way to go. Throne is probably the best splitter here, you probably want to be careful with autoplaying Salvager with Herald, and Minion is a very solid Throne target. Once you've trashed down a bit and can handle the terminal space, you might add a couple of Haunted Woods for extra reliability; early on, it might conflict with Minions, both because of the handsize thing and because it's the same cost and you really want to win the split. Adding a single Jester seems good. Counting House, Golem and Feodum look forgettable, sadly. Even Herald is not the rock star it usually is. My favorite cards do not seem to play very nicely together.

---

Next up, a kingdom from the Face of Dominion topic (http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=15179.0), involving a representative from every set:

Smithy
Nobles
Lighthouse
Alchemist
King's Court
Horn of Plenty
Noble Brigand
Rats
Merchant Guild
Peasant

The only trashing is Rats, which you shouldn't buy of course, but there's still an engine here. If there's King's Court, there's a way. Alchemist might be very good here, since it really adds reliability, and it's a very spammable card that would love a token from Peasant. You can go two routes here, a Merchant Guild deck or a Horn of Plenty megaturn. The latter option seems stronger at first glance, with King's Court support it seems simple enough to get 8 uniques in play. I'm assuming no Colonies here, there's only 1 Prosperity card. Nobles can be useful because it adds some village support if needed. Smithy seems ignorable, and Noble Brigand can't steal Horns so it's also lackluster, since you won't have that many Golds and Silvers, just enough to hit King's Court a couple of times. Lighthouse is only useful if your opponent somehow does go Brigand, but even then it's probably not necessary.
[...] The God of heaven has given you Dominion [...] (Daniel 2:37)

mith

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: mith
  • Respect: +778
    • View Profile
    • MafiaScum.net
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 06:06:21 pm »
+1

Here's a modified version of my S7 design challenge entry:

Pawn (Intrigue)
Bazaar (Seaside)
University (Alchemy)
Expand (Prosperity)
Menagerie (Cornucopia)
Margrave (Hinterlands)
Altar (Dark Ages)
Taxman (Guilds)
Page (Adventures)
Royal Blacksmith (Empires)

(Taxman replaces Pillage as a more on-the-nose Militia/Mine hybrid; Royal Blacksmith replaces Embassy for the Smithy/Cellar slot; Pawn replaces Grand Market for the new Market/Merchant slot - the worst change, with Market being strictly better than Merchant and Pawn both; Page replaces Horse Traders for the new Moat/Merchant slot, on the grounds that both Page and Merchant start as cantrips which can later early coin, while Champion is the uber-Moat.)

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 06:53:33 pm »
+2

1st kingdom defiantly has a highway engine. You might trash a key card once or twice but that doesn't really matter cause you can just gain the whole board with jester.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1487
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 07:29:33 pm »
+2

Well, you can at least have one uh card-shaped thing from each set including promos. You can even do it with one card from each expansion that way. How about this one:

Artisan
Courtier
Cutpurse
Vineyard
Watchtower
Young witch
Border Village
Catacombs
Baker
Amulet (Bane)
Groundskeeper
Summon

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 08:31:09 pm »
+2

Witch
Replace
Ambassador (bane)
Familiar
Mountebank
Young Witch
Ill-Gotten Gains
Marauder
Soothsayer
Swamp Hag
Catapult/Rocks

Alternatively:

Smithy
Torturer
Wharf
Golem
Rabble
Margrave
Hunting Grounds
Journeyman
Haunted Woods
Royal Blacksmith
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Aleimon Thimble
  • Respect: +711
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 03:38:24 am »
+1

1st kingdom defiantly has a highway engine. You might trash a key card once or twice but that doesn't really matter cause you can just gain the whole board with jester.

I can't imagine that a Highway engine with a ludicrous amount of gaining and trashing is more efficient than the supported Minion stack, tbh. But it's interesting that we disagree, I guess the board is more interesting than I thought it would be.

Witch
Replace
Ambassador (bane)
Familiar
Mountebank
Young Witch
Ill-Gotten Gains
Marauder
Soothsayer
Swamp Hag
Catapult/Rocks

Alternatively:

Smithy
Torturer
Wharf
Golem
Rabble
Margrave
Hunting Grounds
Journeyman
Haunted Woods
Royal Blacksmith

No offense, but: yawn. I'd much rather play full random.

Well, you can at least have one uh card-shaped thing from each set including promos. You can even do it with one card from each expansion that way. How about this one:

Artisan
Courtier
Cutpurse
Vineyard
Watchtower
Young witch
Border Village
Catacombs
Baker
Amulet (Bane)
Groundskeeper
Summon

This one is really cool, actually. Vineyard is totally bonkers here, with Artisan and Border Village. Courtier can provide the normal +Buy too, the only thing that's really missing is some cheap spammable cantrip, but you can gain Bakers and Groundskeepers with the two gainers. Summon looks surprisingly weak, unless you happen to open 5/2; Amulet is not that useful past the early game, Cutpurse you might not want at all since you have to be careful with the terminal space, Young Witch seems lackluster with Amulet as the bane, and Watchtower is probably one of the worst cards in the game to Summon (or to Prince) since it only draws 1 card then.
[...] The God of heaven has given you Dominion [...] (Daniel 2:37)

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 07:36:31 am »

Awesome, another Kingdom thread. I hope this one survives!
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 07:37:06 am »

+1 for everyone posting Kingdoms!
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.