Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Interesting End-Game  (Read 1600 times)

Jacob marley

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jacob Marley
  • Respect: +139
    • View Profile
Interesting End-Game
« on: September 23, 2016, 03:51:18 pm »

Kingdom:

Code: [Select]
Quest, Loan, Farming Village, Remake, Taxman, Trader, Worker's Village, Cartographer, Journeyman, Merchant Guild, Nobles
Log:  http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?http://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160923/log.0.1474611627155.txt

I didn't play optimally, I think I should have opened Journeyman here, and Remake on the first 4.  My opponent trashes more efficiently early, and gets a bit of a lead (at least that's what it felt like playing), but I manage to get 2 Nobles, which was key since it negated his early province lead.  Eventually we split Nobles evenly and got 4 Provinces each, with me holding a lead thanks to a starting estate I never managed to trash.  This was ultimately the difference, though I bought one additional estate then trashed one to be able to Remake my tax collector into a Duchy (not strictly necessary).

Also, why when I paste the code for the kingdom viewer, are the events always messed up?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 09:13:01 pm by Jacob marley »

traces Around

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: tracer
  • Respect: +438
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting End-Game
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 06:47:36 pm »
+1

In general, if you see a village and draw, open Remake and think later, even on 5.

This looks like a board where getting high numbers of Merchant Guilds in play a couple turns in a row and then cashing out all the coin tokens for whatever points or piles you need is how you want to end up winning.

Dingan

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dingan
  • Respect: +1731
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 07:52:20 pm »

This is actually a really interesting board.  Do you open with Loan in hopes of trashing faster than with Remake alone (and Remake it later into a $4, or I guess even Taxman it into a Gold)?  Merchant Guild and Trader, along with extra buys from WV, have a cute synergy, as long as your deck (surely, an engine) could support Silvers.  Definitely want to otherwise go heavy on the villages and draw.  I only really see 1 surely skipable card here -- Carto.

I would open Remake / Loan, hope Loan doesn't make Remake skip early, get some Silvers and a Journeman or Nobles asap, then either buy or Remake into villages, eventually going as heavy as possible on the Merchant Guilds.  Although my plans like that usually go awry by like T3, so...

EDIT:
Forgot about Quest.. I don't think it plays into this at all.  Unless you have a dead Taxman?  Idk, wouldn't count on that.

PS. I also don't know why Events don't show up either :(
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 07:54:57 pm by Dingan »

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1384
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 08:27:20 am »

Testing, testing.

Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1384
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 08:28:02 am »
+1

I think it doesn't like the decimal point in the width command.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Jacob marley

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jacob Marley
  • Respect: +139
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 09:13:49 pm »

I think it doesn't like the decimal point in the width command.

Looks like your right.  I took out the decimal in OP and it works now.  Thanks
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.