Miscellaneous > General Discussion

Fun Recipes

(1/7) > >>

gkrieg13:
So my wife and I are looking for some good new recipes to add to our collection. We're pretty open to any kind of food. We like Indian food and also have cooked some Thai food and some Chinese food. We also like Italian food and most American food.

The only catch is the recipes have to only have ingredients that we can buy at most grocery stores (so no crazy ingredients) and they have to not be too expensive (no expensive cuts of meat), relatively easy and quick to make and not involve alcohol.

Any suggestions?

McGarnacle:
Pasta with mushroom-cream sauce is my favorite dish.

I make it by taking normal mushrooms and frying them, adding thyme and pepper. After that, you make 1 cup of broth using stock, and slowly add either cream or sour cream to it. Make sure to mix them in small quantities to prevent curdling. After that, add the cream broth to the mushrooms and cook them for a while, adding flour if you want to thicken the sauce. Then put it over your favorite pasta with parmesan.

gkrieg13:

--- Quote from: McGarnacle on September 21, 2016, 10:24:16 pm ---Pasta with mushroom-cream sauce is my favorite dish.

I make it by taking normal mushrooms and frying them, adding thyme and pepper. After that, you make 1 cup of broth using stock, and slowly add either cream or sour cream to it. Make sure to mix them in small quantities to prevent curdling. After that, add the cream broth to the mushrooms and cook them for a while, adding flour if you want to thicken the sauce. Then put it over your favorite pasta with parmesan.

--- End quote ---

Thanks!  My wife is pretty much obsessed with mushrooms so I'm sure she would love that

Roadrunner7671:
Sometimes it's hard for me to remember this is a forum for a card game.

All I know how to make is toast, but I make some damn good toast

J Reggie:
One of my favorites is tuna fish casserole.  Just a packet of tuna, a can of cream of mushroom soup (there's your mushrooms), and a bag of egg noodles and you're good to go.  I know some families make this all the time and some think it's weird, so I don't know which boat you're in.  You can add Swiss cheese if you want, but I personally don't like it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version