Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Split piles and tokens  (Read 1674 times)

JThorne

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +604
    • View Profile
Split piles and tokens
« on: September 21, 2016, 11:08:30 am »

If you put the +1 Card token on Patrician/Emporium, then BOTH cards get +1 Card, since they're both from the same supply pile.

But what about Encampment/Plunder?

Pathfinding says "Move your +1 Card token to an Action Supply pile (when you play a card from that pile, you first get +1 Card)."

Is Encampment/Plunder an action supply pile? Or is it only an action supply pile as long as Encampments are on top? And once you put your +1 Card token on it, does playing a Plunder during your treasure phase still draw a card? One the one hand, it almost feels like it needs Errata. On the other hand, it happens to be worded exactly right to make the coolest possible thing happen without being broken.

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
Re: Split piles and tokens
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 11:35:21 am »
+3

The randomizer card determines whether a pile is an Action supply pile.The randomizer for Encampment/Plunder has Action type, so it is an Action supply pile (even though it has non-Actions in it). Plunder still draws you a card. Same goes for Catapult/Rocks and Gladiator/Fortune (both Action supply piles).
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 09:32:16 pm »

Bear in mind that a Treasure giving you +Action only has relevance if you also involve Black Market, Storyteller, or Villa.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 10:28:10 pm »
+1

Bear in mind that a Treasure giving you +Action only has relevance if you also involve Black Market, Storyteller, or Villa.

Diadem.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 20 queries.