Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Overlord + Crown + Black Market + Mint/Mandarin  (Read 1649 times)

King Leon

• Witch
  • Respect: +406
    • View Profile
Overlord + Crown + Black Market + Mint/Mandarin
« on: September 18, 2016, 03:01:11 am »
+1

Assuming I Overlord a Crown to crown a Black Market and buy a Mint or a Mandarin. Is Black Market still played a second time although Overlord has left play and is no Crown anymore?

dane-m

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: dane-m
  • Respect: +198
    • View Profile
Re: Overlord + Crown + Black Market + Mint/Mandarin
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 04:09:45 am »
+3

Assuming I Overlord a Crown to crown a Black Market and buy a Mint or a Mandarin. Is Black Market still played a second time although Overlord has left play and is no Crown anymore?
The BM is indeed played a second time.  Overlord and Band of Misfits do not stop following the instructions of the Action card that they had become simply because they have stopped being it.  Indeed if in your example you had TRed the Overlord, then on the second play of the Overlord (with it now either in the trash or back on your deck and hence once again an Overlord rather than a Crown) you would be free to select any Action card up to a cost of 5 for the Overlord to be and the instructions of that Action card would be followed even though the Overlord immediately reverts to being an Overlord because it is not in play.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 11:40:10 am »
+1

In general, unless a card has a "while this is in play" effect, a card leaving play for any reason does not stop any of its effects from happening. All of the effects are "set up" on play. This is more intuitive when you think of cards like Feast. Even though you trash Feast, you still gain a card costing up to $5.

The less obvious consequence is durations. If you play Fishing Village, then trash it with Bonfire, you still get the bonuses next turn.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

mameluke

• Duke
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 04:00:25 pm »
+1

Bazaarly, if you Bonfire a Lighthouse, you'll still get +$1 next turn, but no protection from Attacks between turns.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 20 queries.