Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Unending Tournament - Discord  (Read 2436 times)

traces Around

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: tracer
  • Respect: +437
    • View Profile
Unending Tournament - Discord
« on: September 17, 2016, 01:17:58 am »
+6

It is a Dominion tournament which does not end. I mean, duh.

It also conveniently does not require constant participation, so you can play as often or as little as you want.

It is within discord, specifically the Seprix discord, which is not to be confused with the dominion discord, which you should join regardless of whether or not you wish to participate in the tournament. The Seprix discord, not so much.

So, yeah, to participate, follow this link, do whatever you need to do to register, and move along with whatever you feel like doing. I have copied the description below the link.

https://discord.gg/Whw9C3a

Hill King

Some people like to play Dominion on top of a literal hill. We call these people weird.

Others have infinitely long tournaments which take place on top of a metaphorical hill. We call these people us. And we call the last person to have won the Hill King.

Being the Hill King is good. When you are the Hill King and you win, you get to have these awesome things called points. When you have lots of points, people see your name towards the top of a leaderboard.

Being Hill King also has consequences. People are constantly challenging you for the title such that they may get points, and you must oblige often enough, otherwise the Hill God becomes angry, and shakes you off the top.

And it is time for this backstory to end, because all you want to do is play in a tournament.

Rules:

One person is the Hill King.

Other people may challenge the Hill King to a match at any time.
A match should consist of 3 games of Dominion with alternating starts. Ties should be disregarded when counting games.
The Hill King must accept at least two of these challenges per 30 hours given two valid challenges in the previous 30 hours, otherwise the title of Hill King will be awarded to the first person to have challenged the former Hill King in that 30 hour period and who did not play.
A challenge is valid if it states its purpose and does not come from the loser of the previous match to have been held.

If the Hill King wins a match, the Hill King gains 1 point.
If the Hill King loses a match, the challenger becomes the Hill King.

Additional Rules will go into place as is necessary.

The first pinned post here will contain: the current Hill King, the time that the previous match was played, the time that the match previous to the previous match was played, the result of the previous match, a list of all players who have accumulated points and the number of points which they have accumulated.

The second pinned post here will be this one

Pinned posts may be accessed from browser discord with the thumb tack button in the upper right.

Thank you for any participation!

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
Re: Unending Tournament - Discord
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 09:18:45 am »

this looks fun, I may sign up in the future!
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 10:16:27 am »

This is really neat, guys.

We also now have a cool new variant of Dominion created by Limetime himself: Drafting. There are some rules in place, and I am also looking at some potential ideas for other drafting variants. I had this idea where there are a predetermined set of 20-30 cards and people choose 5 each, one at a time.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 11:32:45 am »

People should challenge me :)
https://discord.gg/vZ6VytG
The current score is
limetime: 7
Dan: 2
Tracer: 2

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 02:28:29 pm »

A tournament that never ends never has a winner.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.