Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 46  All

Author Topic: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Game over)  (Read 108038 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Game over)
« on: September 16, 2016, 05:46:33 pm »

Welcome to RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia!

Mod: faust, comod: LaLight

This is a semi-open setup for 12 players. Information about the setup is included in the second post.

Players:
1. Roadrunner7671
2. SpaceAnemone
3. gkrieg13
4. J Reggie
5. silverspawn
6. chairs
7. Ghacob
8. 2.71828.....
9. mail-mi
10. Dylan32
11. schadd
12. EFHW

Spectators tagged: ashersky, iguanaiguana, LostPhoenix

Day starts/ends:

General rules

Changes to the usual rule sets are marked in olive.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Please read The Civility Pledge before signing up for any mafia game on this site.  If you have not /pledged there, you cannot play. Excessive personal attacks or uncivil behavior may be dealt with by modifiers or modkills.

1. General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote information (either real or fabricated) from any game-related source other than the thread you are posting in. This means no quotes from PMs and no quotes from QTs in the main thread or in another QT. Paraphrasing is acceptable. If you are unsure whether a post is legal, please ask the moderator before posting.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings and the QTs specifically designed for this purpose.
3. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

2. Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. Day phases will last at most 7 days, Night lasts 48 hours. Day and Twilight combined last at least 24 hours.
2. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
3. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate. Further votes will also be ignored.
4. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until the mod locks the thread; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
5. If the deadline is hit without a player reaching the majority of votes, there will be no lynch.
6. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
7. Please submit vote revocations Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
8. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
9. If the game goes on for 3 days and 3 nights without a lynch or night kill, town wins.
10. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post in the game or in Quicktopics. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
11. If the thread is locked, you may not post.  Threads can be locked for various reasons, but no matter what the reason, you may not post.  The mod may forget to lock the thread, but if they say it is locked, it is still locked.

3. Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

1. Bold, olive text is reserved for the mod.  No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please discuss this in your role QT.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mods may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mods so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued upon request after 24 hours of no activity.  A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement.  A player who has been prodded 2 times is subject to replacement under rule 3.9 without further notice.
6. Please do not discuss ongoing games, it can unintentionally affect the other game. Do not discuss this game in any thread that is not directly related to it.
7. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, which may include modkill(s) if needed.
8. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging. Players who fail to post for 48 hours without an announcement multiple times risk being subject to replacement and/or being modkilled without further notice.
9. Players who discover they are too busy to play in a game or want to leave the game for civility issues are not allowed to officially /out in the thread.  A request to /out must only be done via a post in the role QT. Please do not use this as a manipulation technique.  (Note players may continue to threaten to /out or imply that they might as long as it does not include an official request). Requests to /out are final once submitted. There will be no /outing and then /inning back into the game so make sure that when you /out you have thought it through and really want to do it. Players that can't be replaced will simply be mod-killed. Whether your request to /out will lead to replacement or a modkill is up to the mod's discretion.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 04:17:33 pm by faust »
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 05:47:06 pm »

Setup:

Quick overview

This is a game for 12 players. There are 4 mafia players and 8 town players. Each player has a special ability. Players have the chance to collect random 1-shot powers over the course of the game. Each night, there is a turn order, determined via bids. Actions are resolved in turn order. The mafia will not have a full nightkill; instead, each player starts with 100 health and the mafia kill takes 50 health away.

Roles, initial setup, flavor

4 Mafia players (referred to as Team Mafia)
8 Town players (referred to as Team Town)

Each player has a special ability that is connected to the setup. These abilities are distributed independent of alignment. Players start with 100 health points; if at any point in the game, their health drops to 0 or below, they die. Each player will know their own health status at all times.

Each player also starts with 2 random weapons (see below). Any mafia player may use the Team Mafia's whole arsenal, but if a mafia player dies, their weapons will be lost. The mafia also has a factional weapon that they may use once each night, replacing their nightkill (see below). The Mafia QT is open only at night. These are the win conditions:

Town:
You win when the Team Mafia is eliminated, and there is at least one worm of Team Town left standing.

Mafia:
You win when the Team Town is eliminated, and there is at least one worm of Team Mafia left standing.

If everyone dies, the game ends in a draw (and can be repeated upon request).

Flavor is not connected to in-game events in a meaningful way.

Bids and turn order

Each night, there will be a fixed turn order. This is determined in the bidding phase. The bidding phase starts at the start of the day and ends when the Day ends (but it lasts at least 24 hours). During that time, each player must place a bid in their personal QT, which is any positive integer. Players who fail to place a bid take 30 health damage and automatically go last, with the order among them decided randomly. Turn order is determined as follows:
1) Find the integer that the least (positive) number of players bid. If there are multiple such integers, choose the lowest.
2) Randomly determine an order among the players that bid that number.
3) Starting with 1, give the next free spot to the next player in that order.
4) Remove the integer from the pool.
5) If there are still players left without a spot, start again with 1.

At night, all actions are processed in turn order, starting with the actions of the player in spot 1. Actions that players in lower spots perform cannot affect the actions taken before. If any player's health drops to 0 or below before their turn starts, their actions will not be processed. If a player drops to 0 health or below during a given night and his health would move above 0 later that same night, they will still die.

Turns

Each night, each player takes a turn, which consists of up to 3 actions. The player also determines an order of these actions. Actions are always resolved in that order. The possible actions are:
- Collect Crate: If there is a crate left in the game (see below), you will take it and receive its effects.
- Use Utility: The player may use any utility (see below) the possess.
- Use Weapon: The player may use a weapon they possess. Unless otherwise specified, this must always be the last action in a turn.

Crates and reinforcements

Each night, I will roll 1d10. That many crates are dropped. Crates can have the following types:
Weapon crate (50% chance): Contains a weapon.
Utility crate (30% chance): Contains a utility.
Health crate (20% chance): Gives +25 health. Cures poison.

The number, and types, of crates available will be announced at the start of each night. If you attempt to collect a crate, you may either specify which one or not. If you specify, you will receive that type of crate if there is still one available at the start of your turn. You will not receive any crate that is not from the type you specified. If you don't specify, you will receive a random crate out of those still available.

Additionally, at the start of each night, each player will get a weapon crate.

Weapons and utilities

A weapon is an item that can be used once during the game, at night. There are 58 different weapons in the game. Some weapons are super weapons; these only appear in crates half as often as regular weapons and are typically stronger. Each weapon has an accuracy between 0 and 100, or "Perfect accuracy". The accuracy determines how likely you will hit your target(s), measured in %. Each action you take before firing a weapon reduces your accuracy that turn by 20. Perfect accuracy weapons always hit their target(s). You will always know whether you missed your target due to accuracy.

If a shot misses (i.e. fails due to accuracy), the player performing that action will not count as targeting their intended target for any purposes. They will, however, still count as performing an action.

Weapons usually end your turn, i.e. using a weapon must be the last action a player does during their turn. Thus, it is not usually possible to use multiple weapons per night. Some weapons do not end the turn; if so, this is explicitly stated in their description.

Mafia has a factional weapon that they may use once per night, with unlimited shots. It has the following effect:
(100 accuracy) Target 1 player. That player takes 50 health damage. Does not end turn.

A utility is also a 1-shot, but does not have an accuracy, and does not end your turn. Some utilities are instant effect; if you collect them from a crate, something happens. Others have to be used. There are 9 different utilities, 4 of which are instant effect.

Inactivity

If any player does not post in the game thread for more than 48 hours straight, they lose 30 health the first time and are subject to replacement the second time. Players who do not post in the game thread for more than 72 hours straight are subject to replacement as well.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 11:09:00 am by faust »

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 06:01:15 pm »

I'd /in if I'll end one of currently going three games. Let's see when this starts. I love the flavor and special rules a lot!
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 07:58:28 pm »

/in
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 08:11:08 pm »

Holy Hand Grenade!

I know this is from Monty Python but I know it from Worms okay

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 08:58:00 pm »

/in

Is there any benefit to not just bidding "1" every night? From the rules, it looks like that's the best thing to do every night.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 09:01:49 pm »

/in

Is there any benefit to not just bidding "1" every night? From the rules, it looks like that's the best thing to do every night.

If everyone else does that, you win by bidding "2".

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 09:06:02 pm »

I will bid 5 every night

/in

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 09:09:40 pm »

Ah, I get it now.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Signups open)
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2016, 05:33:43 am »

Tag
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 11:26:07 pm »

/in. I'll read the setup sometime.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2016, 01:13:45 am »

/in

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 01:02:19 pm »

/in

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 01:37:58 am »

/in
Gender happened.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2016, 07:47:57 am »

^ May I ask what your signature means?

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2016, 08:51:31 am »

Sure!

That's the quickest form my brain can put together to describe how, since I've last been here I've come to terms with my gender (or lack thereof?) and entered the trans community in full force.

I feel like a proper discussion ought to (and very much can) happen outside this board, but I'd be happy to answer any questions/etc until then
Gender happened.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (7/12)
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2016, 05:56:02 pm »

/out

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2016, 01:22:18 pm »

/tag

I want to be in, but I need to be alive in fewer places at once first.

Also, hey Ghacob! What are your pronouns? I'm gradually succeeding in getting people to remember about singular they for me :-)

Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2016, 01:24:37 pm »

Everyone: You know what you need to do if you want this game to start!

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2016, 01:56:18 pm »

Heeeeeeeeey! That's not what I meant!!! :-P

Vote: faust
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2016, 03:03:21 pm »

the actual effective thing is signing up, anyway.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2016, 03:09:12 pm »

/tag?
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2016, 05:42:13 pm »

They pronouns. I put that over in my description thing which also shows up under my avatar, but it's hard to see apparently

/tag?

Ah, the clear implications of faust's comment was to those in games with SA to attempt to kill them so that they would join this game. This is predicated on SA's unwillingness to join this game as they're alive in too many already.

Finally by explaining this joke and therefore making it funnier, I have, at least in my own head, successfully reintegrated into this forum
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 05:43:18 pm by Ghacob »
Gender happened.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2016, 07:37:51 pm »

Okay, okay, \in.

But I'll tap out if I die in any other games before the week is out.

Fair? :-)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2016, 07:52:39 pm »

They pronouns. I put that over in my description thing which also shows up under my avatar, but it's hard to see apparently

Oh, yeah, I missed that too :-( It would be better if there was a "nope" option in the gender dropdown for the profiles :-)

I managed not to get pronouned at all in Olympics mafia up to the point I died, though they gendered me male after that when discussing stuff after I was dead. BSG mafia was a bit of a pronoun mess in spite of the fact I tried several times to be really clear about it, which threw me surprisingly much.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 46  All

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 19 queries.