Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  All

Author Topic: All the Fan Cards You Could Ever Want! (Almost 400+ Cards!)  (Read 78483 times)

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
Re: All the Fan Cards you could ever want! (300+ Images!)
« Reply #150 on: January 27, 2017, 07:54:27 am »
+2

Random stuff in the works:
  • I'm breaking up the "Other Cards" section. Right now I just know for now I'll have new entries as "sets" for my other cards, Co0kiel0rd's cards, and MattLee's cards. Hopefully, this will make it easier.
  • I've redone Asper's cards and I'll post those. Some of them have no difference, other than the creator and font sizes, but I made them anyway for completeness.
  • I'm gonna start a google doc that will be linked from my first post. In it, I'll hopefully go a little more in-depth, \list the other cards in the expansion and why I didn't do them, and other stuff. If you want to know about a card just hit that ctrl-F and search for it.
  • I'm hoping to start doing a "weekly hall of fame" where I'll show 3 of my favorite cards for the week.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 28, 2017, 05:00:19 pm »
+2

Game Repot! Sorry I don't have the time to visualize a kingdom.

Kingdom was Vassal, Prince, Ironmonger, Band of Misfits, Sentry, Farmers' Market Bells, Hunting Dog, Bells, Indulgence, Audience, Wolf Den, Expedition. Hitting early is crucial, getting that Sentry early will really help and Band of Misfits is really good with several good targets. I opened Silver/Vassal, but maybe one of those should have been an Expedition. My opponent got a Bells and a Hunting dog. Not the best combo, but don't judge he doesn't play very often. Indulgence is also really crucial because it's pretty good, verging on .

Mid-game was fun, I got good luck early with Sentry, trashing 2 cards 3 times. I had trouble getting last Copper out for Wolf Den, though. Farmer's market was good to me netting me about 8 total, or maybe 12 I forget. Indulgence helped me net several , with me once buying 4 Bells just for the 8. The hard thing was Bells and Vassal could only play Actions, so I had trouble drawing them. Ironmonger was the only real draw for Treasures. 2 Princed Vassals early was great.

I won 41 to 37. My opponent forgot about wolf den, and I had trashed all but 1 of my Farmers' Markets giving me a -3. 2 Indulgences with my opponent naming Dutchy/Silver on my second to last turn gave me a good deal of catch up and Bells helped ignore the 4 green in my deck.

Thoughts on the cards: Indulgence's wording is messed up, it should say "names a card costing to that's the top card of a Supply pile" to avoid impossible buys with Split Piles, Knights, or just naming a card not in the supply. With the wording fixed, I think it could cost , but I don't know. More often than not there'll be a dumb card and early game they can just always name Dutchy when you can't green, or Silver when you don't want Treasure.

Bells is OK, maybe it could cost but IDK. The real problem is it's kinda boring, maybe too much like Synod. Thoughts?

Hunting Dog maybe would be better if it revealed the top 6 cards of your deck, or had some cap. Just playing your next Action for free might be too good. It wasn't used very much late game though so it's probably fine just really good it turns 3-6 or so.

Audience should say "you may", but otherwise it was great. I used it last turn for a BoM to avoid Wolf Den, even though my opponent got a Prince out of it. I only bought one because I was scared of using it without a "you may", but BoM helped me use it only when it was necessary.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 28, 2017, 08:38:09 pm »
+1

I realized you actually re-did all of my cards. Thank you for crediting me in the flattering way you did. I am also relieved to find you didn't actually change that much. All of the changes you did (I think you just changed the art on Farmer and the wording of Investor?) are completely fine with me. In fact, I suppose Investor is cleaner this way. I didn't want to mash up expansion mechanics, so I changed it to the wording over in my thread, but well, the simple "two kinds of tokens" thing is maybe just better.
My only reservation is that Sultan might need a fix. There's an attempt over in my thread (I think?) but it's untested. Edit: Nope, there's none. Apparently I never uploaded it.
Also, couldn't help but notice you didn't mock up Meadow and the split pile. I can't blame you for either, though ;)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 08:40:12 pm by Asper »

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 28, 2017, 09:21:47 pm »

I realized you actually re-did all of my cards. Thank you for crediting me in the flattering way you did. I am also relieved to find you didn't actually change that much. All of the changes you did (I think you just changed the art on Farmer and the wording of Investor?) are completely fine with me. In fact, I suppose Investor is cleaner this way. I didn't want to mash up expansion mechanics, so I changed it to the wording over in my thread, but well, the simple "two kinds of tokens" thing is maybe just better.
My only reservation is that Sultan might need a fix. There's an attempt over in my thread (I think?) but it's untested. Edit: Nope, there's none. Apparently I never uploaded it.
Also, couldn't help but notice you didn't mock up Meadow and the split pile. I can't blame you for either, though ;)
I did do Meadow?... Maybe it failed to get posted. I still need to do the split pile.

I figured I'd change Farmer and Investor since their not different in any other way.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 30, 2017, 05:54:01 pm »
+3

Game report #2

Kingdom: Travelling Fair, Arena, Scion, Architect, Cavalry, Antiquarian, Floodgate, City Quarter, Mill, Archive, Diplomat, some other I forget (it wasn't that good.) So you have a shot at an engine here, City Quarter for Actions and Draw, weak trashing with Architect, and some possible draw-to-x with mill, diplomat, and possibly antiquarian. I opened Mill/Architect and my opponent did Silver/Mill I think. There was a possibility with TF/Architect for an edge on trashing but I thought getting extra Mills was crucial. The game didn't play out that interestingly. There was some complex tracking with actions, and mill, and Archives. I got a diplomat which in retrospect was bad since I always forgot to use it against cavalry and I hardly ever needed the +2 Actions. I lost because I was unable to discard 2 cards to mill because it would prevent my engine from kicking off, leaving me short of the I needed to pile the Provinces. My opponent won on the next turn. I missed several good chances with Arena where I should have discarded for which could have given me the win.

Floodgate: It's fun, Mill actually gave it a chance to shine by setting aside extra cards for your next mills and extra green.

Scion: Weak. We never went into them, though I admit that Mill was a big deterrent. I could make it cost , but I'd like to add an extra card for now. City Quarter got me thinking, though, maybe a cost would work.

Antiquarian: I constantly failed to use the second option, but the mini stables was nice. I think it's a good card.

Cavalry: Weak, it should be 2, though I might have underestimated the sifting. Maybe with 2 at .

Architecht: Really fun, probably my favorite. Scoin made it so the no s clause wouldn't have mattered as much, but still cool.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 02, 2017, 10:13:33 am »
+2

Hmm, I still have a lot of work to do if I want to update Asper's cards. I'm planning on not doing the edicts. I'm also thinking about doing Seasons, and maybe some cards from Dominion: Conquest, and whatever Neraki the Forgiven named his.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 02, 2017, 04:56:34 pm »

Hmm, I still have a lot of work to do if I want to update Asper's cards. I'm planning on not doing the edicts. I'm also thinking about doing Seasons, and maybe some cards from Dominion: Conquest, and whatever Neraki the Forgiven named his.

I still have tons of cards from Conquest I haven't shown. I've also mocked them all up using the Generator, so I can send you the links if you would like.
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2017, 05:00:55 pm »
+1

Does anyone still use this? I'm pretty much done with it, but I'm willing to revisit it if people still want to.

Oh and Asper, I've taken down your cards for now. I don't want people using your outdated versions.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 19, 2017, 02:54:57 pm »
+2

Oh and Asper, I've taken down your cards for now. I don't want people using your outdated versions.

I'm not planning to alter my cards anymore, so if you want to mock them up again, feel free to. Personally, I think it's cute to have so many fan cards collected in a single thread. I never thought there were as many fan card designers, tbh.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2017, 03:33:30 pm »
+2

I'm not planning to alter my cards anymore, so if you want to mock them up again, feel free to. Personally, I think it's cute to have so many fan cards collected in a single thread. I never thought there were as many fan card designers, tbh.
I'm planning on still changing them sometime. But I don't want people playing with the wrong versions so I removed some.

Thanar

• Bishop
  • Respect: +138
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 20, 2017, 11:43:53 pm »
+1

I definitely like having this thread available, and it's great to see it get updated when you find new cards, etc.

MattLee

• Spy
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 25, 2017, 11:20:31 pm »
+1

Does anyone still use this? I'm pretty much done with it, but I'm willing to revisit it if people still want to.

I've taken a break from Dominion but I'm keeping this bookmarked for when I inevitably get back into it. Still impressed with all the work you've here, props :)

Q

• Salvager
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 02, 2017, 12:27:05 pm »
+1

Great card collection!

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 15, 2017, 05:39:21 pm »
+3

Significant update! I've come back to this after months. Only the first post of cards has been updated as of know, but I'm updating the second real soon. I re-added Asper's cards (now with Seasons!), added maybe 10 or so cards across the board, changed Audience, and cut out one or two. I'm gonna add some more soon, and drop the Outtakes section. Later some of CPiGuy's cards will be added.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 17, 2017, 03:27:22 pm »
+1

OK, the update is finished. I'll come back later so I can reach 400 cards with Chappy7 and CPiGuy's cards.

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
Re: Fan Card Mock-Ups 2.0
« Reply #165 on: September 21, 2017, 11:01:54 am »
+1

Mini-Set Design Contest

I'll just post here what I posted in the out-dated thread about this design contest: Missionary should be would-gain, like Trader. You can't gain another card "instead" after you've already gained a card. Alternatively it could trash the gained card (like Watchtower) and then gain another card. Then when-gain (and when-trash) abilities would trigger.

Also, could you tell me where you got the card templates? They're better than the ones I have lying around.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
Re: All the Fan Cards You Could Ever Want! (Almost 400+ Cards!)
« Reply #166 on: September 21, 2017, 11:25:34 am »
+1

I noticed a line break in the middle of the "+1 Card" instruction on your version of Plantation.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 21, 2017, 12:05:21 pm »
+1

Mini-Set Design Contest

I'll just post here what I posted in the out-dated thread about this design contest: Missionary should be would-gain, like Trader. You can't gain another card "instead" after you've already gained a card. Alternatively it could trash the gained card (like Watchtower) and then gain another card. Then when-gain (and when-trash) abilities would trigger.

Also, could you tell me where you got the card templates? They're better than the ones I have lying around.
Yeah, I use Asper's/Co0kiel0rd's/LFN's templates. They've been linked several places, I know you can find the Event template in "Asper's Cards" and the card template in "Dominion: Seasons".

I noticed a line break in the middle of the "+1 Card" instruction on your version of Plantation.
GIMP just auto-formatted it that way. You're right that it would look better together, so I'll put that on the list of things to change along with Missionary.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #168 on: September 21, 2017, 01:41:21 pm »
+2

What's "Almost 400+"?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 21, 2017, 04:09:08 pm »

What's "Almost 400+"?
I almost have 400+ cards. Seems pretty simple.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 21, 2017, 05:03:45 pm »
+1

What's "Almost 400+"?

"400+": "At least 400"
"Almost 400": Less than 400
"Almost 400+": Less than at least 400"
You use two expressions that describe a direction, but they cancel each other out. It's like saying "To the left of to the right of 400".

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 21, 2017, 05:19:39 pm »

What's "Almost 400+"?

You use two expressions that describe a direction, but they cancel each other out. It's like saying "To the left of to the right of 400".
So? The + may be unnecessary but it's still just as accurate.

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 21, 2017, 06:40:35 pm »
+2

"Almost 400+" would mean that it's not quite 400+. So it could be very close to 400 or exactly 400, but not more than 400.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 21, 2017, 07:38:43 pm »

"Almost 400+" would mean that it's not quite 400+. So it could be very close to 400 or exactly 400, but not more than 400.
Which it is. It's about 392 cards, so very close to 400 but not more than.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 22, 2017, 02:09:08 am »
+1

What's "Almost 400+"?

So? The + may be unnecessary but it's still just as accurate.
Nobody said it's wrong. It's just silly and looks like you added the + to make it look more than it is. If it was just about being accurate, why not write "Less than over 9000 cards"?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.