Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10  All

Author Topic: All the Fan Cards You Could Ever Want! (Almost 400+ Cards!)  (Read 78469 times)

AdrianHealey

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
Re: All the Fan Cards you could ever want! (300+ Images!)
« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2017, 11:55:52 am »
+2

It looks like Tristan.

Edit:     December 28, 2016, 02:35:55 pm <= Last online for tristan. This profiel was registered January 3rd.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 11:57:54 am by AdrianHealey »

weety4

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +50
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 19, 2017, 12:47:20 pm »
+1

pissed you off
Look who's got a new profile.
I am new here but whatever, you have obvious issues with being criticized (after trampling on a great new fan idea concept).
You lack manners and behave very rudely, not just towards me but also towards ThetaSigma who requested that this dispute is stopped, and I am going to put you on ignore now.

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2017, 04:27:17 pm »
+3

@Asper: You are being quite uncharacteristically rude. You're usually much more polite than you've been recently.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 19, 2017, 09:43:02 pm »
+2

pissed you off
Look who's got a new profile.
I am new here but whatever, you have obvious issues with being criticized (after trampling on a great new fan idea concept).
You lack manners and behave very rudely, not just towards me but also towards ThetaSigma who requested that this dispute is stopped, and I am going to put you on ignore now.

@Asper: You are being quite uncharacteristically rude. You're usually much more polite than you've been recently.

Okay guys. Let's just get back to the fan cards, shall we?
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

MattLee

• Spy
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2017, 11:28:14 pm »
+1

The supplements are a fun looking and for what its worth I prefer the idea of a card you have to work for to get. If they were in the supply they would be just another card. I could see something like this actually being made in a future expansion

I'm pretty interested in Guard too. My wife is the kind of Dominion player who will insist on having Moat in the supply if theres a harsh attack out, nothing less will do  ::) . We haven't even made it to Adventures so we've never used events but someday I may try this one... someday.

MattLee

• Spy
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 21, 2017, 09:31:41 am »
+1

Question - can each player do this once per game or is it for the first person who gets to $12?

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 21, 2017, 09:38:49 am »

Question - can each player do this once per game or is it for the first person who gets to $12?
Each player can do it once: see Inheritance.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 21, 2017, 01:07:28 pm »
+4

Yes, I know. I noticed it myself. And I apologize.

I'm incredibly frustrated. Recently, I have been critizised for not going out of my way to make sure Tristan gets banned, by a person who, in the same sentence, claimed to like me. Just, for what purpose? Only for him to return again? I'm 100% sure that this new user is tristan, who in turn is horatio, who might be errinf (I don't know about that guy that much). When horatio was banned, I recognized tristan to be him rather quickly, and we all had a discussion about it, and nothing came out of it. There are just so many users who write in the fan card threads and use "pissed of" when trying to shame another person for not agreeing with them. The three I know of are errinf, horatio, tristan and this guy, and guess what, when one got banned the other appeared. (I also assume he's using a proxy or whatever you can use to conceal your identity). So, do I go into that discussion again, and have myself critizised for unfounded claims, just to see he gets banned a few weeks later either way just to return with another identity? It's tiring, it's painful and I just can't take it anymore.

I do realize this conflict got the better of me, and I apologize for my recent behaviour. Until fds has found a way to guarantee it's a place anyone can enjoy in peace, I'll be away.

AdrianHealey

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 21, 2017, 01:10:53 pm »
+2

Why do you care so much? I mean, Tristan called me the scum of the earth. I laughed and I am still here, enjoying fan cards discussions. He... is not. Let's just enjoy discussions. Block him too if you want? :)

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 21, 2017, 01:28:16 pm »
+1

Why do you care so much? I mean, Tristan called me the scum of the earth. I laughed and I am still here, enjoying fan cards discussions. He... is not. Let's just enjoy discussions. Block him too if you want? :)

Yeah, he insulted a lot of people, me included. I thought it was kinda funny. I mean, the ends people go to be a jerk.
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 21, 2017, 01:48:14 pm »
+1

Well, this didn't turn out how I'd hoped.

AdrianHealey

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 21, 2017, 02:22:40 pm »
+3

I am sorry, Theta. Let me restate that your work on all the fancards is awesome.

I am glad I got to work with you on civilization. My exams are over. Do you think you want to take another look at a few cards or is that a closed shapter for you?

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 21, 2017, 05:46:58 pm »
+3

I'm sorry for all of this, Theta. You also might be the person I have been the most unpolite to, recently. My sincerest apologies for that, and for derailing your thread. Keep supplying the forumites with high quality mock ups and give card ideas the spotlight they deserve. That rocks. :)

Fragasnap

• Tactician
  • Respect: +703
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 22, 2017, 11:05:04 am »
+2

The concept of Supplement cards is okay, but I don't like how they are both as complex and game altering as Kingdom cards while also not acting as Supply piles that can end the game. It makes a lot of sense for Scholar from my Greed expansion: One thing I have to consider constantly about Greed's "In Games Using This" effects is how they will influence draining piles, and currently Frontier and Scholar are the big ones that will so often pile out. For that reason, I can understand the desire to have a simple manner in which a Kingdom card can pile out but not end the game, but because of how complex Kingdom cards are, I am loathe to make them not occupy the standard 10-slots for a Kingdom.
If Supplements do occupy those slots though, it no longer makes sense to have a dozen or more of them to justify the rule-space they occupy for those instances in which many Supplements can be drawn resulting in a Kingdom with so few cards that can be bought (though this is remaining steadfast in my opinion that all cards should be designed to fit in expansions and all Kingdoms should be functional when using 3 expansions). I am perhaps overreacting to how frequent or undesireable having 6 Supplements and 4 buy-able Kingdom cards can be.

As an additional note on Greed cards:
  • Arcanum should gain a Copper before it draws +1 Card
  • Archers should gain "up to 2 non-Victory cards costing up to $3"
  • Street should cost $3
  • Weaponsmith needs to trigger when you "would gain" a card or else I'm not sure where the gained card goes.
  • You reverted your changes to Weaponsmith, but it still says "Edited"
  • Opinion: My Missionary is much better thematically as "Missionary" than the Mini-set Design Contest's card of the same name

Why did you decide to make the changes to Frontier that you did? If it was the result of play-testing I would very much like to hear about it.
Dominion: Avarice 1.1a, my fan expansion with "in-games-using-this" cards and Edicts (updated Oct 18, 2021)

Gubump

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 22, 2017, 01:27:38 pm »
+1

Flagship seems like it's strictly better than a Laboratory, since it's basically a Lab that causes the next Action card to be played next turn as well...
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

weety4

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 22, 2017, 01:57:58 pm »
+2

Flagship seems like it's strictly better than a Laboratory, since it's basically a Lab that causes the next Action card to be played next turn as well...
Flagship is the Duration variation of Throne Room which Donald tested at 3$ plus a Necro.

- There was a now-and-later Throne Room variant. Play an Action, play it again next turn. It was both confusing and weak. What if you use it on a duration card? How long does it stay on the table? It could have said "non-duration," but that's pretty sad in a set with 8 duration cards. And did I mention it was weak? It left before development started.

I don't see what it has to do with Lab; if anything it is a combo between Necro, Haven and Throne Room. And I am pretty sure that unless the Kingdom has virtually only terminals I'd rather want a Throne Room than Flagship.

About the buffed card, it is well worded to avoid rule issues and could be viable and I don't think that there is anything in principle wrong with fan cards that are based on cards that didn't survive playtesting. But on the other hand it should also be clear that such a fan card is unlikely to be very good.

Gubump

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2017, 02:10:21 pm »
+2

Flagship is the Duration variation of Throne Room which Donald tested at 3$ plus a Necro.

- There was a now-and-later Throne Room variant. Play an Action, play it again next turn. It was both confusing and weak. What if you use it on a duration card? How long does it stay on the table? It could have said "non-duration," but that's pretty sad in a set with 8 duration cards. And did I mention it was weak? It left before development started.

I don't see what it has to do with Lab; if anything it is a combo between Necro, Haven and Throne Room. And I am pretty sure that unless the Kingdom has virtually only terminals I'd rather want a Throne Room than Flagship.

About the buffed card, it is well worded to avoid rule issues and could be viable and I don't think that there is anything in principle wrong with fan cards that are based on cards that didn't survive playtesting. But on the other hand it should also be clear that such a fan card is unlikely to be very good.

Lab: +2 Cards, play an Action card.

Flagship: +2 Cards, play an Action card, then play that Action next turn.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2017, 03:08:45 pm »
+2

@Gubump: You're quite correct, I'll change that. Originally it gave +1 Card and cost , but I didn't like the +1 Card on a terminal. I forget however that it is essentially a cantrip because it gives a pseudo-action. I'll change that

@Everyone: Please play with Supplements as you see fit. They have very little testing so they may work better in a different form, I encourage you to try them out however you want. It also probably depends on the supplement in question, Scholar or Oriental Market would probably work as kingdom cards but Illusion and Paramnesia won't unless you put a cursing attack in on purpose.

@Fragasnap
Arcanum: You're right, I fixed the curse gaining then drawing but not the copper one.
Archers: Yes, I seem to have missed that.
Street: I have that changed, but thank you for reminding me to re-upload my fixes.
Weaponsmith: Yes, you're right. / I have (Edited) on there because I dropped the part where you first have to reveal the Treasures, which could matter with certain cards. It's a stretch so I'll go by your call.
Missionary: I'm curious why you thought it was thematic, I didn't notice any real theme. I'll change it if you want me to, though.
Frontier: I haven't played any real games with it (a lot of mine tend to end short, or a card never gets bought at all). I just don't like how it's gone so fast, and if/when I change it back to once every turn I'll keep the Seasons type because it makes sense to use the mechanic.

Also, Fragasnap, you seem restrained and I don't mind if you're a bit ruder. They're your cards man, if you want me to change them back just tell me to I will unless I feel like I have solid playtesting evidence not to (which I don't).

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 22, 2017, 07:15:23 pm »
+2

Frontier: I haven't played any real games with it (a lot of mine tend to end short, or a card never gets bought at all). I just don't like how it's gone so fast, and if/when I change it back to once every turn I'll keep the Seasons type because it makes sense to use the mechanic.

The fact that it disappears quickly is part of the point of Frontier. It's worth 5VP for the same cost as a duchy. The drawback is having to buy it early and have the dead card in your deck. I don't remember exactly how the seasons work, but doesn't "at the start of Spring" mean the very beginning of the game? So with your tweaks, there are only 6 (or 2) Frontiers in the pile from the beginning? Do I understand that correctly?

That said, I also made a change to Frontier for when I use it. I added this to the original: "When this pile is emptied, add six copies of another kingdom card pile costing less than this to the supply. They are considered to be part of the same supply pile as Frontier."

weety4

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 23, 2017, 03:18:07 am »
+1

Lab: +2 Cards, play an Action card.

Flagship: +2 Cards, play an Action card, then play that Action next turn.
Oops, I misread the +2 Card as +2 Actions.
You are of course totally right, this duration Throne Room variation is far too strong for 4$.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 23, 2017, 08:11:49 am »

The fact that it disappears quickly is part of the point of Frontier. It's worth 5VP for the same cost as a duchy. The drawback is having to buy it early and have the dead card in your deck.
Yeah, but this pile also disappears as quickly, there's just more in there at one time. Maybe this makes it too good, IDK, but I like having more opportunity to buy them.
I don't remember exactly how the seasons work, but doesn't "at the start of Spring" mean the very beginning of the game? So with your tweaks, there are only 6 (or 2) Frontiers in the pile from the beginning? Do I understand that correctly?
Yes, I meant Fall. I forgot that the game starts in Spring, so you would be right.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 23, 2017, 04:55:03 pm »
+1

That said, I also made a change to Frontier for when I use it. I added this to the original: "When this pile is emptied, add six copies of another kingdom card pile costing less than this to the supply. They are considered to be part of the same supply pile as Frontier."
Instead of putting it on the card and pulling out new cards during the game, you could have the randomizer say something like "This pile starts the game with 6 copies of a random kingdom card at the bottom and 12 copies of Frontier on top", couldn't you?

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 23, 2017, 06:53:20 pm »
+1

Instead of putting it on the card and pulling out new cards during the game, you could have the randomizer say something like "This pile starts the game with 6 copies of a random kingdom card at the bottom and 12 copies of Frontier on top", couldn't you?
Yeah, I thought about that, but not until after I printed the version I've been using. And it doesn't make enough difference to be worth reprinting.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 25, 2017, 09:18:57 am »

I think I'll make a slight change to Oriental Market: if you end your buy phase with unspent and you bought a card, you can gain one. I feel like this is more true to my original purpose: it deals with all your extra , but you can only gain it if you have a ton of leftover.

Fragasnap

• Tactician
  • Respect: +703
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 26, 2017, 08:57:53 pm »
+3

Weaponsmith: Yes, you're right. / I have (Edited) on there because I dropped the part where you first have to reveal the Treasures, which could matter with certain cards. It's a stretch so I'll go by your call.
I didn't notice that. I am of the opinion that Opulent Castle is worded incorrectly since there is no way to prove that all discarded cards are Victory cards. The reason the cards are revealed is to keep players accountable since discards are atomic (unless the rule has changed since Empires release when I wasn't looking).
I would advocate that Weaponsmith keep players accountable. You can do what you want, though.

Missionary: I'm curious why you thought it was thematic, I didn't notice any real theme. I'll change it if you want me to, though.
Trashing valuable cards is funding the Missionaries and the converts bring labor (in the form of +Actions and Action cards when you trash Silver).

Also, Fragasnap, you seem restrained and I don't mind if you're a bit ruder. They're your cards man, if you want me to change them back just tell me to I will unless I feel like I have solid playtesting evidence not to (which I don't).
I don't mind your changes, they're just cards. I only wrote the "why" in bold because I had asked previously and received no answer.

The fact that it disappears quickly is part of the point of Frontier. It's worth 5VP for the same cost as a duchy. The drawback is having to buy it early and have the dead card in your deck.
Correct.
It actually has the issue that 12 turns is too long to last in multiplayer games. Early tests with 10 copies have been promising.
If you're frustrated about how it is gone so fast though, ThetaSigma12, your version is gone even faster on turn 5, since 6 copies are put into the trash on turn 1.

I'd be much more fond of the idea if there were more cards in Greed that could utilize such a setup mechanism.
Dominion: Avarice 1.1a, my fan expansion with "in-games-using-this" cards and Edicts (updated Oct 18, 2021)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 21 queries.