Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10  All

Author Topic: All the Fan Cards You Could Ever Want! (Almost 400+ Cards!)  (Read 78459 times)

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
Re: Fan Card Mock-Ups 2.0
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2017, 03:06:18 pm »
+1

I'll go through and update all the cards next. I missed several small things:
-"Actions" should be "Action cards"
-"for" should be ", for"
-There were a few times I should have been clearer, with "That card" instead of "it" e.g.
-And of course small capitalization/punctuation typos and the such.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 12:34:30 pm by ThetaSigma12 »
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

MattLee

• Spy
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2017, 11:24:44 pm »
+1

Great work! I'm flattered to see a couple of my ideas on there :)

How the heck did you find the artist name for Tracker and Tradesman??

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2017, 02:25:26 pm »
+1

Great work! I'm flattered to see a couple of my ideas on there :)
Thanks! Don't be too flattered, these are just my favorites, not the community's as a whole.
How the heck did you find the artist name for Tracker and Tradesman??
Google reverse image search.

I have zero experience in website design but is there a way to put these all on some website where you could easily search through all of them? There's so many it would be nice if there was an easy way to search for particular ones, like by type of card or by creator.

luser

• Tactician
  • Respect: +352
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2017, 05:54:19 pm »
+1

I read cards here and here I cards that dont look good for me in from first two pages of thread

graveyard look really weak, with 5 you could't open with it and later it looks like too slow trasher. I don't see how one could use it for draw later as you need buys to get coppers which don't have to be in your starting hand. If it consted 3 it would be weaker version of amulet.

fool - also looks overpriced, compare with tunnel and that without discard in kingdom this is weak like duchess.

arsenal - I disagree with argument that this is weak. Like cotr/guide you could call this when  your engine would stop because you don't have village/smithy. But this could cost 2-4 and it wouldn't affect its usability much.

widow - its masquarade pin on steroids, with engine possible everybody needs to go widow pin.

refund - I would drop that, its too similar to temple and temple is better.

revolution  - is kc-thronability intentional or not?

dilemma - could you playtest it as it looks too strong for 4?

royal demense - also consider dropping, too similar to fairgrounds unless there are castles in play.

fief - also not very interesting as its too weak version of groundskeeper.

college - its is stronger than wandering minstrel as you need  only one to find action and its more reliable, why its so cheap?

ghost town - looks quite weak.

wildfire - too similar to donate and I don't see situation where one could trigger reaction as getting 2 7-cost wildfires looks as mistake.

exotic traders - why it needs chancellor effect?

bullion - also too weak, for copper trashing its much weaker than steward and doesnt shine much in lategame.

demagogue - looks too strong one player could effectively pin another by getting two demas and naming village and draw, that he discards doesnt matter much, only  as he played all his cards.

debasement - doesnt make much sense, with moneyish game silver is better and getting these for engines to cost-reduce treasures, then trash debasements looks slow.

maid - almost as ugly as baker.

study - worse than gold, duration 3$ now and card next turn you need two of these to get comparable effect as gold and caravan effect doesnt save it.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2017, 06:25:25 pm »

I read cards here and here I cards that don't look good for me in from first two pages of thread
Thanks!
graveyard look really weak, with 5 you couldn't open with it and later it looks like too slow trasher. I don't see how one could use it for draw later as you need buys to get coppers which don't have to be in your starting hand. If it costed 3 it would be weaker version of amulet.
Yeah, +1 Card and trashing now and next is weak I guess. I'd consider adding +1 Card to both now and later.
fool - also looks overpriced, compare with tunnel and that without discard in kingdom this is weak like duchess.
It gives you 2 coin tokens, that seems on-par with Merchant's Guild? Maybe increasing the on-play to + or adding a buy would help it.
arsenal - I disagree with argument that this is weak. Like coin of the realm or guide you could call this when your engine would stop because you don't have village/smithy. But this could cost 2-4 and it wouldn't affect its usability much.
It's usually +2 Cards at the start of your next turn, which is similar to Enchantress, but cheaper. I think it's fine.
widow - its masquarade pin on steroids, with engine possible everybody needs to go widow pin.
It's fixed in the newer version, it's an attack and it only targets hands of 3 or more cards.
refund - I would drop that, its too similar to temple and temple is better.
Maybe. I think it's different enough to keep for now, but if it's too weak I'm sure It'll get axed soon. It does have a lot of overlap.
revolution  - is kc-thronability intentional or not?
Hmm, you might have a point, but basically any card gets out of hand with KC. Even if I did wan't to fix it, I don't know how to go about doing it. A moating for the opponent like Mountebank does?
dilemma - could you playtest it as it looks too strong for 4?
Yep, I hope to playtest these all, or at least get info from other people who did. A psudeo-silver action is probably an okay , but this is more interesting.
royal demesne - also consider dropping, too similar to fairgrounds unless there are castles in play.
I think it's substantially different than fairgrounds.
fief - also not very interesting as its too weak version of groundskeeper.
Fair enough, maybe I'll change it back to Curse giving instead of +.
college - its is stronger than wandering minstrel as you need only one to find action and it's more reliable, why is it so cheap?
Maybe. I just redid the card, so I can't comment on it's balancing.
ghost town - looks quite weak.
It's good.
wildfire - too similar to donate and I don't see situation where one could trigger reaction as getting 2 7-cost wildfires looks as a mistake.
Okay, maybe. I do agree in it's similarity to Donate.
exotic traders - why it needs chancellor effect?
To prevent you from getting the this shuffle.
bullion - also too weak, for copper trashing it's much weaker than steward and doesn't shine much in late game.
It's not meant for Copper trashing, it's meant for turning Silver into Gold and Gold into Plat+. Maybe cheaper I guess.
demagogue - looks too strong one player could effectively pin another by getting two demagogues and naming village and draw, that he discards doesn't matter much, only as he played all his cards.
It's not as bad as you think. They always draw up, and it hurts you too. Often screwing over the other player will screw you over just as much.
debasement - doesnt make much sense, with moneyish game silver is better and getting these for engines to cost-reduce treasures, then trash debasements looks slow.
Yeah, I'll probably drop it soon.
maid - almost as ugly as baker.
? It's a good card.
study - worse than gold, duration 3$ now and card next turn you need two of these to get comparable effect as gold and caravan effect doesnt save it.
I just changed the art. It might be weak though. If you wan't to look into it more, see Enterprise by LastFootnote.

weety4

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +50
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2017, 03:32:46 am »
+1

I think that your comparison of Fool with Merchant Guild is apt. Sure, Merchant Guild does a little something extra but you gotta play it whereas you don't have to play Fool to get the 2 Coin tokens.

I guess that luser wrongly assumes that the card works precisely like Tunnel, i.e. that it only nets Coin tokens when you discard it outside of the Clean-up phase.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2017, 11:53:05 am »

I wonder how good Fool-BM would be. It seems like it could work especially with some okay support.

I'm thinking of changing the (Modded) tags. Right now it means essentially any corner case that wasn't in the original was added. Maybe I should make them clearer (Edited) for extra corner cases that weren't in the original, (Modded) for substantial changes, and (Recosted) if I just changed the cost.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2017, 12:34:06 pm »

All the cards are in the first 2 posts. I'm still in the process of formatting though.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2017, 12:29:40 pm »
+1

Hey Theta, if you want to add mine to here, I'd be fine with that. Most likely they need more work though.  ;)
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2017, 10:44:49 am »
+2

Hey Theta, if you want to add mine to here, I'd be fine with that. Most likely they need more work though.  ;)

I changed the below-the-line to that thing someone suggested.

Since it's balanced at almost any cost, why not make it be any cost? You could always set it at is you wanted to anyway.

And I liked some of SettingFraming's Highlands:

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2017, 06:08:31 pm »
+5

I've now mocked-up 250+ working cards!

Working means not counting outtakes since I wouldn't necessarily with those, and Supplements, since I haven't posted those, and Randomizers since those aren't really cards. Anyways, congrats me!

EDIT: For clarity
EDIT: Here's my grand plans for the future:
-Do more cards, specifically, try to finish up the expansions.
-Do Asper's cards, he's generously given me permission to fix the typos that he's too busy to fix.
-Break up the Other cards, maybe sorting them by designer.
-Post other cards I haven't done here, like Civilization, Mini-set Mockups, and Kru5h's cards.
-Rename the thread, because some of my own work is in here. Probably "All the fan cards you could ever want" with some clickbaity title, like "Over 300 cards!" and "Number 127 will blow your mind"
-Reference other fan expansions, mainly Enterprise. I won't post the cards but I want them to be referenced.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 08:41:58 am by ThetaSigma12 »

MattLee

• Spy
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2017, 10:49:36 pm »
+1

I've now made 250 working cards!

Dang thats a lot of cards, great work!

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5344
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2017, 05:10:16 am »
+1

Out of curiosity, which "very similar card" eclipses Farmer in your opinion?

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2017, 05:16:12 am »
+2

Also, I'd rather say you mocked up 250 cards. You didn't make them, you know.
I know it's a nitpick, but you write about changing X and dropping Y, and actually you just made a card based on X and stopped using Y. I can't speak for every fan card autor, but to me it feels rather different. Maybe I'm just a grump who doesn't want others to meddle with his babies.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2017, 07:39:34 am »
+2

I know it's a nitpick, but you write about changing X and dropping Y, and actually you just made a card based on X and stopped using Y. I can't speak for every fan card autor, but to me it feels rather different. Maybe I'm just a grump who doesn't want others to meddle with his babies.
Sorry. Fixed. This comes up a lot, but these are my favorites from the set so when I mean "dropping" I don't mean from the set, I mean from my favorites.

Also, with newer cards where the creator is still aroud a lot, I usualy don't change them as much. The ones I do change are the older ones. All in all I feel like I'm doing enough for the creators (tags on the cards, mentioning I've changed things, linking to the source thread, etc.) I'll keep on trying to do more but there comes a point when maybe they can be a bit more lax?
None, I just have it there because you said you didn't like the art. I was planning on making a note in that in my description today, but you caught me first though.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2017, 11:36:09 am »
+1

Sorry. Fixed. This comes up a lot, but these are my favorites from the set so when I mean "dropping" I don't mean from the set, I mean from my favorites.

Also, with newer cards where the creator is still aroud a lot, I usualy don't change them as much. The ones I do change are the older ones. All in all I feel like I'm doing enough for the creators (tags on the cards, mentioning I've changed things, linking to the source thread, etc.) I'll keep on trying to do more but there comes a point when maybe they can be a bit more lax?
None, I just have it there because you said you didn't like the art. I was planning on making a note in that in my description today, but you caught me first though.
You're right about that. Sorry, it's fine as is. I'm probably just not in a good mood today.

Thanks for the clarification, I was merely curious what sucb a card would look like.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: All the Fan Cards you could ever want! (300+ Images!)
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2017, 05:02:48 pm »
+1

Renamed it to something more clickbaity. Technically I only have 200 or so on there right now, but I'll upload the other hundred later.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2017, 06:15:04 pm »
+2

Renamed it to something more clickbaity. Technically I only have 200 or so on there right now, but I'll upload the other hundred later.

I mean, there often have been people asking for a collection of all fan card ideas. And while this thread on its own can't do that (as it doesn't include cards that have already been mocked up), it serves as the missing piece that, together with the "pro" fan card designer threads, approaches that vision. Obviously my opinion which cards deserve to be mocked up and which don't won't always mirror yours, but I respect and like what this thread has to offer to the community.

AdrianHealey

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2017, 09:49:34 pm »
+1

This is amazing, Theta. Well done.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2017, 03:03:33 pm »
+3

I mean, there often have been people asking for a collection of all fan card ideas. And while this thread on its own can't do that (as it doesn't include cards that have already been mocked up), it serves as the missing piece that, together with the "pro" fan card designer threads, approaches that vision. Obviously my opinion which cards deserve to be mocked up and which don't won't always mirror yours, but I respect and like what this thread has to offer to the community.
Thanks. I'm hoping to link to the "pro" threads, such as Seasons and Enterprise, that I have little intention of mocking up, so this can be a near-complete set of fan cards worth testing.

I'm interested to hear of any examples of cards you didn't think were worth mocking up. Obviously there are "outtakes", cards I made but I didn't really like after playing them. Or did you just mean there were cards you wanted me to make but I didn't?

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2017, 12:26:39 pm »
+1

Are these cards all playtested, or are some just created but never used? Just curious.

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2017, 12:30:42 pm »
+1

Are these cards all playtested, or are some just created but never used? Just curious.
By me? Of course not. I only know about 2 people who will actually play with me, and I'm not really allowed to play with random people online a lot. However, these cards are all out there so there's probably a significant amount that have been tested by other people (MattLee, Thanar, etc.), and in many cases the creator themselves.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2017, 12:33:43 pm »
+1

By me? Of course not. I only know about 2 people who will actually play with me, and I'm not really allowed to play with random people online a lot. However, these cards are all out there so there's probably a significant amount that have been tested by other people (MattLee, Thanar, etc.), and in many cases the creator themselves.

Okay, thanks!

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2017, 10:21:51 am »
+2

I'm interested to hear of any examples of cards you didn't think were worth mocking up. Obviously there are "outtakes", cards I made but I didn't really like after playing them. Or did you just mean there were cards you wanted me to make but I didn't?
Well, I have certain preferences for cards, so I felt it was obvious my choice in total would differ slightly. I'd rather discuss concrete critizism in the creator's threads where they can more easily answer to it - in some cases I think I already did. Either way, that wasn't intended to be my main focus. I just wanted to say you're doing something that a lot of people will be grateful for, and that's cool.

If I were you, however, I would limit this thread to cards that actually do need a mockup (because they don't already have one, or the one they have has terrible mistakes in it, or lacks card art).

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2017, 05:16:03 pm »
+2

New card type: Supplements.

Rules: Supplements don't count as kingdom Supply piles. You can add any number of them to a kingdom each time you play, or you can shuffle it in and randomize them similar to Events and Landmarks. Supplements aren't in the Supply usually, though they usually should be unless they have some other reason (like Misfortune).

Captain's Quarters is a free scheme, but it's a Ruined Village so maybe it's not the best inventor.

Hold is a really powerful draw variant, but you need to have a dud hand to get it. It might be a bit too hard to get.

Oriental Market will fix all of your +Buy problems, but it comes at a high cost. It could just be a normal card at 5 I guess, but this way you can't gain one and it's limited to only once per turn.

Reconstruct can be a real powerhouse, and you gain them for free! On the con, you gain it so it might power up your opponent's cards more.

Here are some other fan cards remade as Supplements:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 07:05:49 pm by ThetaSigma12 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 21 queries.