Dominion > Variants and Fan Cards

All the Fan Cards You Could Ever Want! (Almost 400+ Cards!)

(1/46) > >>

ThetaSigma12:
I'm planning to redo many fan cards that have appeared on this forum and beyond. For the older ones, I'll update the wording and whatnot. The newer ones will mainly be for the sake of consistency. I'll also add some of my cards I made, and link to other threads where you can get more juicy fan cards that are so good I won't do them.
Disclaimer: Most of these are being done solely as the work of a fan (yes, a work of a fan on a work of a fan). For most of these, I'm simply hoping to redo the templates and add some balancing based on my playtesting experience.

A few things to know before you browse:
-Seasons and Flash mechanics were developed by Co0kiel0rd (Also Asper for Seasons). Click them to find the thread with the rules, and check out the other cards.
-Please point out typos. I find it helpful, not annoying.
-Click the images to zoom in.
-Click the quote by the creator to find the source thread.
-Unless you would necro the thread, please continue the discussion of the card effects in the original thread.
-Under the card, you'll see some words "By: X" or "Creator: X" refers to the creator's name. "Illustration: X" refers to the artist's name.
-There are a few tags I may have added. (Modded) means I substantially changed the card from the original. (Edited) means it's roughly the same but it may function differently in certain edge cases. (Recosted) means I just changed the cost.
-The second quote box is my thoughts on the expansion. Under that you'll see some headings, "-" meaning a change I might make, "+" meaning a card I'll add, and "~" meaning cards I won't do.
-There's a new word, "during". Any effect that happens "during" X, happens the next time you reach X, or now if you're already in X.
-Some Reserves say "you may call a X". This means that you may only call one X to react to a certain event.
-I give every reply a +1
-If you're a creator and have a beef with me about something, post about it here please, or PM me if you want to.

ThetaSigma12:
4est’s Cards
--- Quote from: 4est on January 29, 2017, 06:40:21 pm ---Currently it’s 15 cards, that mostly revolve around the theme of discarding for benefit and cycling cards that either like or can create small hand-sizes.  Since these are my first cards, I kept them simple—no durations, tokens, reserves, debt, potions, travellers and such—just 13 Actions (2 Attacks), 1 Treasure-Reaction, and 1 Victory.  All have gone through some playtesting, but I'm continuing to playtest and modify as I go. 

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: ThetaSimga12 ---Rating: 7/10
Progress: Partly complete.

--- End quote ---

Adversity by MultiTalented:
--- Quote from: Multitallented on May 03, 2016, 07:32:14 pm ---This is a set that aims to be a standalone expansion. It does not use any tokens or rely on any cards from other expansions. I tried to encompass all the essential aspects of Dominion, and I'll be adding more cards later. The theme is adversity and the unfair nature of life.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: ThetaSigma12 ---Rating: 7/10
Progress: Complete

--- End quote ---

Auto-Destruct-Sequence's Cards:
--- Quote from: Auto-Destruct Sequence on August 12, 2012, 09:17:50 am ---This is my first attempt at creating a fan expansion. There are 24 cards. I did my best to try to include various card types with a good deal of interactions.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: ThetaSigma12 ---Rating: 6/10
Progress: Several cards might get balancing changes, but otherwise the set is complete.

--- End quote ---

Ben_King's Cards:
--- Quote from: ben_king on June 20, 2015, 05:32:03 pm ---Over the past few months, I've been working on making some of my own Dominion cards.  Mostly they're just random ideas, but there are a couple themes lurking that may get organized enough to turn into a fan expansion someday:
a
1) Cards that get treasures into play during the action phase (a la Black Market and Storyteller) and action cards that benefit from having treasures in play.
2) Cards that would best be online only (Elixir and Quintessence - since they really should only be in the game if there are other Potion cards).  I've been working on my own online Dominion interface and am planning to implement them there.

I'm sure some of these ideas have probably been done before, but I'd love to know what you guys think about them.

--- End quote ---

Progress: Complete.

--- End quote ---

Civilization by ThetaSigma12 & AdrianHealey
--- Quote from: AdrianHealey on August 13, 2016, 09:24:37 pm ---Greetings forum,

A while ago Roadrunner and I started working on an expansion together, we were stuck a bit, until Theta joined us and then everything went pretty quickly. So today I have the honor to present to you the beta version of a new fan expansion called 'civilization'. Most of the cards have seen sufficient playtesting to warrant 'probably ok' label, but some could use some more.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: ThetaSigma12 ---Rating: 5/10

--- End quote ---

Conspiracy by kru5h
--- Quote from: kru5h on October 19, 2016, 01:56:12 am ---My cards aspire to be the sequel to Intrigue. Lots of choices and duality. I call it Dominion: Conspiracy.

--- End quote ---

Progress: Almost complete. Some cards will be changed as Kru5h changes them.

--- End quote ---

Greed by Fragasnap:
--- Quote from: Fragasnap on March 21, 2015, 08:14:40 am ---Dominion: Greed is a fan expansion that has been in the making since the release of Dominion: Guilds in 2013 between myself and Lamestar, a friend of mine.
This expansion for Dominion consists of 21 Kingdom cards, with more pending testing. The set has two mechanical themes: Cards which harm the user (providing negative effects) and "in games using this" effects.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: ThetaSigma12 ---Rating: 8/10
Progress: Complete. Some cards will be changed as Fragsnap changes them.

--- End quote ---

Highlands by SettingFraming:
--- Quote from: SettingFraming on January 10, 2017, 12:54:22 am ---I've been playing Dominion for a while, but haven't really spent any time on this part of the forum. Anyways, I made a small expansion (12 cards). They're mountain themed. I'll let you guys figure out the play theme (if there is one).

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Holy Order by General Ramos:
--- Quote from: GeneralRamos on December 17, 2015, 10:08:32 am ---This post has been updated to reflect the current state of the cards. The following are more or less stable right now.

--- End quote ---

Progress: Almost complete.

--- End quote ---

Jacques'Cards:
Progress: Alsmot complete.

--- End quote ---

Legacy
--- Quote from: Asper on August 24, 2013, 12:25:40 pm ---"Asper's Cards" were created with the main goal to make original but relatively easy to understand cards by using existing game mechanics. As most mechanics of Dominion are visited, the collection also works as a Treasure Chest, with each official set up to Empires having at least 2 cards dedicated to it (let's call this 25-card subset "Dominion - Legacy"). The "set" currently has: A card you can spend more than one action on, a VP card that attacks to become worth more, a card that starts out in the trash, a $2 curser, a card that will cost you VP when you gain it, a Potion Event and at least one horrible pun.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: ThetaSigma12 ---Rating: 9/10
Progress: Complete, though Asper changes his cards often.

--- End quote ---

MattLee's Cards:
--- Quote from: MattLee on December 27, 2016, 04:04:55 pm ---Hi all! This is my first shot at making cards and I'd love any and all input I can get before I print them out. I only own the base set (1st and 2nd edition), Intrigue (1st and 2nd), Seaside, and Prosperity but I am familiar with most of the other cards. If a card of mine is very similar to a card in a later expansion me know. I only play 2 player and usually colony/platinum games so cards that work for those games are my priority but I want them balanced for all games if possible. I prefer cards that are simple, don't slow down the game, and are unique.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

McGarnacle's Cards:
--- Quote from: McGarnacle on December 16, 2016, 11:46:33 am ---Using Violet CLM's fantastic Dominion Card Image Generator (Note: It's great but I didn't use it), I've made some Fan Cards I would like your opinions on. They are supposed to work with Alchemy and Cornucopia specifically (2 of my fav expansions), using some ideas I've seen previously like the + mechanic, which is awesome.

--- End quote ---

Progress: Incomplete.

--- End quote ---

ThetaSigma12:
Mini-Set Design Contest
--- Quote from: ThetaSigma12 ---Rating: 9/10

--- End quote ---

Mini-Set Losers

--- End quote ---

Plauge by Plasticbrain:
--- Quote from: plasticbrain on November 19, 2011, 07:07:42 pm ---Hail, weary pilgrim... rest while I tell a dark tale of disaster.... and redemption!  On comes Plague, a dangerous new mini-expansion for Dominion. I hope you 'enjoy' Curses as much as I do... mwah ha ha HAAAA!!

... bear in mind, that only 5 of these 13 cards actually give Curses. I also designed them specifically so while they have fun interactions amongst themselves, they could go into any random Dominion game and be fun individually. let me know what you think, but please spend a little time with them. Their dark, risky edge brings something pretty different to the Dominion universe, but that doesn't make them bad or not fun. My whole concept was to make Curses fun after all!

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Resurgance by LibraryAdventuer:
--- Quote from: LibraryAdventurer on May 16, 2014, 03:46:23 am ---Making a fan expansion (or at least calling your bunch of fan cards a fan expansion) seems the thing to do these days for people who like to make fan cards.  So here's my fan expansion, in its current condition.
  Flavor themes: Restoration and Inheritance. This is to come in the story timeline next after Dark Ages.
  Mechanic themes: durations and mixed-type victory cards along with a bit of a treasure chest of other expansion mechanics.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Roots & Renewal + Co0kiel0rd’s Other Cards
--- Quote from: Co0kieL0rd on July 29, 2014, 06:42:42 pm ---Roots and Renewal has been around for over one and a half years now and although I haven’t posted any news in a while, I’ve constantly developed, tested, reworked, fine-tuned and scratched cards for this set. A huge thanks goes to Asper for countless fun and interesting test games and plenty of feedback. Also thanks to Fragasnap and LastFootnote for their help and everybody else on the forum for commenting.

Roots and Renewal is still some ways afar from being finished so it’s time I cleaned up this thread, rid it of outdated images and uploaded updated versions as well as some new cards. Just to remind everyone, the set’s themes are still the following:

* Interaction with the Supply
* Manipulation of the opening turns
* Powerful and unusual reactions
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: ThetaSigma12 ---Rating: 8/10

--- End quote ---

ShadowLancer's Cards:
--- Quote from: ShadowLancer on January 06, 2016, 03:41:56 pm ---Hey guys! For my first forum post, here are a bunch of card ideas I came up with. I haven’t really playtested any of them, so they might be terribly imbalanced. Tell me what you guys think!

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Strive & Reward by DBnator
--- Quote from: DBnator on October 30, 2016, 05:05:42 pm ---This is my first try at making a fan-expansion and I'm not that experienced with Dominion yet, so any kind of feedback is appreciated a lot. :)
My goal was to focus on gaining/discarding/trashing Treasure cards and creating interesting interactions and tactics.

--- End quote ---

Progress: Complete

--- End quote ---

ThetaSigma12’s Other Cards
--- Quote from: ThetaSigma12 ---These are my other cards, many based on cards from other’s expansions. I will refrain from raiting them myself.

--- End quote ---

Warlords & Wizards by 461.weavile
--- Quote from: 461.weavile on January 04, 2016, 08:51:38 pm ---The primary goal I had when beginning this expansion was to make the Potion games more fun. They seemed to not be worth it, especially with very few cards that cost a potion in a Kingdom. So there are a few new cards that cost potion, a way to avoid buying Potions sometimes, ways to use the Potion for something after you buy what you need, and Events that cost potion. [Note: Cut for length, click the quote to read the rest]

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Other Cards:
--- Quote from: ThetaSigma12 ---I won’t rate these as a whole, and I can always add more.

--- End quote ---

-Thanks to Asper, Co0kiel0rd, LastFootnote, GeneralRamos, and Herw for their templates!
-Thanks to Thanar for helping me find some of the artist's names!
-Thanks to LibraryAdventurer for giving me some pointers!
-Thanks to Donald X. for some wording tips, and for dominion in general.
-Thanks to all the creators!
-Shoutout to Nflicker and McGanacle for their support!

ThetaSigma12:
Weekly Cards!

Sea Shanty is an interesting Village variant NoMoreFun made for a hypothetical 2nd edition of Seaside.

Exotic Traders gives you a , but both cards miss the shuffle. On some boards it's on the weaker end, but can get insane with good trashing and plenty of good s.

Maid is a very interesting Oasis variant. She cleans your hand up, *poof* that Curse is a Copper! Possibly good enough to cost , but her unreliability with your discard pile can be a big drawback, and she will never make any progress through your deck.

tristan:

--- Quote from: ThetaSigma12 on September 21, 2016, 07:07:20 am ---
Arsenal was by far my favorite, so it's fitting to be at the top of the list. I bumped the cost to because it seems too much better than Expedition at .

--- End quote ---
Huh? How can you directly compare an Event with a terminal Reserve card?
Arsenal was by the way fine at 2. The problem with Reserve terminal draw is that you virtually always wanna call them immediately so they are only very slightly better than duration terminal draws. And duration terminal draws are probably roughly equal in strength to ordinary terminal draw ... and +2 Cards is really not all that strong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version