Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Card link tags  (Read 10530 times)

Personman

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +62
    • View Profile
    • My Friendfeed
Card link tags
« on: June 23, 2011, 06:03:33 pm »

Over at forums.mtgsalvation.com they have a nice feature -- you can wrap the name of a Magic card in [card][/card] tags, and it will become a link to that card's page at magiccards.info.

If it's possible, it would be awesome to get [card] tags here that make a link to the dominiondeck.com page for a card. I did this manually in this thread, and it would have saved me a lot of time!

Maybe this seems unnecessary, but:
1. A quick reminder of the actual text of a card can often be helpful
2. This could be extremely helpful for newer players who don't know all the cards yet
3. There are three more expansions, one of them small, right? We'll be coming up on 200 cards by the time the Dominion family is complete, and while I'm sure many of us will still be able to know them all by heart, it shouldn't be a requirement for participation.
4. Discussions may sometimes stray to aspects of the cards other than their rules text, such as the art, artists, expansion symbols, templating layout, etc. In these cases quickly seeing the actual card is vital.

The dominiondeck url schema is very straightforward, so I think this should be pretty easy to make. If it's not, I probably know enough people at mtgsalvation.com to find someone who can help.
My youtube channel. Isoptropic games with commentary!

IamOBESE

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
Re: Card link tags
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 12:01:44 pm »

This is a great idea, I'd love to have it. In spite of playing 200+ games, there are still cards that I don't know the exact text for

Taco Lobster

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +74
    • View Profile
Re: Card link tags
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 05:31:16 pm »

This is a great idea, I'd love to have it. In spite of playing 200+ games, there are still cards that I don't know the exact text for

I have the opposite problem - whenever I see a dominion card name anywhere else, in almost any context, the card text pops into my head. 

The local movie theatre says "will be open after remodel" and I think, cool, they're going to trash the theatre and get a new one costing up to $2 more...

That said, I do like the idea.  There are cards with subtle word differences that are sometimes at issue (e.g., TR v. KC).  Plus, it's really helpful for new players.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.