Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Question on Players without Expansions  (Read 1834 times)

GalacticHitchhiker

• Herbalist
  • Village Valedictorian
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
Question on Players without Expansions
« on: September 10, 2016, 04:04:04 pm »
+3

I recently bounced back into the world of Dominion to find the news that there's going to be a whole new Dominion Online starting in 2017!  Everything I've read makes it sound pretty exciting, but I had one line of questioning that I haven't been able to find a full answer to yet.

Can a player still play with, or "own", the Base set without paying the $3/mo subscription, as you can on Goko/MakingFun?  (Or, at least, could at one point.)

Related, will a player be able to host a game against a player who doesn't "own" all or any of the expansions?

Basically, what if I want to get a buddy involved in Dominion Online; I subscribe to everything, but my buddy doesn't yet.  Can I host a game with any cards?  And once we're done playing, can he host other games of just Base set without paying the subscription?

Or, will my buddy have to subscribe for at least the $2/mo to play Dominion Online at all?

I've seen a couple of mentions of a trial period or X amount of free games per month, which are both cool ideas, too!

Forgive me if any of these questions are answered elsewhere; I read as much as I could!

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
Re: Question on Players without Expansions
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 05:13:38 pm »

I wanted an answer to that too! Now we wait...
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

-Stef-

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 06:03:38 pm »
+11

These are excellent questions, but I can't give you an answer now and I'm sorry but you'll just have to be patient.
We will probably not make any more public statements about pricing before we're really close to the end of the year.

The advantages (satisfying curiosity) just don't weigh up against the disadvantages (lot of hurt feelings and long discussions about stuff other then how to make a good Dominion product). Please have faith in the fact that we will come up with something that has been thought through.
Join the Dominion League!

GalacticHitchhiker

• Herbalist
  • Village Valedictorian
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 05:12:28 pm »
+3

All good, Stef!  Whatever the answer to these questions are, it's not a big deal, I'll be happy either way.

My hope would that non-paying players could still enjoy the Base set, and subscribers could still host them with all their cards.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 20 queries.