Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 8: Time Loops (Game Over!)  (Read 74390 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 8: Time Loops (Day 3)
« Reply #650 on: October 02, 2016, 05:49:32 pm »

You've basically claimed town already.

You mean since the beginning of the game?  Yes, that's been clearly my message.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 02, 2016, 05:55:28 pm »

Sure, that's exactly what I meant.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 02, 2016, 06:04:30 pm »

I will say this:

J Reggie had an overall towny reaction to being scumread and receiving pressure.
Pacovf had an overall scummy reaction to being scumread and the slightest hint of possibly receiving pressure.

SA and LL were fairly absent, which hurts.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: October 03, 2016, 03:16:15 am »

Final Vote Count Day 3

ashersky (3): J Reggie, LaLight, ashersky

Not Voting (2): SpaceAnemone, pacovf

With 5 alive, it took 3 to lynch.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 03, 2016, 03:18:11 am »

In a more stable timeline without imminent thread, a purple, cat-sized figure jumped out of a split-second portal onto Slap's shoulder, among an environment that was no longer important enough to warrant further description.

"Hey there," Twilight said, "did you figure it out?"

"Oh, hi." Slap felt a tinge of surprise upon the personal visit. "I think so."

He shared his suspicion.

"That's it. Well done!"

"How do I kill-"

"Can't help you with that, sorry." Twilight said, nuzzling his neck. "Guess I'm pretty useless, huh?"

He hadn't been thrilled with the portals, but this...

"The, uhm." He gulped. "The link won't last much longer, will it?"

Twilight looked up from his shoulder. She was so tiny.

"No."

"Do you... have any..."

"Well..." her head turned back around, staring into the classroom. "Change is often coming, whether we like it or not. You won't have what you have now for that much longer, so just make the best of it. Right now you have something urgent to do. Aside from that, just... don't do anything that you know is stupid."

Slap J nodded. "Thanks." The faint glow of an immersing portal made him bite his lip. "And goodbye."

"Bye..."

One more affectionate stroke of her muzzle, and she stepped through the portal and was gone.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 03, 2016, 03:19:39 am »

ashersky has been lynched. He was a Vanilla Townie and link to Twilight Sparkle.

Night 3 starts now and ends at October 04, 03:00 Forum Time.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 8: Time Loops (Night 3)
« Reply #656 on: October 04, 2016, 04:34:19 am »

Slp J felt a certain bubbly feeling as another portal announced itself to his right. Suddenly triggered, he stood up and made for the classroom door, signaling for his neighbor to follow. Better not risk a wildcard messing with time shenanigans.

It was time to think about the final step...

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 8: Time Loops (Night 3)
« Reply #657 on: October 04, 2016, 04:35:49 am »

LaLight has died in the night. He was a Vanilla Townie, and link to Pinkie Pie.

Day 4 start!

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 8: Time Loops (Day 4)
« Reply #658 on: October 04, 2016, 05:19:48 am »

Yeah, it was going to be one of me and LL in the night :-( Now I have some hard thinking to do, and I'm guessing that you other two might not even be awake for a while.

I was sure towards the end of the day yesterday that it must be one of Ash or J Reggie, but then Ash died with his finger pointing firmly at Paco. Argh :-(
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #659 on: October 04, 2016, 09:02:30 am »

Ok I think this is my first time at 3 person lylo. Let's hope I make the right choice. I'm leaning towards PPS but I need to reread.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #660 on: October 04, 2016, 09:05:41 am »

Oops I mean pacovf. Does that count as a townslip?  :D

Tbh though I hope I don't end up being the IC, that's too much work.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 04, 2016, 09:14:28 am »

Argh, I was hoping it would be Lalight, now I need to reread SA... I mean, I don't expect to find them scummier than J Reggie, but well they were considered IC by everybody so they shouldn't have survived until now and now I am paranoid.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #662 on: October 04, 2016, 12:25:37 pm »

Before any of us even thinks about voting, we all should do targeted rereads, culminating in a big post, of PPS and the other two people still alive. If anyone votes without doing this I will vote for them, so if you're town please don't throw the game by not doing rereads. This will help us make the right decision. I should get around to doing all of mine today.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 04, 2016, 12:49:02 pm »

I agree that rereading is good, but I did a full reread on Sunday an not much has changed since then, so... I will take the time to look at SA in detail tomorrow evening.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 05, 2016, 12:29:12 am »

Hey J Reggie, you said you would do rereads today?

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #665 on: October 05, 2016, 12:46:13 am »

Hey J Reggie, you said you would do rereads today?

I did say that. Unfortunately that didn't happen.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 05, 2016, 07:04:21 am »

Well, I guess I'll go first, then! I was going to post mine last night, but I was super-tired, so I abandoned the post to a text file.

I've tried looking at pairwise interactions between each of you and PPS. There's a lot more on the Paco side, which I'm not that surprised by, since there was a half-adversarial relationship there. I think it could all have been an act, since if they are both scum there'll be some high-level playing there. But on the other hand, it would work out quite naturally that way with PPS being scum and Paco not being.

There's not a lot on the JR-PPS side at all, especially early on. My lists don't look as asymmetrical as all that, but when the posts got more engaged, I just copied the key sentence rather than the whole thing, that that happens much more between PPS and Paco than it did between PPS and JR. JR had a really low profile early in the game, but still he didn't really even acknowledge PPS's existence till post #447 as far as I can see.

I'll post the full set of direct interactions or mentions that I've pulled out, broken down into one-directional communication, at the end of this in one of those code boxes, since it's a bit long.

In terms of individual reads in isolation, I've had a bad feeling about J Reggie for quite a bit of the game. I know it seems pretty unlikely that a newbie would pick up on stuff that plenty of oldies have missed or disregarded, though. I didn't vote for him yesterday because I was totally torn between him and Ash and it got really tense, especially when Ash and LaLight were already voting for J Reggie. Then I concentrated on the other game and suddenly Ash was dead :-(

Ash seemed so convinced about Paco, though, which is the big worrying thing. I think actually this is part 1 of my post, and I need to do a part 2 that's an attempt at a case on Paco, just to be sure. If JR posts one in between, I'll try not to look at that, just so I know that mine is all my own thinking.

Code: [Select]
Paco on PPS:
#181 First reads list "PPS (jumping on easy votes, makes me feel uneasy)".
#212: "So I wanted to get back to you about my bad feeling." (post was much longer). Votes PPS.
#308: "Before I reread again, PPS or Zigaton would be ok lynches" (post was longer).
#309: "Also I seriously doubt that both PPS and ash are scum. Game would feel very different if they were."
#349: "I hope the reason I disapprove is obvious enough, if not, I will spell it out in due time."
#352: "You realize that this discussion is counterproductive to what J Reggie did, right?"
#354: "Sure. Still, I will stop posting for the time being." -- end of conversation between paco and PPS over JR's FH.
#381: "I am happy with my current vote on PPS." (part of a longer post)
#409 Mentions PPS as an example in taking down my JR case.
#417 Still puts PPS at the top of his lynch list.
#422: "You pressured me?" (part of a much longer response to PPS)
#423: "Consider my vote to be on any of PPS, RR or Lalight. Might vote for someone else if that is what it takes, but I hope it doesn't get to that."
#498: "I think PPS is just bad at reading setups. He might still be scum, but let's calm down."
#536: "Huh, so your partner is experienced?"

PPS on Paco:
69: "Seriously? Vote: pacovf" -- in response to Paco saying he's short on time.
#125: "I agree you aren't silverspawn but I only referenced him because he's a recent example and mod of this game." (post was longer). Example of why Paco's post would be scummy.
#188: "I suppose it's possible the Paco/LaLight pair have shown their hand that easily but it's a stretch. Paco omgusing me doesn't really sway me off the idea." (post was longer).
#217: "fair point, here. The rest is solid response, I like it." (post was longer) Response to Paco's defence of PPS's OMGUS aggusation.
#302: "Quite positive paco is town just because the wagon went way too quickly to L-1."
#348: "The question is, do you think what he did was scummy? Do you even know what he did?"
#350: "I am trying to figure out if it was a scummy thing to do." -- talking to Paco about JR's FH.
#353: "No, because if he didn't do it we wouldn't be having the discussion."
#394: PPS reads Paco as "null".
#412: "Looking at your breakdown I can't figure out why you favor RR over LaLight and especially me over the others. You still mad I pressured you?"
#445: "Big town read on Paco (despite him leading the charge on me)."
#446: Entire long response.

J Reggie on PPS:
#447: "I'm not sure about this recent stuff from PPS. I think I want RR to flip so we can analyze it." -- is this really the first time J Reggie mentions PPS?
#465: "Also if it's you and PPS, you will think it's you and PPS but not admit it. vote: ash"
#472: "Good catch! vote: PPS." -- in response to LaLight's catch of PPS's scumslip.
#478: "PPS is bad at reading setups but his reaction is scummy."
#538: "So PPS claiming ash is his partner is total Wifom, but being talked out of claiming cop... ash seems like one of the only ones who would do that besides me. And I'm IC so that means it's likely ash is PPS's partner."
#541: "Yeah, why not?" -- in response to PPS's twilight WIFOM question.
#542: "Agreed. We need to add this to the list of nicknames." -- about "pompomsan"

PPS on J Reggie:
#53: "I will vote McGarnacle tomorrow after we flip Vote: J Reggie for an obvious bus for cred."
#108: "No way. I see this is scum all the time." -- in response to JR's assertion that Paco's opening was townie.
#392: "The only other voters were SA and JR (who are the only ones I think appear to actually maybe be town around here)." (post was longer) -- I would feel worse about JR for this if I wasn't also mentioned!
#394: PPS reads JR as "maybe town".
#444: "Well, right off the bat I see I'm mixing up RR and JR"
#445: "J Reggie looks town as hell."
#446 Entire long response from PPS to Paco, but it includes a sentence on JR: "At the time I was simply trying to understand the purpose behind it to determine if JR was scum for doing it."
#450: "Pretty sure my vote was L-1 (which I called in bold)." Respose to JR mis-counting McGarnacle's vote.
#457: "POE means the ashersky/JR interaction around the soft-claim could have been a coordinated scum push pull tactic."
#468: "You flat out fished Zigaton and J Reggie immediately called it out for what it was" -- comment to Ash, but mentiones JR.
#539: "You don't seriously believe that, do you? You think I would openly out my partner in twilight?"
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
Re: Newbie Mafia 8: Time Loops (Day 1)
« Reply #667 on: October 05, 2016, 05:08:14 pm »

Ok, here's my PPS reread.  He has a lot of early interaction with me and pacovf (or at least talks about us a lot).

Good that I am not mafia, I don't really have the time to play scum right now.

Seriously? Vote: pacovf
Ok, I think pacovf's opening post is something you'd really only do as town.

No way. I see this is scum all the time. To wit, silverspawn's most recent Mafia world championship game he opened something similar and I immediately guessed him to be scum which is exactly how he turned out. The only thing I've seen scummiest this game is LaLight's unvote of Paco. Feeling pretty good about this read in light of that.
On mobile so responding to paco's multiquote post.

I agree you aren't silverspawn but I only referenced him because he's a recent example and mod of this game. This opener of hard claiming town comes more often than not from scum. So, if you are scum you are just like every scum who is or has been.

This is a kind of lame case on pacovf in response to me townreading him. 

Argh.. really sorry for not being present today :-( I've had a big concert this evening, and it went amazingly, but I've just come home from the afterparty and it's too late to do thinking... though I'd have a chance to phonepost between the rehearsals and concert, but I was rushed off my feet. I'll definitely make time to do proper reading tomorrow :-)

Being at a concert... Sounds scummy to me!  :)

This joke is scummy.  Plus emoticon.

Oh, not you as well!! Silver seemed to take issue with my use of smilies right from my first game :-( For some of us, they're just useful forms of written communication, and they don't mean anything at all about our scumminess or lack thereof!

Scum always says that.

This is PPS's first interaction with SA.  So far he's cast suspicion on pacovf and SA without providing any real cases.  This isn't particularly helpful. 

Today, I hold the idea we will actually hit scum very loosely and look for the most informative flip which is still pretty loose as well, it's D1 after all. I've got no strong town reads and no strong scum reads. Being a newbie game I suppose it's possible the Paco/LaLight pair have shown their hand that easily but it's a stretch. Paco omgusing me doesn't really sway me off the idea.

Proposes a paco/LL pair.  Scum points to Paco for that.  One on and one off is a common scum tactic. 

Note: 5 out of 8 players have expressed an interest in lynching me, so it's kinda hard for me to vote for someone without OMGUSing them...

fair point, here.

The rest is solid response, I like it. I don't agree with it too much seeing as I know my own alignment to be contrary to your implications but I can't really fault your line of reasoning, either. I'll be the first to admit that I suffer greatly from reading those who implicate me as town as being town themselves. I was trying to avoid this with ash and even considered voting him over it because he knows this about me. I am actually pretty impressed you highlighted buddying behavior of mine when I would have thought I had successfully avoided it.

Very hedgy here.  Seems like he's trying too hard to respond to Pacovf's vote on him without furthering the suspicion on pacovf.  More scum points to pacovf. 

I don't like the corralling thing you mention, though... isn't the whole point of D1 was to get people talking and into the game? Otherwise, why would it be so long. We have zero information to go on, so we have to make people talk to each other.
Yeah, we need to talk and all but the real deal is the day ends and it would be really dumb to go no lynch so face the facts; at some point we have to agree on a lynch. If it's going to be a mislynch usually scum is doing the corralling so scum would be uncomfortable with that notion being brought out so explicitly. Expect a scum lynch to be fairly hard to come by since they are very unlikely to help in that. Quite positive paco is town just because the wagon went way too quickly to L-1. I suppose there could be some early bussing that got out of hand (so LaLight is a prime suspect, there) or it just happened like that and somebody got scared of being on the tail end of it and forcing it through (oh, look, LaLight is the bad guy, again).

I believe this is in response to SA by the way.  Obviously at this point this case for pacovf being town is totally bogus, implying that he could only be scum if his partner bussed.  Well, his partner would have to be PPS, who didn't bus, so this totally could have been a wagon on scum.  So, bogus defense of pacovf = scum points to pacovf. 

Also note that in a game with only two scum, they really really can't afford to lose one D1.  So PPS's defense here isn't out of the question for scum to do.  On the flip side, PPS had barely interacted with SA at all at this point, which is totally possible because SA didn't have much suspicion D1.  So this leans towards pacovf but no one has been implicated yet. 

What are these facts?For example?
P.S. Specially for newbie :)

I'm not sure I follow. The fact I was referring to was the one about the day will end and if we don't lynch somebody we will just start D2 with one of us dead and maybe some worthwhile night action results if we are lucky but more likely we will be in no better position than now. I brought this up because the inevitability of avoiding the above situation is getting a lynch vote in. SA said they didn't like the notion of corralling votes but that is exactly what will have to happen.

Coaching of SA here?  Ehhh, I can see it but it's not really likely. 

vote: McGarnacle

I disapprove. Especially in a newbie game.

The question is, do you think what he did was scummy? Do you even know what he did?

No. Yes. I hope the reason I disapprove is obvious enough, if not, I will spell it out in due time.

I am trying to figure out if it was a scummy thing to do. McGarnacle was already L-1 so town!JReg wasn't forcing a claim unless he was hoping scum!McG would out himself in "twilight". I don't see a scum motivation for it at all. So, pretty null on it. When you say no do you mean null or town?

Here's an interaction.  I really can't get much from this.  Like, if they are partners they're doing a good job of having interactions that don't seem forced, but they're both experienced so I wouldn't be surprised.  Meh, I was hoping for more from this interaction but it's pretty null. 

PPS had a lot to say about the whole rolecop thing but it's an interaction with Ash so there's not much to take from it.  I guess what I can learn is that I thought ash was scum based on his interactions with PPS but I was wrong, so I have to rethink my analysis of those kinds of interactions for this case.  Good to know. 

In fact, looking at the McGarnacle wagon I see my prime suspect LaLight and then RR both move their vote directly to me once they forced a claim out of a townie. The only other voters were SA and JR (who are the only ones I think appear to actually maybe be town around here).

I'll go with my D1 meta and call a scum team of RR/LaLight. My vote stands.

Says SA is probably town.  This comes after very little interaction between the two.  What I have to deduce is: does PPS prefer to fake a lot of interactions with his partner or have almost none and hope no one notices?

Later in reads list, he says SA is maybe town and pacovf is null.  Okay. 

Well, right off the bat I see I'm mixing up RR and JR. No, RR is a top scum read for me. There is early partnering behavior between him and LaLight. Feeling much better about the way this is shaping up already. Still a whole bunch of reread to do but for now Unvote.

This big post is mostly for me to work things out and show my work, but I want to take a second to note this points to me being town.  Why would PPS mix up his partner with his top faked scum read?  Like that seems way too dangerous and unproductive. 

Big town read on Paco (despite him leading the charge on me). He's playing entirely too forthright to be scum. If he's scum he is super good at it. I mean, I think he's also being super good at town.
SA and Ziggy are both cryptic to me in wholly different ways. SA is participatory and lucid and being a newbie with this much material posted I think scum!SA would have shown their hand somewhere and I haven't seen it. Ziggy, well, there's the language thing which I think is cutting both ways. He is entirely too cryptic for me to read one way or the other. Big fat null on him. If he is scum he certainly isn't controlling the game.

"If he's scum he's super good at it" scum points to paco.  Still townreading SA without giving much of a reason.  So uhhh

You pressured me?

Yes, I feel i was instrumental in your early wagon. At the very least this is what I was referring to.

Both RR and you feel a bit off from your usual playstyle. Of course once you point that out it becomes a huge meta ball, but still. I prefer you slightly over RR because you are a bit scarier,
RR feels off because he is scum and he's not terribly good at it. RR is obvtown when he's town. Me, i don't realyl have a usual play style. if anything, I'd say I am far easier top spot as scum than as town. As town I feel safer playing loose and attracting attention because if I go down there's good interaction around me to analyze. I think we've only played one game together before and I seem to recall being scum that game? If that is the case then me seeming off would because I'm not scum now.

because trying to defuse the fake hammer doesn't look good (especially when you say it's ok because it created interactions or whatever),
The fake hammer thing was going to get some one in hot water regardless. What I mewan is there was no probability of snaring scum but 10-0% probability someone was going to get a  wagon on them just for looking at it. At the time I was simply trying to understand the purpose behind it to determine if JR was scum for doing it. I'm not entirely sure I've seen a fake hammer in any of my games before so i was processing the import of it in real time. Had I know what they represent prior tot hat point I would have probably stayed entirely silent. Anyhow, i stand by the fact that we now have a wagon on me because of it so clearly it created valuable interaction. Unfortunately one fo my biggest town reads ran with that so if I die over it isn't likely to bring suspicion on any scum.

and because lynching lurkers D1 is a double edged sword. It's not a super huge preference mind you.
I'm not seeing Zigaton as a lurker (but I'm calibrated by the likes of chairs and that other guy who posts so little I can't even remember his name)

I prefer either of you to Lalight because he's a newbie, which is always harder to predict.
At least you are honest about wanting to lynch out the vets first which is ironic considering you are one of them moreso than several others.

Big response to pacovf.  First of all I think PPS is lying/mistaken about leading the charge on pacovf.  From my point of view he defended him.  A lot of this post is just PPS defending himself.  I do find it interesting that he was so against lynching vets first.  This would make a lot of sense if both scum were vets. 

That's basically it for D1.  I'm going to post this now so I don't lose it, but I'm already leaning toward pacovf.  There's a lot to go though. 

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
Re: Newbie Mafia 8: Time Loops (Day 2)
« Reply #668 on: October 05, 2016, 05:30:36 pm »

PPS' D2:

Reread SA and feel good about them being town. I know they started the wagon on McGabber but got off immediately post-claim; and also ended up on RR but, hey look, Ashersky/JR got that one rolling.
I don't understand how it happened. But why do you lynching RR?

Not saying anything is a really good way for scum to hide. Also, Ash pointed out that one of the relatively few posts RR was scummy a while back (post #290). Now he's asserting he's the scummiest person out there, presumably because he's been so lurky here, and yet usually if he's town he's more obviously helpful (he's been in the other games I've played too).

Getting a bit meta, Ash really doesn't seem to say much of anything at all here -- he's mostly acting and voting without a lot of commentary, unlike the other two oldies -- but the other two seem to respect him and not read that as suspicious, which gives me a bit more confidence in what he's saying. That's one reason I don't want to lose the super-experienced players too quickly, because second-hand meta-reading seems to be something we might be able to pull off to help us :-)

Vote: RR

This looks perplexing to me, though. Seems the vote should have been on ashersky unless you're saying you sheeped ashersky hoping he was town? Can you elucidate your position on the RR wagon?

This does look like a forced town read on SA, but at that point SA was townie to everyone so PPS could have just been doing this to appear towny?  Eh, null.

Here's the scumslip for reference:
Still want to see if McGladiator got results before I place a vote. If I understand his role correctly his target lights up if they did some targeting or were targeted themselves. Here's hoping he targeted ashersky. I would also hope if Ziggy targeted ash it would still light up? Silver, will the Motion Detector still detect on the target or actions of the Cop who got NK'd?

Of course, the setup is now known to have a Scum RB and it makes good sense to have killed Ziggy and blocked the other known PR.

He then insists that we lynch him regardless of his alignment.  Here's where things get tricky.  There are many reasons he could have done this.  He could be hoping for some weird sort of towncred, like "oh PPS is a martyr don't kill him".  He could also be trying to coach his partner into voting for him for town cred.  SA was already on his wagon so is this him trying to get paco to vote for him?  I really doubt it. 

Then comes this:
Look, I had to be talked out of coming straight out fake claiming cop so I could force a counter claim and out the cop and maybe even get him mislynched to boot, so this was a disappointing exit.

Of course it's the ultimate WIFOM.  Here he is subtly implying that his partner is a vet.  Does he do that because he's not thinking clearly or because he's thinking very clearly, and if the latter then which way does it point?  I think it points a little to him having an experienced partner, but not really enough to make a case.  Still, this corroborates with my scum lean on pacovf, so it just adds slightly to that. 

So PPS claiming ash is his partner is total Wifom, but being talked out of claiming cop... ash seems like one of the only ones who would do that besides me. And I'm IC so that means it's likely ash is PPS's partner.

You don't seriously believe that, do you? You think I would openly out my partner in twilight?

This is what really takes the cake though.  This seems like a kind of panicked response, rather than furthering the WIFOM.  Like realizing he gave a clue and trying to make it look like he did it on purpose.  Still, this is not a case that would fly in court. 

And then he died.  So what I got from this reread is obviously a slight lean towards pacovf but also some interactions with SA that I need to reread SA to understand more.  I think I'll do pacovf next, but I need to take a little break.  (that's going in the out of context thread after the game, isn't it?)

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 06, 2016, 12:18:44 am »

I wanted to reread tonight, but my day didn't quite go as I hoped. I will do my best tomorrow, because I will be V/LA Saturday to Monday included...

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 06, 2016, 12:19:49 am »

When does the day end?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 06, 2016, 02:07:17 am »

Oh, sorry.

Vote Count 4.0

Not Voting (3): SpaceAnemone, pacovf, J Reggie

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch. Day 4 ends at October 11, 11:00 Forum Time.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #672 on: October 06, 2016, 09:42:23 am »

I wanted to reread tonight, but my day didn't quite go as I hoped. I will do my best tomorrow, because I will be V/LA Saturday to Monday included...

Yeah, I'm also going to be pretty much vla over the weekend. I'll try and finish my rereads today.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 06, 2016, 10:05:02 am »

Yeah, I'm also going to be pretty much vla over the weekend. I'll try and finish my rereads today.

I'm mostly afk this evening (i.e. from about 2pm forum time) till tomorrow morning (i.e. middle of the night forum time), but for the first time in months I have neither travel nor performance commitments nor houseguests over the weekend, so I can actually be here!

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 07, 2016, 12:21:49 am »

Ok seriously Real Life what the hell.

I wish I had more time, but right now it's just piling up, and I really hope it doesn't cost us the game.

Notes on SA:

Suuuuper Townie

defends Lalight all game long

Actually fairly devoid of content all D1...? Only one random vote for most of the day. Kind of actilurking.

Fluffy

Flimsy case on J Reggie.

vote RR over ash case. doubles down a bit on it.

Does vote PPS fairly early, but asks if they should unvote when noticing the L-1, then unvotes when PPS defends himself

Goes back to wanting to lynch J Reggie, doubles down

Starts D4 with a comment about nightkill (don't usually like this sort of arguments but still)

Also people have mentioned how PPS was avoiding talking about or to SA until very late.

...ok, I did NOT expect this at all, but when compared with J Reggie's fake hammer and instant willingness to lynch PPS over scumslip, and despite the OVERWHELMING
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29  All

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 20 queries.