Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 8: Time Loops (Game Over!)  (Read 75123 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 8: Time Loops (Day 1)
« Reply #450 on: September 26, 2016, 11:03:37 am »

That's L-1.

Pretty sure my vote was L-1 (which I called in bold). McGoogle hammered, IINM. Good thing he is IC.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 26, 2016, 12:33:41 pm »

Final Vote Count Day 1

pingpongsam (2): pacovf, LaLight
McGarnacle (1): Roadrunner7671
Roadrunner7671 (5): ashersky, J Reggie, SpaceAnemone, pingpongsam, McGarnacle

Not Voting (1): Zigaton

With 9 alive, it took 5 to lynch. Thread is locked.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 26, 2016, 12:36:20 pm »

His brow furrowed as the gears in his head began to turn behind it. What was the best way to murder a teacher? He was not particularly strong, physically speaking, nor particularly violent. He was, however, particularly ruthless, if he wanted to, and brave, if he said so himself, and was there, by chance, any way to get a hand on that knife which-

“Uhm.”

Slampp turned his head. He blinked.

Seriously?

Fluttershy’s figure winced behind the portal that had spontaneously opened beside Slampp's chair. “S-sorry. I can leave, if you want.”

“No, it’s fine.” Slampp sighed. “What do you want?”

“Well, I’m here to help.”

“With killing my teacher?”

“Oh.” Fluttershy shook her head apologetically. “No, I’m sorry. You have to figure that out on your own. Or, without my help, at least. I, um, wish you good luck for that, though.” She stocked. “I, just, if you want to find the other one, you should know that... p-parts are always moving. Yes. They’re not in order. Also a, a, a, g, n, m, m, and, uhm, r. Uhm, that second-last one wasn’t a letter. Yes.” A shade of pink crept onto her cheeks. “Th-that was it, I think. Good luck with, um, killing your teacher. It’s, uhm, really imporant. But what I said is, too. Okay, bye!”

The portal disappeared. A distant part of Slampp RZJ’s mind that was more attentive than the rest urged him to grab his sheet, where he had already written down those stupid equations, and write down the letters.

“A, a, a, g, n, m, m, r,” he murmured.

“What was that?” His neighbor looked up. Frowning, he threw a look at Slampp’s sheet, who briefly considered if he should... but his neighbor seemed to look at the equations rather than the letters.

“Those aren’t right, you know? The first line has thirteen on the right, not fourteen, and the second one three, not two.”

With a slowly rising sense of discomfort, Slampp ZJ looked from the board onto his sheet. It was true, and yet he was almost certain that he had transcribed it correctly.

Something was wrong...

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 26, 2016, 12:38:35 pm »

Roadrunner has been lynched. He was a Vanilla Townie, and the link to Fluttershy (who is still alive!).

Night 1 starts now and ends at September 27, 13:00 Forum Time.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 8: Time Loops (Night 1)
« Reply #454 on: September 27, 2016, 01:18:54 pm »

The walls of the school were too solid to hide objects in them, least in such a way that they wouldn't just be stuck there forever. The classroom was visited all the time, no place would go undetected for years. Slampp didn't know who the teacher's parents were, and he wasn't even sure if preventing her existence in the first place would be sufficient.

But the answer just had to involve further time travel, right?

A tap at his arm called his attention to the note his neighbor seemed to be trying to pass. Curiously, he picked it up, unfolding it under his desk.

Howdy. The thing yer lookin' for's mighty big, s' got almost half of Pinks in it, and s' plain annoyin', generally speakin'. I ain't really into this whole portal thingy, so I thought I'll write ya instead (Twilight told me ya know how to read). Sure hope yer got some fine thinkin' behind that tiny head o' yours.

Happy Huntin'

Another tap came with a second letter.

Hey,

This is from me. I only pretend not to know what's going on. If you need help, tell me, but keep quiet.

Frowning, Slampp tore a piece of paper from his sheet while grabbing a pen from his case.

Who writes out his own accent??

Okay, you have any ideas?

This certainly hadn't made things easier. The riddle from Fluttershy had been fairly simple, but he didn't really have any clue as for this one...

A sinking feeling in his stomach made him flinch. Biting his lip, he wrote down something else, trying to do it as fast as he could and without thinking.

Slampp J

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 27, 2016, 01:21:16 pm »

Zigaton has died in the night. He was the Vanilla Cop and link to Applejack.

Day 2 starts!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 27, 2016, 01:24:02 pm »

Vote Count 2.0

Not Voting (7): pacovf, LaLight, ashersky, J Reggie, SpaceAnemone, pingpongsam, McGarnacle

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Day 2 ends at October 06, 13:00 Forum Time.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 8: Time Loops (Day 2)
« Reply #457 on: September 27, 2016, 01:48:38 pm »

Impressed that scum took the chance on Ziggy's soft-claim rather than kill McBarnacle. Considering Ziggy's parlance I would not have relied on that so heavily; although I can see how getting the cop out of the picture was pretty important. I suppose his soft claim seemed harder to scum because they presumably knew the full setup? I mean otherwise, he looked like the easiest D2 mislynch ever.

Ashersky fished Ziggy on his soft-claim. JR called it out for what it was. Looking at which I find scummier I have to choose Ashersky. He knows what he is doing and has been putting out these obvious ploys to appear town all along and then slides this gem in when he smells a PR. I think JR's response to it is in line with my own sorts of reactions to these silly ploys yesterday.

I was totally wrong about RR/LaLight. I reread LaLight again post-flip and I have a hard time seeing the guy as scum with that piece of knowledge in mind. Also, feel strong town about Paco going into today.

POE means the ashersky/JR interaction around the soft-claim could have been a coordinated scum push pull tactic. I think  this becomes more reasonable if the order of who did what was reversed but I still find it quite plausible.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 27, 2016, 01:51:08 pm »

vote: Ashersky
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 27, 2016, 01:52:42 pm »

Damn :-( The least experienced possible pair of scums left would be LaLight and J Reggie, but I feel like it's even worse, since LL is so townie.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 27, 2016, 01:56:25 pm »

Reread SA and feel good about them being town. I know they started the wagon on McGabber but got off immediately post-claim; and also ended up on RR but, hey look, Ashersky/JR got that one rolling.
I don't understand how it happened. But why do you lynching RR?

Not saying anything is a really good way for scum to hide. Also, Ash pointed out that one of the relatively few posts RR was scummy a while back (post #290). Now he's asserting he's the scummiest person out there, presumably because he's been so lurky here, and yet usually if he's town he's more obviously helpful (he's been in the other games I've played too).

Getting a bit meta, Ash really doesn't seem to say much of anything at all here -- he's mostly acting and voting without a lot of commentary, unlike the other two oldies -- but the other two seem to respect him and not read that as suspicious, which gives me a bit more confidence in what he's saying. That's one reason I don't want to lose the super-experienced players too quickly, because second-hand meta-reading seems to be something we might be able to pull off to help us :-)

Vote: RR

This looks perplexing to me, though. Seems the vote should have been on ashersky unless you're saying you sheeped ashersky hoping he was town? Can you elucidate your position on the RR wagon?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 27, 2016, 02:04:58 pm »

That whole day ended without me having a chance to get on.  Didn't access the forums all day.  Was happy with the lynch, sad we were wrong.

RR's been having a rough go of it.

Doesn't change much for my reads.  Still like PPS for scum.  Probably partners with J Reggie?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 27, 2016, 02:05:10 pm »

If I'm anyone but me and PPS, I think it's me and PPS, btw.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 27, 2016, 02:05:46 pm »

Impressed that scum took the chance on Ziggy's soft-claim rather than kill McBarnacle. Considering Ziggy's parlance I would not have relied on that so heavily; although I can see how getting the cop out of the picture was pretty important. I suppose his soft claim seemed harder to scum because they presumably knew the full setup? I mean otherwise, he looked like the easiest D2 mislynch ever.

Ashersky fished Ziggy on his soft-claim. JR called it out for what it was. Looking at which I find scummier I have to choose Ashersky. He knows what he is doing and has been putting out these obvious ploys to appear town all along and then slides this gem in when he smells a PR. I think JR's response to it is in line with my own sorts of reactions to these silly ploys yesterday.

I was totally wrong about RR/LaLight. I reread LaLight again post-flip and I have a hard time seeing the guy as scum with that piece of knowledge in mind. Also, feel strong town about Paco going into today.

POE means the ashersky/JR interaction around the soft-claim could have been a coordinated scum push pull tactic. I think  this becomes more reasonable if the order of who did what was reversed but I still find it quite plausible.

Where was Ziggy's softclaim?  I have no recollection of that occurring whatsoever.

I thought McGarg claimed something?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 27, 2016, 02:06:28 pm »

For now, town on SA/McGarg.

Scum on PPS/Pacovf.

Scratch that last post with J Reggie.  Need to re-read that one.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #465 on: September 27, 2016, 02:08:11 pm »

If I'm anyone but me and PPS, I think it's me and PPS, btw.

Also if it's you and PPS, you will think it's you and PPS but not admit it. vote: ash

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 27, 2016, 02:08:51 pm »

This looks perplexing to me, though. Seems the vote should have been on ashersky unless you're saying you sheeped ashersky hoping he was town? Can you elucidate your position on the RR wagon?

Huh, sheeping and hoping sounds like less effort than what I put into it, but I guess that's what it boils down to :-( I trusted Ash to have his vote in a good place, because I concluded there was a good chance he was town based on the fact that neither you nor PPS seemed suspicious of him. I read through the day up till that point, made a list of interactions between the three oldies, and tried to use that to work out who was trustworthy. The most obvious conclusion of that whole thing was that Ash didn't say a lot, but that people seemed to trust him.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 27, 2016, 02:11:17 pm »

... and now several people seem not to trust him all of a sudden! Argh.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 27, 2016, 02:12:43 pm »

When did I become a scum read for you, ashersky? You counted me town all yesterday except when I didn't play along with your parlor games. Now that I'm onto you your story changes?

You flat out fished Zigaton and J Reggie immediately called it out for what it was:

Very mild scum on PPS. My evidence is mostly process of elimination
is that allowed? I thought at first it is necessary to prove, and then kill

@Zigaton, what do you think of LaLight?
he may well be the Mafia. While he did not himself compromised, in addition, it can easily divert suspicion from himself. More precisely I can only say in D-2

Why D2 specifically?

Sounds like he's soft claiming, so let's not prod any further.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #469 on: September 27, 2016, 02:19:44 pm »

Yeah, I really should have just voted ash there instead of calling it out.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 27, 2016, 02:24:26 pm »

Still want to see if McGladiator got results before I place a vote. If I understand his role correctly his target lights up if they did some targeting or were targeted themselves. Here's hoping he targeted ashersky. I would also hope if Ziggy targeted ash it would still light up? Silver, will the Motion Detector still detect on the target or actions of the Cop who got NK'd?

Of course, the setup is now known to have a Scum RB and it makes good sense to have killed Ziggy and blocked the other known PR.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 27, 2016, 02:26:48 pm »

Still want to see if McGladiator got results before I place a vote. If I understand his role correctly his target lights up if they did some targeting or were targeted themselves. Here's hoping he targeted ashersky. I would also hope if Ziggy targeted ash it would still light up? Silver, will the Motion Detector still detect on the target or actions of the Cop who got NK'd?

Of course, the setup is now known to have a Scum RB and it makes good sense to have killed Ziggy and blocked the other known PR.

Scumslip detected. Vote: PPS
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #472 on: September 27, 2016, 02:30:31 pm »

Scumslip detected. Vote: PPS

Good catch! vote: PPS.   

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 8: Time Loops
« Reply #473 on: September 27, 2016, 02:33:44 pm »

How so?
Example:
If 12 is randomized, the roles at 11 (Motion Detector), 12 (Roleblocker), and 1 (Weak Visitor) are being chosen.

There was no Weak Visitor so POE brings us to Motion Detector, Cop, RB.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 27, 2016, 02:34:18 pm »

Are you guys just trolling me or am I that bad at reading a setup?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.