Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: My Favorite Engine  (Read 4150 times)

NolanA

• Salvager
  • Respect: +53
    • View Profile
My Favorite Engine
« on: September 01, 2016, 12:47:10 am »
+5

The engine I most enjoy playing is a Festival-Library-Chapel type engine.   The game below is the first opportunity I've had to enhance it with an Outpost (I've only played ~30 Seaside games against human opponents).  There was also a Witch, Throne Room, and Cellar in the kingdom.  It was one of the most enjoyable games I've had in a while.  I'm still hoping for the game when I get to purchase 2 Provinces on my main turn, followed by 2 Provinces in the Outpost turn.  In this game I came close, with 3 Province + 1 Dutchy on the final turn.

Code: [Select]
Cellar, Chapel, Bureaucrat, Throne Room, Festival, Laboratory, Library, Outpost, Treasury, Witch
http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160901/log.0.1472702957190.txt

While I did win, I believe I made several mistakes, which I've listed below.

1. I believe I should have bought the Outpost earlier. I'm thinking a buy order for the +5 cost cards of Festival, Witch, Festival, Outpost, Library, Festival, Festival, Library, ... 

2.  I could have been more aggressive with the early Chapel trashing on turn 3.

3.  On turn 12, I played Festival, Chapel, Library, so Library was terminal.  It probably would have been better to play Festival, Library..., even though I'd be drawing 2 fewer cards with the Library.  Some of the other later hands may have had similar issues.  Perhaps I should have given trashing the curse(s) remaining later on in the deck a higher priority than drawing an extra Library card when the engine was often drawing the full deck by saving the Chapel for when my hand size was larger.

4.  On turn 17, I drew Silver, Cellar, Throne Room, Library.  I discarded everything with hope of kicking off the engine with a Festival + Library.  I already a had a Library in hand, so it was silly to discard it.  I ended up wasting the turn.  I suppose had I kept the Library, and played it, I still would have drawn nothing useful and wasted the turn (nothing playable could be drawn by Library, and only treasure was 1 sliver in deck),  but at least I had a better chance of kicking off the engine.

5.  Throne Rooms could have been bought and played more effectively. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 02:29:10 pm by NolanA »

Dunduks

• Bishop
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
Re: My Favorite Engine
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 03:00:40 am »
+1

About 4. - Throne Room+Cellar=Village and less hand size -> more cards to draw with Library.

NolanA

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 03:24:39 am »

About 4. - Throne Room+Cellar=Village and less hand size -> more cards to draw with Library.
That's a great point. Throne Rooming the Cellar was a much better option.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 03:31:49 am by NolanA »

Rabid

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Rabid
  • Respect: +643
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 08:39:56 am »
+3

Turn 3 or 4 Chapel + other opening buy drawn together.
It is nearly always best to trash 3 cards.

1. I believe I should have bought the Outpost earlier. I'm thinking a buy order for the +5 cost cards of Festival, Witch, Festival, Outpost, Library, Festival, Festival, Library, ... 

This will be draw dependant, but I think you often want Witch as the first $5.
Twitch
1 Day Cup #1:Ednever

NolanA

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 02:12:14 pm »

I agree with you about trashing 3 Coppers instead of 2, in turn 3's Chapel/Silver/Copper/Copper/Copper draw (I did not draw Chapel again until turn 7).  Whether Witch first was superior was not as obvious to me, so  I ran some simulations of both strategy options with a 4/3 start and compared results.  There was extremely little difference in win rate between the Festival first and Witch first strategies.  With both players going for this type of engine, always buying Festival first beat always buying Witch first 50% to 49%.  However, when only going for the Witch first strategy on certain draws, then Witch first has a slight edge.  The best result I had was going for Witch first with a threshold of 3+ Silvers in deck, which gave 49.9% win rate for Witch first on threshold vs 49.4% for always Festival first. I also checked when playing against an opponent doing a generic Witch non-engine strategy, which had similar results.  Festival first and Witch first with 3+ Silver threshold both had 84% win rate, while Witch first without threshold had a 83% win rate. 

« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 07:40:56 pm by NolanA »

theJester

• Bishop
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 03:35:59 am »
+1

I agree with you about trashing 3 Coppers instead of 2, in turn 3's Chapel/Silver/Copper/Copper/Copper draw (I did not draw Chapel again until turn 7).  Whether Witch first was superior was not as obvious to me, so  I ran some simulations of both strategy options with a 4/3 start and compared results.  There was extremely little difference in win rate between the Festival first and Witch first strategies.  With both players going for this type of engine, always buying Festival first beat always buying Witch first 50% to 49%.  However, when only going for the Witch first strategy on certain draws, then Witch first has a slight edge.  The best result I had was going for Witch first with a threshold of 3+ Silvers in deck, which gave 49.9% win rate for Witch first on threshold vs 49.4% for always Festival first. I also checked when playing against an opponent doing a generic Witch non-engine strategy, which had similar results.  Festival first and Witch first with 3+ Silver threshold both had 84% win rate, while Witch first without threshold had a 83% win rate. 

Simulations can be useful for simple BM/Slog and maybe 2-card combos, but the fact is that they don't play engines very well. Not nearly well enough to trust their judgement about which card to buy first in an engine which needs 5+ cards overall.

My gut feeling agrees with Rabid's. You usually want Witch as your first $5 - as it's important to start screwing up with your opponent's deck ASAP.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 03:51:24 am »

I would have bought Throne Room on turn 5. You don't have useful actions to Throne yet, but note that you just triggered a shuffle, so you have a decent chance to pick up a $5 action in time for next shuffle. This could go poorly, I'm not sure this is correct.

I can see Festival being the correct first $5 in some cases. If you open Chapel/Silver and optimistically buy Throne Room on an early $4, you may need the Festival to have economy after trashing down.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 12:35:30 pm »

If your opponent gets a good trashing already I would get festival because your opponent is well on his way to controlling his deck. If not witch is probably the best move.

NolanA

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 05:30:27 pm »

Simulations can be useful for simple BM/Slog and maybe 2-card combos, but the fact is that they don't play engines very well. Not nearly well enough to trust their judgement about which card to buy first in an engine which needs 5+ cards overall.

There isn't anything inherently bad about simulating engines.  Simulations can work quite well and with many engines and can be quite helpful for deciding between various engine alternatives or optimizations.  The issue with engine simulation problems is usually more on the side of the user not programming the simulator well enough to encapsulate all of the relevant decisions, which can be numerous in some types of engines.  If whether you buy a certain card depends on your deck/hand and/or your opponent's deck, then you need to explicitly state each condition.  For example, nearly any time you are using aggressive Chapel trashing with Geronmioo's sim, it is also important to specify under what conditions you will buy Silver.  In my earlier sim, I had 3 conditions for buying Silver, which are listed below.  If you instead just list  buy Silver as lowest priority without any conditions, then the engine sim is not going to work as well.

1. The Silver/Chapel open
2. If the total $ in deck is < 5
3. If the total $ in deck is <10 and no Festival (or Witch) had been purchased

I phrased my earlier comment as "usually more on the side of the user..." because there is a key limitation in Geromimoo's sim where a very small portion of cards have default strategies programmed in that cannot be modified and are not optimal.   For the engine discussed in this thread, the  key limitation is the Throne Room strategy.  The hard coded Throne Room strategy is to play Festival before Throne Room when there are multiple actions, and choose what card to Throne Room based on the default discard priority, which does not consider things like it usually shouldn't be a priority to Throne Room a Chapel, Library, or Outpost; even though there are other cards with lower discard priority.  Geronimoo recently put an open source version of his sim online, which I modified to address the above Throne Room issue.   However, to keep things more simple, I did not include Throne Room in my earlier first buy Festival vs Witch sim.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 08:05:19 pm by NolanA »

NolanA

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 05:51:02 pm »

My gut feeling agrees with Rabid's. You usually want Witch as your first $5 - as it's important to start screwing up with your opponent's deck ASAP.
I can see Festival being the correct first $5 in some cases. If you open Chapel/Silver and optimistically buy Throne Room on an early $4, you may need the Festival to have economy after trashing down.
If your opponent gets a good trashing already I would get festival because your opponent is well on his way to controlling his deck. If not witch is probably the best move.

Those are some good thoughts on the Festival vs Witch first issue.  I tried some sims with a buy Witch/Festival first decision based on the opponent's trashing success.  Like the other cases, the win rate was extremely similar with both options.  My thoughts are if you don't have 3 Silvers in your deck, buying the Festival first gives you the ability to Chapel aggressively without having issues with the total $ in deck getting too low to buy another $5 card.  It also allows you to play both cards, if you draw Festival + Chapel, sometimes trashing and buying something useful on the same turn; rather than having to choose between either attack or trash, with a Witch + Chapel draw.  This Witch + Chapel draw would be a common scenario given the low number of cards in the deck, with the trashing.  And in the cases where you aren't as successful with trashing and have more $ in your deck, then getting the extra buy early and being able to buy 2 cards faster can be useful.   So even though attacking with curses earlier is quite valuable,  the decision between Festival first or Witch first is not obvious to me, and the sim results of being a close call and slightly favoring Festival first until crossing the 3 Silver threshold (so can trash all remaining coppers without a Festival in deck and still buy $5 cards with what remains) seems reasonable to me.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 08:04:26 pm by NolanA »

NolanA

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2016, 06:45:33 pm »

I would have bought Throne Room on turn 5. You don't have useful actions to Throne yet, but note that you just triggered a shuffle, so you have a decent chance to pick up a $5 action in time for next shuffle. This could go poorly, I'm not sure this is correct.

I tend to buy Throne Rooms later and less often than I probably should.   Buying a Throne Room here sounds reasonable to me.  I probably had too much treasure in my deck at this point to  benefit from another Silver.  This is another case that I'd want to simulate to compare how different alternatives work out.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 06:55:25 pm by NolanA »

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2016, 05:44:35 am »
+1

There isn't anything inherently bad about simulating engines.  Simulations can work quite well and with many engines and can be quite helpful for deciding between various engine alternatives or optimizations.  The issue with engine simulation problems is usually more on the side of the user not programming the simulator well enough to encapsulate all of the relevant decisions, which can be numerous in some types of engines.  If whether you buy a certain card depends on your deck/hand and/or your opponent's deck, then you need to explicitly state each condition.  For example, nearly any time you are using aggressive Chapel trashing with Geronmioo's sim, it is also important to specify under what conditions you will buy Silver.  In my earlier sim, I had 3 conditions for buying Silver, which are listed below.  If you instead just list  buy Silver as lowest priority without any conditions, then the engine sim is not going to work as well.

1. The Silver/Chapel open
2. If the total $ in deck is < 5
3. If the total $ in deck is <10 and no Festival (or Witch) had been purchased

I phrased my earlier comment as "usually more on the side of the user..." because there is a key limitation in Geromimoo's sim where a very small portion of cards have default strategies programmed in that cannot be modified and are not optimal.   For the engine discussed in this thread, the  key limitation is the Throne Room strategy.  The hard coded Throne Room strategy is to play Festival before Throne Room when there are multiple actions, and choose what card to Throne Room based on the default discard priority, which does not consider things like it usually shouldn't be a priority to Throne Room a Chapel, Library, or Outpost; even though there are other cards with lower discard priority.  Geronimoo recently put an open source version of his sim online, which I modified to address the above Throne Room issue.   However, to keep things more simple, I did not include Throne Room in my earlier first buy Festival vs Witch sim.

The problem with engines is that you have to determine an order in which to play your actions, and that is always going to be highly nontrivial, and I don't think any simulator can do this very well so far. There are things like Militia before Masquerade, even though you usually want to play draw cards first. In your example, apart from Throne Room, it's also unclear which of Witch/Library to play first. Sometimes one will be better and sometimes the other, depending on game state and deck composition. Cellar is another card that needs nontrivial decisions, and if you need to fish for a Village, you'll discard more than you normally would. Another one is Chapel vs Library - which to play first? Again depends on the game state. That is 3-4 issues right here, and it's the same for most engines.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

NolanA

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2016, 02:56:02 pm »

That is a good point about play priority decisions.  The Dominiate simulator does allow you to modify the default play priority for a particular sim, so you can explicitly state what order to play cards in that particular sim... priorities that may vary based on the current deck/draw/hand/supply/opponent conditions, as you described.  You can also specify explicit rules for the Throne Room, discard, and trash priorities, among other things.  However, I expect the vast majority of users don't do this and instead use the default priority order, which often does vary with current game state, but in more simple ways.   Geronimoo's is more limited in this respect.  Some key cards do have multiple strategy options to choose from that influence their play priority, and play priority can change automatically depending on current game state.  However, you can't make an explicit list of all play priority conditions through the GUI.  You could through the codebase (which is open source), but hardly anyone does this. 

Looking through the game logs of some sims of this case when using default play priorities from Geronmioo's sim (did not include Throne Room or Cellar for simiplcity), there are a few decisions I'd consider to be non-optimal, but they generally occurred late game and were minor, often minor enough to have no impact on results.  For example, the first game log I looked at is below, which I think is representative of a typical sim.  I played against Big Money to keep things more simple to read.  In this game, the first apparent mistake I see is on turn 11, when he could have played the Outpost before the Library, so he'd draw an extra card with Library.   However,  when you consider that he would draw the remainder of the deck on the Library without playing the Outpost first, then it seems that the apparent error is not meaningful.  Turn 12 and 14 have a similar issue.  Playing Witch before Library appears to be a possible issue and/or relevant decision point, but he was near the end of the small deck and going to draw the full deck again with either play, so again it didn't make a difference.   I don't see any play issues that influence the result of a particular turn.  I realize that this is an artificially simple case with Throne Room and Cellar removed,  having an opponent who isn't attacking changes things, and there are other draws that could have happened with more meaningful play order decisions.  The point I am trying to make is that while some play decisions are not ideal with sims, I think they are generally close enough to be helpful, especially if the alternative is relying on a gut feeling.   You do need to consider the accuracy of a sim and whether the results make sense, particularly when there are a lot of play rules or you are using cards that are more prone to sim play issues, like Throne Room; but in my opinion, the combination of sim and logical thought about a particular kingdom is almost always better than either alone.

Code: [Select]
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) wins this game!!

Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2) has 17 points and took 14 turns
   30 cards : [7 Copper, 7 Silver, 2 Gold, 3 Estate (3▼), 1 Duchy (3▼), 3 Province (18▼), 7 Curse (-7▼)]

Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) has 38 points and took 15 turns
   23 cards : [2 Silver, 2 Estate (2▼), 2 Duchy (6▼), 5 Province (30▼), 1 Chapel, 7 Festival, 2 Library, 1 Outpost, 1 Witch]

the Trashed Cards : [Estate, Copper, Copper, Estate, Copper, Copper, Copper, Estate, Copper, Copper]
the Empty Piles : [Province]

Game Log

*** Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s turn 1 ***
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Estate, Estate, Copper, Copper, Copper]
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) plays 3 Coppers
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) has $3 to spend and 1 buy
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) buys a Chapel
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) draws 5 cards
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Copper, Copper, Copper, Copper, Estate]

*** Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s turn 1 ***
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Copper, Estate, Copper, Copper, Copper]
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2) plays 4 Coppers
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2) has $4 to spend and 1 buy
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2) buys a Silver
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2) draws 5 cards
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Copper, Estate, Copper, Copper, Estate]

*** Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s turn 2 ***
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Copper, Copper, Copper, Copper, Estate]
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) plays 4 Coppers
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) has $4 to spend and 1 buy
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) buys a Silver
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) shuffles deck
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Estate, Silver, Copper, Copper, Chapel]

*** Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s turn 2 ***
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Copper, Estate, Copper, Copper, Estate]
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2) plays 3 Coppers
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2) has $3 to spend and 1 buy
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2) shuffles deck
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Copper, Copper, Copper, Copper, Copper]

*** Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s turn 3 ***
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Estate, Silver, Copper, Copper, Chapel]
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) plays Chapel
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) trashes a Estate
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) trashes a Copper
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) plays 1 Silver
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) has $2 to spend and 1 buy
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) buys NOTHING!
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Copper, Estate, Copper, Copper, Copper]

*** Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s turn 3 ***
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Copper, Copper, Copper, Copper, Copper]
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2) plays 5 Coppers
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2) has $5 to spend and 1 buy
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Estate, Estate, Estate, Copper, Copper]

*** Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s turn 4 ***
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Copper, Estate, Copper, Copper, Copper]
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) plays 4 Coppers
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) has $4 to spend and 1 buy
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) buys a Silver
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Estate, Copper, Copper, Silver, Copper]

*** Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s turn 4 ***
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Estate, Estate, Estate, Copper, Copper]
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2) plays 2 Coppers
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2) has $2 to spend and 1 buy
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2) buys NOTHING!
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Silver, Silver, Silver, Copper, Copper]

*** Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s turn 5 ***
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Estate, Copper, Copper, Silver, Copper]
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) plays 3 Coppers
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) has $5 to spend and 1 buy
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) buys a Festival
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Chapel, Copper, Silver, Copper, Estate]

*** Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s turn 5 ***
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Silver, Silver, Silver, Copper, Copper]
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2) plays 3 Silvers
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2) has $8 to spend and 1 buy
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2) buys a Gold
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Estate, Copper, Copper, Estate, Copper]

*** Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s turn 6 ***
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Chapel, Copper, Silver, Copper, Estate]
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) has $2 to spend and 1 buy
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Copper, Copper, Silver, Chapel, Silver]

*** Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s turn 6 ***
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Estate, Copper, Copper, Estate, Copper]
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Estate, Copper, Copper, Estate, Silver]

*** Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s turn 7 ***
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Copper, Copper, Silver, Chapel, Silver]
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) plays 1 Copper
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) plays 2 Silvers
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) has $5 to spend and 1 buy
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) buys a Witch
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Copper, Estate, Festival, Silver, Copper]

*** Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s turn 7 ***
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Estate, Copper, Copper, Estate, Silver]
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2) plays 1 Silver
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2) has $4 to spend and 1 buy
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Copper, Silver, Silver, Gold, Estate]

*** Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s turn 8 ***
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Copper, Estate, Festival, Silver, Copper]
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) plays Festival
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) gets +2 actions
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) gets +$2
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) gets +1 buys
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) plays 2 Coppers
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) has $6 to spend and 2 buys
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Witch, Chapel, Silver, Estate, Festival]

*** Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s turn 8 ***
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Copper, Silver, Silver, Gold, Estate]
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2) plays 1 Copper
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2) plays 2 Silvers
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2) plays 1 Gold
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2) buys a Province
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Copper, Copper, Copper, Silver, Copper]

*** Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s turn 9 ***
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Witch, Chapel, Silver, Estate, Festival]
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) plays Witch
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) draws 2 cards
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Chapel, Silver, Estate, Festival, Copper]
... Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2) gains a Curse
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) has $6 to spend and 3 buys
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) buys a Outpost
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Silver, Copper, Outpost, Festival, Chapel]

*** Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s turn 9 ***
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Copper, Copper, Copper, Silver, Copper]
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2) plays 4 Coppers
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2) has $6 to spend and 1 buy
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2) buys a Gold
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Copper, Copper, Copper, Estate, Silver]

*** Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s turn 10 ***
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Silver, Copper, Outpost, Festival, Chapel]
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) plays Outpost
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) plays 1 Copper
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) has $5 to spend and 2 buys
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) buys a Library
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) draws 3 cards
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Festival, Silver, Witch]

*** Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s turn 10 (from Outpost) ***
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Festival, Silver, Witch]
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) resolves duration effect from Outpost
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) shuffles deck
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Silver, Chapel, Silver]
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Library, Festival, Copper, Outpost, Festival]

*** Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s turn 10 ***
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Copper, Copper, Copper, Estate, Silver]
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Silver, Silver, Curse, Gold, Copper]

*** Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s turn 11 ***
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Library, Festival, Copper, Outpost, Festival]
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) plays Library
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) reveals [Silver]
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) adds the Silver to his hand
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) reveals [Festival]
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) adds the Festival to his hand
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) adds the Silver to his hand
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) reveals [Witch]
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) adds the Witch to his hand
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) reveals [Chapel]
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) adds the Chapel to his hand
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Copper, Outpost, Silver, Festival, Silver, Witch, Chapel]
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) draws 0 cards
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Copper, Outpost, Silver, Silver, Chapel]
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) has $10 to spend and 4 buys
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) buys a Library
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Festival, Witch, Festival]

*** Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s turn 11 (from Outpost) ***
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Festival, Witch, Festival]
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) resolves duration effect from Outpost
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Chapel, Silver]
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Silver, Library, Festival, Library, Festival]

*** Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s turn 11 ***
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Silver, Silver, Curse, Gold, Copper]
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Silver, Estate, Province, Copper, Estate]

*** Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s turn 12 ***
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Silver, Library, Festival, Library, Festival]
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) adds the Festival to his hand
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) adds the Chapel to his hand
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) reveals [Outpost]
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) adds the Outpost to his hand
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) reveals [Witch]
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) adds the Witch to his hand
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Silver, Library, Festival, Chapel, Outpost, Festival, Witch]
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Silver, Library, Chapel, Outpost, Silver, Festival]
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Silver, Silver]
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) has $14 to spend and 6 buys
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) buys a Province
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Silver, Festival, Silver]

*** Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s turn 12 (from Outpost) ***
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Silver, Festival, Silver]
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Festival, Festival, Chapel, Festival, Festival]

*** Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s turn 12 ***
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Silver, Estate, Province, Copper, Estate]
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Copper, Silver, Copper, Gold, Copper]

*** Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s turn 13 ***
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Festival, Festival, Chapel, Festival, Festival]
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) has $8 to spend and 5 buys
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Festival, Province, Library, Witch, Library]

*** Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s turn 13 ***
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Copper, Silver, Copper, Gold, Copper]
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Province, Silver, Curse, Silver, Copper]

*** Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s turn 14 ***
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Festival, Province, Library, Witch, Library]
... ... and puts it aside
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) discards Outpost
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Province, Witch, Library, Silver, Festival, Festival, Festival]
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Province, Library, Silver, Silver, Chapel]
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) reveals [Province]
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) adds the Province to his hand
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Silver, Silver, Province, Festival, Province, Festival, Festival]
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) has $18 to spend and 8 buys
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) buys a Estate
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Province, Festival, Estate, Festival, Library]

*** Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s turn 14 ***
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Province, Silver, Curse, Silver, Copper]
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2) buys a Duchy
   Big Money Ultimate(Plr 2)'s cards in Hand: [Silver, Copper, Copper, Curse, Curse]

*** Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s turn 15 ***
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Province, Festival, Estate, Festival, Library]
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) adds the Province to his hand
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) adds the Outpost to his hand
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Province, Estate, Silver, Province, Province, Outpost, Province]
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) buys a Duchy
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Witch, Festival, Festival]

*** Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s turn 15 (from Outpost) ***
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Witch, Festival, Festival]
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Library, Festival]
... Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Festival, Festival, Chapel, Silver, Festival, Festival, Province]
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) has $16 to spend and 8 buys
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) buys a Duchy
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1) buys a Estate
Witch+/Chapel + Festival + Library + Outpost(Plr 1)'s cards in Hand: [Silver, Province, Province, Duchy, Estate]

!!!!!!!Game ends!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 05:19:16 pm by NolanA »

Jasoba

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2016, 04:39:51 pm »

Another tip: Consider buying at least 1 treasury in the mid game. It ensures 100% throne room plays especially for your outpost. Basically if you reach your first 13% buy 2x throne room + 1 treasury any you have your 16$ ready!"
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.304 seconds with 21 queries.