Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Dominion Tier List: 2016  (Read 11463 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
Dominion Tier List: 2016
« on: August 31, 2016, 08:56:09 pm »
+4

Welcome to the Dominion Tier List for 2016! Simply vote on a scale of 0-10 for each card given. You will systematically rate all of the Dominion Cards in this way. All of the ratings given to each individual card will help process where the card will land on the final Tier List.

How will the cards be processed? All of the card's ratings by every user will be averaged to find out the aggregate ranking of the card. Then, the cards will be grouped into Tier lists. It is important to remember that cards that come before or after one another in a specific tier (for example, tier A) are not by definition better or worse than another card, but similar in overall strength. (For example, Mountebank might be on the list of A tier cards before Chapel, but it does not mean Mountebank is better)

There is one rating bar from 0 to 10 per card. Things that should factor into the rating are the cost of the card, overall strength, and how often it is used in a given Kingdom.

An example: Scout will almost never get bought for its overall strength. In addition, Scout will almost never be used in general. However, Scout only costs $4.

Another example: Expand is a card that costs $7 and is very strong, but is not always picked up in a given Kingdom.

Use your discretion when ranking cards. Do not just rate cards 10 or 0 without them having deserved it. Try to moderate your views on a card in order to give it the fairest overall rating possible.

Thank you for voting! Please be patient while each survey comes up! I won't be able to do them all in a day (and neither will you, you busy folk), so I decided to separate them by Expansions. There will also be separate ranking systems for Events, Landmarks and Ruins, as well as different criteria for voting in those phases. Just read the directions on those to be certain.

Many thanks to Deadlock39 for providing the images in this tier list survey! Also, many thanks to Aleimon Thimble for assisting me in processing all of the information. I couldn't have done it without you. Well, I could have. But it would have taken forever and a day.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 10:28:16 pm by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Tier List: 2016
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 08:56:27 pm »

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 09:26:37 pm by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 09:15:35 pm »

Dominion Base added. Submit your rankings!

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 09:27:27 pm »

update added: You are now required to give a username. Those who didn't submit one before won't be required to submit one or anything lame. My mistake.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 09:33:22 pm »
+1

Cool. 'Dominion Base' means the base cards, right? So I can rank them now and rank Intrigue later? Then Seaside later, then etc?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 09:39:36 pm »

Many thanks to Deadlock39 for providing the images in this tier list survey!

i.e. told you about my scans
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1757
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 09:46:35 pm »
+2

Credit to the wiki and all of wero's hard work for sure... I resized them all and have them hosted for my randomizer. That is what he is crediting here.  It was a tiny amount of work with batch editing in GIMP compared to the time I am sure you spent scanning.

(It is difficult to get to the scaled down images on the wiki, which was the reason I did this in the first place.)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 10:28:00 pm »

Cool. 'Dominion Base' means the base cards, right? So I can rank them now and rank Intrigue later? Then Seaside later, then etc?

Yes. But the rankings will continue a long time later on. Right now, Qvist has his rankings going to happen very shortly.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 10:31:21 pm »

Yes. But the rankings will continue a long time later on. Right now, Qvist has his rankings going to happen very shortly.
Didn't we already do the 2016 ones?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 10:31:54 pm »

...we did? I thought those were coming up shortly.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 10:32:13 pm »

It feels like we ranked cards recently...

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 10:32:49 pm »
+1

We didn't.

At any rate, this was the thread nobody wanted.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 10:33:44 pm »
+1

We didn't.

I like to rate stuff. I like this thread

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 10:37:49 pm »
+5

We didn't.

what do you rate it

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 10:42:37 pm »

We didn't.

what do you rate it
Probably a seven, right next to Council Room and Festival.

I would rate it higher but voting on scales of 1-10 are sort of bad. You have overly critical people and people who think all cards are great because Dominion is great and they never rate anything below a five.

traces Around

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: tracer
  • Respect: +437
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 10:56:00 pm »
+2

I would rate it higher but voting on scales of 1-10 are sort of bad. You have overly critical people and people who think all cards are great because Dominion is great and they never rate anything below a five.

For anybody who feels a need to respond to this, the discussion has already been had. It does not need to take place again. Please overcome your need and let this thread sit until the appropriate time.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2016, 11:00:08 pm »
+1

I voted. Let's see how this plays out!

Will rankings be revealed after each expansion? I wonder if that influences how cards will be ranked in the future (and not necessarily for the worse) - if people will benchmark future cards against the Base Set averages, maybe? That might not be a bad thing.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2016, 11:03:15 pm »
+1

I will say figuring out where to rank the cards is hard. I feel a 0-10 scale is rather huge. Anyway, I only feel good giving Chapel 10 and Thief and Adventurer 0. Everything else, I'm not sure about my rankings.

trivialknot

• Jester
  • Respect: +1171
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2016, 11:26:59 pm »

I like that I'm not required to have an MF account to vote.  And although I prefer the complete ordering from a math perspective, the 0-10 score seems simpler from a rater's perspective.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2016, 11:30:30 pm »
+6

I will say figuring out where to rank the cards is hard. I feel a 0-10 scale is rather huge. Anyway, I only feel good giving Chapel 10 and Thief and Adventurer 0. Everything else, I'm not sure about my rankings.

I propose a new ranking system with only 3 options: 0, 10 and "Depends on the board".

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2016, 12:21:40 am »

I propose a new ranking system with only 3 options: 0, 10 and "Depends on the board".

Well, these are tiers, right?  So the tiers should have names.  I propose four tiers: Chapel (good), Village (utilitarian), Adventurer (bad), and Scout.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2016, 12:25:36 am »
+1

Well, these are tiers, right?  So the tiers should have names.  I propose four tiers: Chapel (good), Village (utilitarian), Adventurer (bad), and Scout.
So we'd have good, utilitarian, bad and out of this world amazing?

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Aleimon Thimble
  • Respect: +711
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2016, 03:13:50 am »

We're not 100% sure yet how exactly we will analyze the data, but there will probably be named tiers in the end, we'll just have to establish cut-off points from the scores.

Also, Adventurer and Scout are likely going to be in the same tier.
[...] The God of heaven has given you Dominion [...] (Daniel 2:37)

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2016, 07:46:38 am »

We're not 100% sure yet how exactly we will analyze the data, but there will probably be named tiers in the end, we'll just have to establish cut-off points from the scores.

Also, Adventurer and Scout are likely going to be in the same tier.

I think the simplest thing to do would be to have Tiers 1 through 10. It's a lot of tiers, but it makes sense with the numbers to cut them off at the same points users had to rate them.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2016, 07:53:00 am »

That would be tier 0-1, 1-2, until 9-10.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.399 seconds with 22 queries.