Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 61  All

Author Topic: M86: Ghibli Mafia - Game over.  (Read 163671 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M86: Ghibli Mafia - Day 4.
« Reply #1400 on: October 08, 2016, 07:09:57 pm »

Oh also schadd, you can use whatever color of text you want as long as it isn't invisible, and it isn't the color that the mod is currently using.  I actually can't see the purple, so I would personally choose another color if you go to all that trouble.  So just don't use maroon this game and you will be fine.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: October 08, 2016, 07:13:35 pm »

What has changed since this post?
i have played about 50x more mafia since.

Do you have a math background?
uh i haven't done enough education to say yes but, i mean, i do like math a good bit

Oh also schadd, you can use whatever color of text you want as long as it isn't invisible, and it isn't the color that the mod is currently using.  I actually can't see the purple, so I would personally choose another color if you go to all that trouble.  So just don't use maroon this game and you will be fine.
hm. i'll use... navy, then
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: October 08, 2016, 07:17:54 pm »

What has changed since this post?
i have played about 50x more mafia since.

Do you have a math background?
uh i haven't done enough education to say yes but, i mean, i do like math a good bit

hm. i'll use... navy, then

ok. I would use like green, or maybe lime green.  Or just bold them.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: October 08, 2016, 07:18:46 pm »

gkrieg
gkrieg
gkrieg
gkrieg
gkrieg
gkrieg

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: October 08, 2016, 07:19:03 pm »

Definitely go with blue, if you want my opinion on that.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: October 08, 2016, 07:22:10 pm »

weew
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: October 08, 2016, 07:42:57 pm »

I'll reread Joseph next, but it will probably be after dinner.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: October 08, 2016, 07:50:28 pm »

yeah i usually have flux on which makes navy almost indistinguishable from black, and orange hard to read on white. blue is cool tho

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: October 08, 2016, 08:17:41 pm »

oh, anyway, if you happen to be me, that post makes you a lot less suspicious of gkrieg; i don't think that people were unsuspicious enough of me for gkrieg to get townpoints for that (or, i suppose, unsuspicious of me at all). if you're me you're also very confident that joseph is scum. i'll try not to let that slip into rereads part 2.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: October 08, 2016, 09:58:16 pm »

yeah i usually have flux on which makes navy almost indistinguishable from black, and orange hard to read on white. blue is cool tho

That must be it.  I was wondering why it was so much more visible during the day than at night, but I had forgotten I have flux on!

oh, anyway, if you happen to be me, that post makes you a lot less suspicious of gkrieg; i don't think that people were unsuspicious enough of me for gkrieg to get townpoints for that (or, i suppose, unsuspicious of me at all). if you're me you're also very confident that joseph is scum. i'll try not to let that slip into rereads part 2.

I'm confused about the first part of this statement, and I'm also trying to not let confirmation bias slip in to my reread of Joseph. 

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: October 08, 2016, 10:00:30 pm »

Also ", 5" gets Haddock's sig as well...

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: October 08, 2016, 10:45:07 pm »

Joseph:

He is very RVSy.  He votes silverspawn for not having any votes.  Joseph tends to love RVS a little too much, so this seems normal for him.

Okay, so a lot happened today (typical).
Mail-mi seems kind of towny to me, but I'm not convinced LaLight is scum either.
New players do silly things (experienced players do too), but at least they didn't actually hammer the wagon.

Gives a kind of town read on mail-mi.

Let's start a good wagon:

Vote: faust

Starts the wagon on faust.

Day 1 ends on September 17 at 2:20 a.m. forum time.

~2.5 days, we need to do more

Pushing deadlines is pretty null, but borderline scummy.  It is something people do as scum to appear townie, but I also do it as town, to make sure people are aware.

Lynch list:

1. Witherweaver - null to mildly town
2. LaLight - lots of content, pro-town
3. silverspawn - not a lot there
4. gkrieg13 - put mail-mi on L-1, which isn't great. Not a lot else
5. faust - leaning towards scum
6. Roadrunner7671 - for the first time in forever, don't think he's scum
7. Joseph2302 - me. Absolutely no useful content so far
8. SpaceAnemone - mild town read on him, from very little content
9. J Reggie - trying to get the game moving early, and decently towny with most other things
10. schadd - lots of short posts, kind of null
11. iguanaiguana - mild town read
12. mail-mi - his wagon seemed a bit too easy for my liking. As he hasn't done anything super-scummy, it's likely there was scum on the wagon, and therefore more likely that he's town. Also seems different to the scum!mail-mi in a previous game

This reads list is actually really interesting.  All of the people that he has as his lynch pool have either flipped town, or they are schadd.  This means that if Joseph is scum, he chose to townread all of his partners.  But he also has mail-mi and RR as big town reads.

My preference for these 3 wagons is:
(Most wanted first)

faust
Mail-mi
JReggie

More reads.  So mail-mi isn't as townie as J Reggie in his eyes. 

Faust isn't happening, and I really think JReggie is town.
More so than mail-mi

votes for mail-mi and gives this as his reason.

morning, everyone!

vote: faust, I think.
It was obvious for scum to not kill faust.

This just seems like a strange statement. 

Lynch list:

9. J Reggie - trying to get the game moving early, and decently towny with most other things
12. mail-mi - his wagon seemed a bit too easy for my liking. As he hasn't done anything super-scummy, it's likely there was scum on the wagon, and therefore more likely that he's town. Also seems different to the scum!mail-mi in a previous game

Welp, my reads list doesn't look great.
Considering ss is town, and faust almost certainly is too

He also addresses how bad his earlier reads list is.  I say slightly scummy on this, in addition to his tone changing a lot D2 compared to D1.  He gets a lot more analytical, where most of his posts D1 are fluffy.

So, the weekend is over, and it's time for ou guys to put in some work, make cases, and such things. I have thoughts, but I will not reveal them. Instead, I want everyone to take the following pledge:

"If there is no lynch 12 hours before deadline, I will vote for whoever faust decides we should lynch."
/pledge
Although hopefully we'll have more meaningful discussion than just sheep the IC

I just see this as scummy.  I think just deciding to sheep anyone, especially the IC is very scummy.  It just gives lack of accountability.  You can always say that the IC wanted the lynch and you just went along with it.

My big problem with the pledge is that everyone should have better reads than faust because they have more information than faust.  Every person knows the alignment of 2 people (themselves and faust), so their reads have a higher probability of being correct than faust's. 

Also I'm weary of the people that agree to just blindly follow faust.  That is just way too easy of a cop out if they are on a mislynch.

Well, I don't follow him blindly. I trust his opinion, cause he's really more experienced and also an IC. + I know the alignment of me and him. I don't have strong case on anyone now, only mild scumread. I'll see and listen to faust.

Lynch list:

Here's my old lynch list- I'll review it properly some point.
faust is clearly town now, as were ss and mail-mi.
Man, these reads look so bad with hindsight

More mentions of how his reads are so bad and that he should just follow faust.  It seems to me that he is trying to oversell how bad his reads are so he can just sheep faust safely.

Going to bed now, but a serious, thought-provoking question before I do.

If you were scum, who would you have killed N1?

I don't get this question.

So what do you think scum did during yesterday's mislynch?
probably voted for mail-mi, and ~manipulated~ other people into it. but, i mean, faust and silverspawn were on that boat, so probably not all three of the scums needed to be egging that basket, or something. and that checks out: two of the people in my kinda tier voted for him (you and joseph, though the fact that joseph is the one whom i'm worried about accidentally complicitly killing clouds things a bit).

so, socrates, what's your scoop? corrupted any children lately, like, for example, rr, in your mafia qt? does it smell bad cop in here or is it just me? etc.
I didn't really want to vote for him, but he seemed like the least bad wagon.

Trying to get the focus off himself, trying to say that he shouldn't really be counted on the mislynch, but that he just had to vote for him.  Very scummy.

My list of towns from yesterday are still towns. Joseph is scum.
You're wrong.
I understand where people are coming from, but we need to find actual scum, not an idiot with a terrible reads list.
Lynching me is bad - easy mislynch, and what information will you get from it?

scummy defense as well.  I don't think that people thought he was scum because of his reads list at this point.  I'm not sure if anyone really mentioned it other than him. (I'm only reading his posts, so I don't know for sure)

Why a vote on WW?
Because I think he's scummy.
I'm reasonably sure one of WW and gkrieg is scum, and I think WW is scummier right now.

Votes for WW and gives this reasoning.

And that wagon came quickly.

Doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad one.

PPE:1

This reaction also is scummy.  Very hedgy, almost saying that he would get on the wagon if townies don't bring it to lynch.

Interesting.

So to sum up:
I think WW or gkrieg is scum
WW is voting gkrieg
Gkrieg thinks WW is town

Makes me think I was right, WW is scum

I'm not sure why he thinks one of WW and me is scum at this point.  I didn't get to that part of the reread yet apparently.

1. Witherweaver - scummy
2. LaLight - null
4. gkrieg13 - a little scummy
5. faust - IC
6. Roadrunner7671 - null
7. Joseph2302 - 100% town
8. SpaceAnemone - null to mildly towny
9. J Reggie - doesn't seem like scum!JReggie to me, so town
10. schadd - null to mildly towny
11. iguanaiguana - town

So my top 3 town reads would be ii, JReggie, Space

Gives another reads list.

So, I'm kind of against mass claiming, as gives scum too much info.

And mafia must have a full strongman, thus faust must have been double protected last night.
We have no UB/ faust is the UB.

Claims:
WW: 1-shot vig, who shot Space last night
schadd: 1-shot doc, saved faust last night

This is the stance he would've taken as an actual doctor. Up to this point, I've been looking for soft claims that he left that he was a doctor, and I wasn't able to find any.  To me it seems that he had decided at this point that he was going to fakeclaim doctor. 

One question: Do we think the claims are true?

I'm leaning towards yes, although Schadd's would be an easy scum fakeclaim.

I mean at this point, he should know that schadd is probably telling the truth because just his doctoring wouldn't have done the trick.

here is another random thing

at the time of this post, this is the post count in this thread of the following people (including the sign-up ones, but those are negligible):

witherweaver: 151
faust: 125
j reggie: 111
lalight: 110
iguanaiguana: 98
gkrieg: 93
schaddio: 78
joseph: 74
spaceanemone: 59
So Space is the lurker then- should vote him.

Vote: Gkrieg

Votes for me

Can everyone read the like 6 short posts that J Reggie has made so far in D3 and tell me with a straight face that they are not super scummy?

I would go for scummy, but not super scummy.
Reasonably scummy

So the SA comment and the J Reggie comment go against his earlier reads lists.  I would say this is one of the townier things he did the whole game.

I do!

Okay I think everyone knows that by now.
I'll reread tomorrow, but either Space or JReggie seem like decent options to me.

And given JReggies's intent to intent to hammer, think he might be scum looking to minimise information.

I mean he does a complete 180 on both of them.

So what are we at now?  Looks like

SpaceAnemone (3): Witherweaver, gkrieg13, LaLight
gkrieg13 (1): Joseph2302
J Reggie (3): faust, Iguana,  schadd

Not Voting (2): SpaceAnemone, J Reggie,

Why is Joseph voting for Gkrieg?

Ftfy

I don't remember either
Residual remains of my D2 theory that one of WW or gkrieg was scum.

Will need to catch up tomorrow, lots of things have been going on.
Will change vote after a proper reread.

His sticking to this WW/me scum theory is scummy.  Tunneling through multiple days while disregarding other things that are going on.

In the meantime, Vote: LaLight for thinking I'm scummy.

This vote is on D3.  D3.

In conclusion, I think that both JReggie and Space are scum, the JReggie post seems like obvious buddying to me.

I think Space looks worst, and he hasn't bothered to claim, so I'm going to vote for him. This will be L-1, but gkrieg has already said he's hammer either on L-1.

So, Vote: Space

L-1

Puts SA at L-1

Conclusion

As I was rereading, I realized how crazy unlikely it is that both of us are town.  Like what was I thinking yesterday.  It would mean that scum had to RB one of us N1, then RB one of the three doctors , then RB one of us N3.  I mean I guess that isn't that crazy ridiculous, but I have a hard time believing that he is a doctor from his D1 and D2 play. 

He spends a lot of time distancing himself from mislynch wagons.  He is on the mail-mi wagon D1, but tries to say that he didn't really like the wagon D2.  He stays off the RR wagon, and then has a complete 180 on SA and J Reggie right when they are the only two options for the day. 

So I'll still reread WW tomorrow, but I really think that Joseph is scum.  I think the likelihood that there are two full doctors, and that WW is lying, is pretty low.  From my perspective, one of them HAS to be lying, and right now it is looking more like Joseph.  I won't vote until I've read WW though.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1412 on: October 09, 2016, 12:29:58 am »

Gkrieg's case on Joseph seems pretty good. I've been defending him like all game for basically no reason, I realized. I'll give him a reread myself.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1413 on: October 09, 2016, 12:31:16 am »

But hmm, gkrieg is acting kind of weird too so IDK.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: October 09, 2016, 12:56:52 am »

But hmm, gkrieg is acting kind of weird too so IDK.

How am I acting weird?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: October 09, 2016, 09:07:51 am »

guys, let's do the artificial voting. Like I vote: Playername to see the opinions. What do you think?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: October 09, 2016, 09:35:57 am »

Vote: Joseph
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: October 09, 2016, 09:51:15 am »

vote: Joseph

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: October 09, 2016, 09:56:11 am »

vote: joseph

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: October 09, 2016, 10:52:48 am »

Guys I'm good.
And Gkrieg is bad.

There aren't 2 full doctors, but you're choosing the wrong person.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: October 09, 2016, 11:17:36 am »

Guys I'm good.
And Gkrieg is bad.

porquois?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: October 09, 2016, 11:19:26 am »

Guys I'm good.
And Gkrieg is bad.

porquois?

Is this a word?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: October 09, 2016, 11:27:52 am »

Guys I'm good.
And Gkrieg is bad.

Guys. Wtf are we waiting for. vote: Joseph

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: October 09, 2016, 11:44:42 am »

Guys I'm good.
And Gkrieg is bad.

Guys. Wtf are we waiting for. vote: Joseph

I still want to read WW, but I also fake vote Joseph

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: October 09, 2016, 12:03:24 pm »

Guys I'm good.
And Gkrieg is bad.

porquois?

Is this a word?
it's french
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 61  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 20 queries.