Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Singleplayer Features  (Read 5962 times)

BBL

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +91
    • View Profile
Singleplayer Features
« on: August 30, 2016, 06:19:43 pm »
+3

Have there been any news on the Features of the Singleplayer Part of Dominion 2017? Are these comparable to the Implementation of Making Fun / Goko, or will there be more or less to play around with?

There are couple of things that come to my mind
- Will the Campaigns be kept, or better: revised / extended? At the moment they feel like the opposite of what makes Dominion great. I would even pay to see a string of curated boards with Default Dominion Rules, utilizing cards from all sets, instead of repeating one Set over and over again.
- Will there be improving bots, that adapt their difficulty based on the skill of the player? Would also be nice in a Campaign.
- Will there be any kind of Achievements, Rankings, or other ways to compare with your friends / other Players, when playing only against Bots? Or is this limited to the Online Mode? As meaningless as it is, I have a weak spot for the Casual Ranking and I would love to see that extended.
- Any plans for fun offline Achievements or other intersting long-term goals?

Thanks in advance

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Re: Singleplayer Features
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 11:46:00 am »

You will not be able to play the making fun goko campaigns again, pretty sure I picked that up somewhere

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 03:58:48 pm »
+3

You will not be able to play the making fun goko campaigns again, pretty sure I picked that up somewhere
I could address this non-question but don't want to be quoted as promising things that weren't delivered by an entity I can't really control.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 01:04:25 pm »
+1

I could address this non-question but don't want to be quoted as promising things that weren't delivered by an entity I can't really control.

Actually OP, we have this statement coming from the designer of Dominion recently, so I think you can bank on kicking it back with the old Goko campaigns. 

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 06:29:27 pm »

you will be able to play the making fun campaigns and also get shuffle it free forever
Actually OP, we have this statement coming from the designer of Dominion recently, so I think you can bank on kicking it back with the old Goko campaigns.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 06:41:59 pm »
+5

So, the witty quote hacks have been great, but maybe it's time I quit the forums for a while, so I don't spend so much time thinking about the people who hate me over online Dominion.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 06:56:54 pm »
+3

So, the witty quote hacks have been great, but maybe it's time I quit the forums for a while, so I don't spend so much time thinking about the people who hate me over online Dominion.

How about instead you spend your time thinking about the 100s times as many more people who love you over Dominion in general?

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 07:44:35 pm »
+6

How about instead you spend your time thinking about the 100s times as many more people who love you over Dominion in general?
I don't mean to be all like that Cleese thing, "some people can't control their emotions and so want to control other people's actions." I was just trying to make a witty quote hack. It's dated in the future, maybe that was too subtle.

Really though, the f.ds people have been super supportive, but still the odds are that sooner or later someone else will blow up at me over online Dominion and the move will be to take a break from forums for a while.

The last guy showed up at BGG to say how clever of me it was to ban him from these forums (I do not have that ability), how all his good times with Dominion were in fact ruined forever, and that I say "man" as an ultra-fake way to appear "folksy." Man, fuck that noise, I want to be friendly to friendly people but at some point you need to block that stuff from your life however you can and just pretend you're actually a good person.

jamfamsam

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: jamfamsam
  • Respect: +1214
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 10:22:55 pm »

That banned guy needs to see a good psychiatrist. Is it really worth getting that upset over a few dollars?
"There is no extra charge for awesomeness..."

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2016, 11:15:57 pm »
+5

That banned guy needs to see a good psychiatrist. Is it really worth getting that upset over a few dollars?
Let's give him the benefit of the doubt I didn't get, and figure it's not about the money, it's about Justice. And I sympathize with that perspective, I sometimes really want justice.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2016, 12:16:10 am »
+3

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt I didn't get, and figure it's not about the money, it's about Justice. And I sympathize with that perspective, I sometimes really want justice.

Perhaps he should consider black magic.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2016, 10:22:43 am »
+1

I agree that Donald is in a very difficult position, and I don't think there's much more helpful info he can give us since he's not a ShuffleIT owner/employee.  For every person that understands that there are probably ten that don't.  I don't think we'd miss out on much if he did take a break from this subforum, though I'd love to see him in some of the other Dominion related subforums so he can talk about this awesome game he made and not about how it has been a nightmare to get the right people virtualizing this awesome game he made.

Alternatively theory can ban me because I'm probably one of the more abrasive people that makes Donald's forum visits less fun; I've been trying to get banned for at least a year.  So far unsuccessfully.  Maybe if I KC-Followers-Masquerade him on the new platform.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 01:41:56 pm by popsofctown »

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2016, 06:06:18 pm »

Will be disappointed and happy at the same time if you don't make that post at that exact time stamp.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

gkrieg13

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2016, 06:37:15 pm »
+1

I agree that Donald is in a very difficult position, and I don't think there's much more helpful info he can give us since he's not a ShuffleIT owner/employee.  For every person that understands that there are probably ten that don't.  I don't think we'd miss out on much if he did take a break from this subforum, though I'd love to see him in some of the other Dominion related subforums so he can talk about this awesome game he made and not about how it has been a nightmare to get the right people virtualizing this awesome game he made.

Alternatively theory can ban me because I'm probably one of the more abrasive people that makes Donald's forum visits less fun; I've been trying to get banned for at least a year.  So far unsuccessfully.  Maybe if I KC-Followers-Masquerade him on the new platform.

Wait, but won't the followers make you draw two estates into your hand?  I mean it isn't the same pin.  Maybe he will hate you more because it is an almost-pin

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2016, 07:01:34 pm »

Got some angry words after a forty five minute KC-Minion-Masquerade game, can confirm hypothesis.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.