Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 96  All

Author Topic: RMM35: Rewind Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 206882 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
RMM35: Rewind Mafia (Game over!)
« on: August 26, 2016, 09:16:42 pm »

Welcome to RMM35: Rewind Mafia

Setup details in next post

Mods: mail-mi and ashersky

Signups are open.

1. faust, Scum-aligned Maleficent from RMM11, killed N1
2. sliverspawn
3. Roadrunner7671 Town-aligned Patch Developer, from RMM30, killed N3
4. gkreig13 Town-aligned Howard Carter, from MMMMMMMMM11, killed N3
5. Lalight
6. J Reggie Town-aligned Sebastian, from RMM6, killed N2
7. sudgy Survivor-aligned Jacob, from RMM19, lynched D3
8. Haddock Scum-aligned Orcish Rolestopping Priest, from RMM10, lynched D4
9. iguanaiguana Town-aligned The Survivor's Thug, from RMM26, killed N2
10. Seprix, Scum-aligned Mailman (with return postage) from RMM23, lynched D2
11. Witherweaver Town-aligned Arbar, Doctor of Parmentier from Dune Mafia 2, killed N2
12. Calamitas
13. Archetype Serial-killer-aligned Raven, from RMM5
14. EFHW

The Rules:

The Golden Rule:
This is a game. Everyone who signs up to play must be considerate of each other, never get personal, and focus on having fun. Once the game starts, having signed up is a commitment: inactivity is just as inconsiderate as rude comments.

The Standard Rules:
1. No communication between players outside of the game thread or shared QTs at any time. This includes passing references, jokes, or cases in other games or threads, whether in context or not.
2. If the game thread is locked, do not post. If you are unsure if something is locked, ask the mod in your QT.
3. Direct or verbatim quoting of mod-provided information is strictly forbidden. Paraphrasing is okay.
4. All players will receive a personal QT should they wish to record their thoughts or communicate with the mod (I believe this is beneficial to the game as a whole, particularly postgame analysis).  However (due largely to weight of public opinion) it will NOT be allowed to quote directly from QTs.  It is also not allowed to specifically ask about the content of another player's QT or otherwise encourage them to discuss it.  This rule is obviously subject to abuse, so I ask players to do their best to stick to the spirit of the rule.
5. Actions with instructions that do not specify a game state will be resolved in the order they are received.
6. All night actions must be submitted within 47 hours of day ending, unless otherwise specified.
7. Players must post once every 24 hours.
8. Do not edit or delete posts, ever. If you need to clarify or correct something, post again.
9. Invisible text, font size less than 10, and spoiler tags are not allowed.
10. Cryptography is not allowed.
11. The time between a lynch being reached and a flip being provided is called twilight. All players may continue posting during this time, including the lynched player.
12. Dead players may not post in thread or any shared QT. A lynched player is not "dead" until a flip has been provided.
13. Personal multimedia, such as video or audio recordings, are not allowed in the game thread.

The Voting Rules:
1. Votes should be in this format: vote: Playername. Unambigiuous nicknames are acceptable.
2. Unvotes should be in this format: unvote or Unvote: Playername.
3. Unvotes are not required if changing your vote from one player to another.
4. You may vote: no lynch.
5. Lynches occur when a simple majority (rounded up) of living players is reached. Once reached, a lynch cannot be undone.
6. Lynch rules vary by the number of players alive.  With 10 or more players alive, the player with the most votes at the end of the day will be lynched.  Ties are broken by coin flip.  With nine or fewer players alive, if a majority lynch is not reached by the deadline, no lynch occurs.

The Rest:
1. Bold, lime green text is reserved for the Mod. Players should strive to avoid similar-looking text.
2. If you have an issue or problem with the game, please PM the Mod. Do not post complaints in the game thread.
3. Mods make mistakes - please point them out gently. If they can be corrected, they will. If irreversible, they will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. If a mod error disadvantages one faction greatly, the game may be called off.
5. Ask all questions and make all requests directly to the Mods via PM or (more preferably) in your QT. Questions deemed as "universal" (defined as questions for which the answers should be available to all players) will be requested to be re-posted in the Game Thread and answered there.
6. Prods may be requested after 24 hours without posting in the game thread. Players are subject to replacement or modkill after one prod.
7. All rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, as determined by the mods.
8. Players with roles can send orders either in the QT or by PM, but QT is the preferred medium.

Deadlines:
1. Days have 2 possible durations:
   a. If it is Day 1, or 6 or less people are alive, days will last 7 IRL days.
   b. Otherwise, days are 10 IRL days.
2. Nights will last ~48 hours. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 02:08:30 am by mail-mi »
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM35: Rewind Mafia (Signups open!)
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 09:16:50 pm »

SET UP DETAILS

1. All roles will be taken from previous RMM games! There will be a maximum of 1 role taken from each game. Most RMM games up through RMM33 are eligible to be represented in this game. Game-specific mechanics may or may not be included, depending on how difficult they would be to implement. All roles that have a secret component have been changed slightly, to keep the secret component a secret. Other changes may be made to roles at the mod's discretion.

2. Each person will have their own personal Role QT. All communication with the mod should be made through the role QTs.

3. Flavor names will be structured as "Flavor Name, from RMM??." If the game did not have flavor names, the flavor name will be structured as "Role Name, from RMM??."

4. All scum/third parties may safely fake claim a town role from the game their role is from.

5. There will be day phases and night phases. Some roles may have day actions, some may have night actions. All night actions must be submitted 1 hour before the end of night. The timing of day actions will be specified by role. Actions may not be submitted on N0 unless otherwise specified.

6. Time Travel:
  - Some roles in this game may have time travel components. A player with a Time Travel power may choose to travel to a different game phase to perform their action, if any. After carrying out their action (if applicable), they return to the current game phase.
  - It is not possible for players with Time Travel powers to have their action manipulated by being targeted in the game phase they travel to, only by being targeted in the current game phase. (e.g. if in N3, a Time Travelling Vigilante travels to D1 to perform a kill, a Roleblocker targeting them during D1 will not be able to stop the kill) If a player with a Time Travel power travels to a Day phase, their action will automatically resolve after all other actions of that Day phase.
  - It is not possible that Time Travel powers change vote counts in any way, even if the player who hammered is now already dead. At the end of each game phase, all game phases in the “past” will be re-evaluated and the game state will be adjusted to account for these actions, beginning with N0.

7. Resurrection: Due to mechanics that may or may not be present this game, it is fully possible for players to come back from the dead.  Dead players will not have access to the speccy. If the chance for resurrection or other interaction with the game drops to zero, I will give them the speccy link. Resurrected players are not guaranteed be of the same alignment as before they died.

8. All actions that are resolved at the same time, in particular night actions, will be resolved according to the following protocol:

1. Find an action (or a passive modifier) such that its effect cannot possibly be modified by any other action.
  2. Resolve it.
  3. Repeat from step 1 until all actions are resolved.

- In case of conflicting night actions, order of resolution is determined by the kind of action performed in the following way:

1. Commute
  2. Block
  3. Time Travel
  4. Copy
  5. Redirect
  6. Protect
  7. Miscellaneous (Item giving)
  8. Kill
  9. Inspect
 10. Item receiving.

- If you are unsure in which category your night action falls, please ask in your Role QT. In case of conflicting night actions of the same type, the following protocol is applied:

1. Actions by town-aligned players are resolved first.
  2. If 1 doesn't apply, the action submitted first will be resolved first.

9: Items.
  - This game includes Items that are separate from players' role powers. Items may have benefits or drawbacks to the player holding them, or to all of the players not holding them, or may do nothing at all.
  - Items may have a passive or active power. Passive item powers are always in effect for the person holding them, and active powers can be chosen to be used during the Item's specified phase.
  - Items may be given to other players during the Night Action phase. Players may not use the power of an active power Item on a night they decide to give it away. Passive power Items, on the other hand, will remain in effect until the end of that night phase. Giving away an Item counts as an Action, and therefore can be roleblocked, redirected, etc.
  - When Items are "destroyed," it means that they are taken out of the game for good.
  - All Items from previous games with a secret component have been changed slightly, to keep the secret component a secret.
  - Giving away Items and all Item actions must be completed in the current game phase. No Time Traveling with Item actions.

10. Anything written in lime green italics is just flavor, and has no effect on the game. I do, however, recommend paying attention to anything written in lime green bold font.

11. Further setup detail will be provided if I see it necessary.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 04:10:06 pm by mail-mi »
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 09:16:58 pm »

reserved in case i need it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 09:43:20 pm »

i -> | <- n

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 09:45:38 pm »

/in for playing or for modding if you want

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 09:47:55 pm »

which would you rather do?

The thing is: i may have to leave F.DS entirely before this game ends should my mission call have me leave in, like, october. So i need someone willing to take up the mantle as "full mod" should I have to do that.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 12:02:58 am »

which would you rather do?

The thing is: i may have to leave F.DS entirely before this game ends should my mission call have me leave in, like, october. So i need someone willing to take up the mantle as "full mod" should I have to do that.

I guess it depends on how fast the game fills up. I would rather play but would definitely mod if there are a lot of people that want to play

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 12:33:03 am »

/in
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 02:03:03 am »

ok, I'm gonna make this 13 players min.

hopefully some vets will show up for this!

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 06:30:37 am »

/in but please PM me with some details about what is RMM =)
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 09:08:24 am »

/tag

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2016, 10:12:09 am »

/in!

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2016, 10:13:55 am »

Role madness mafia, where every player (sometimes except one) has a power role instead of just two or three. It makes things a little more complicated but a lot more fun.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2016, 12:05:54 pm »

Wow, me gusto
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2016, 12:10:15 pm »

Role madness mafia, where every player (sometimes except one) has a power role instead of just two or three. It makes things a little more complicated but a lot more fun.

That's not a rule. I think more often than not it's everyone, but there can be more than 1 VT.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2016, 04:00:21 pm »

/tag - can co-mod if needed
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2016, 04:21:10 pm »

Are you willing to play, or only to comod?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2016, 07:10:52 pm »

Note a change to the setup post: "All scum/third parties may safely fake claim a town role from the game their role is from."

And also note the addition of the rules about Items in the setup post.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 07:21:55 pm by mail-mi »

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2016, 09:37:59 pm »

/in
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2016, 02:17:01 am »

actually, i need you to comod.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM35: Rewind Mafia (6+ spots left! Get 'em while they're hot!)
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2016, 07:24:35 pm »

note a change to setup detail 8.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2016, 06:25:51 am »

Why all the RMM lately?  I want to play some normal games.

/in
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2016, 09:36:49 am »

Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2016, 11:09:05 am »

I have to say I really like the game idea. So much that I might try to run my own take on this at some point in the future.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2016, 11:11:11 am »

/in
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 96  All

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 19 queries.