Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A Colony game with Ambassador  (Read 1476 times)

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
A Colony game with Ambassador
« on: January 29, 2012, 10:17:17 pm »

Sooo... I really don't like Ambassador. At all. I prefer it over Chapel, but then, Chapel is one of the cards I really don't want to play with. So when this board was presented to me, I could not resist the urge to skip the Ambassadors, even if they are really, really, really good on Colony boards. I got to use one of my favorite cards, and with some success.

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201201/29/game-20120129-190621-35f38788.html

I do think I could've opened Trader/Herbalist instead, but contrary to how many people like to play it (or so I've heard) I really want those stones in my deck as soon as possible. Especially with my opponent clogging up my deck with an Ambassador. I also don't really think my opponent played optimally, going for the stones himself, but then, I would probably not have bought the third to last Colony on turn 21. Any thoughts? Was there another even more prominent strategy to be used here?

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
Re: A Colony game with Ambassador
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 11:32:03 pm »

I think it's a generalization of the idea that Ambassador into BM isn't actually that good, and is beatable. (Just like Chapel). Ambassador into engine is epic, ambassador into BM is meh, and that's when you can do this sort of thing to it :) well-played!

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
Re: A Colony game with Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 11:48:17 pm »

I have to agree that Amb->BM isn't that great. However, I do think it's really good on Colony Boards. I think my opponent played it right, and if there wouldn't have been any stones there, I'm pretty sure I would've lost soundly to Amb->BM.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.274 seconds with 21 queries.