Author Topic: Dragon  (Read 8086 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2016, 04:42:24 pm »
+1

Oh, Valyria and Dragon Slayer need some sort of special thing to denote that they can't be picked normally. Kind of like a "this is not in the supply" for Landmarks/Events.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 04:45:05 pm by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1812
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2016, 04:52:02 pm »
+1

Valyria could potentially lead to rules issues with Horn of Plenty and Villa.
As the game is over you cannot gain anything if you play Horn of Plenty. And as the game is over you cannot buy Villa.
Not that it is likely that it will appear (who would buy expensive Treasures in the presence of Dragon?) but the other stuff can simply be houseruled. I'd simply forbid any hand/deck interaction with those other Treasure cards, you simply count the Coins.

What's far more crucial is the correct VP value. I have a hard time judging that.
or that playing IGG wouldn't give out a curse
Yes, it wouldn't.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1384
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2016, 06:09:47 pm »

Dragon Slayer is an interesting event in a Possession game.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2016, 11:22:44 pm »
+1

Valyria could potentially lead to rules issues with Horn of Plenty and Villa.
As the game is over you cannot gain anything if you play Horn of Plenty. And as the game is over you cannot buy Villa.
Not that it is likely that it will appear (who would buy expensive Treasures in the presence of Dragon?) but the other stuff can simply be houseruled. I'd simply forbid any hand/deck interaction with those other Treasure cards, you simply count the Coins.

What's far more crucial is the correct VP value. I have a hard time judging that.
or that playing IGG wouldn't give out a curse
Yes, it wouldn't.

Ha, oops.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

tristan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +193
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2016, 04:29:42 am »

I think you could simplify the concept in an elegant way by just counting the number of treasures (or cards) on your dragon mat. It's probably not very common that it would result in a different outcome anyway (people will be likely to have more Coppers than anything on their mat).
I thought about that but it would create an asymmetry between the Event and the Landmark.
The question you should ask yourself is whether you should kill a dragon to spend the money or keep the money to compete for the 4VPs. If the two values are different that becomes messy or trivial. If you had e.g. 3 Gold on your mat you certainly wouldn't keep them for Valyria if the Landmark only counted the number of Treasures.

I don't think that it is worthwhile to simplify this to "number of Treasure cards" just to deal with rare cases of Treasures that tell you to play or gain something. My rule, for the FAQs of the card, would be that as the game is over you cannot draw or gain anything.

Marcory

• Minion
  • Respect: +1207
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2016, 01:31:10 pm »

There's still a problem with the Valyria Landmark. It requires you to "play all treasures" and gives for the most . That's fine for Basic Treasures, but it can create some weird issues with Venture. In addition, how do you handle Potion and cards like Diadem that depend on your Action phase?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2016, 08:54:46 pm »

Potion and Diadem are easy enough.  Potion doesn't produce coins so it doesn't contribute.  Diadem just produces $2 and no bonus.  I guess Venture would just produce $1 only as well.

tristan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +193
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2016, 04:47:40 am »

There's still a problem with the Valyria Landmark. It requires you to "play all treasures" and gives for the most . That's fine for Basic Treasures, but it can create some weird issues with Venture. In addition, how do you handle Potion and cards like Diadem that depend on your Action phase?
At the end of the game you are not in any phase (no idea about whether you are technically at the end of the Clean-up phase of the last player; this is simply how I would FAQ this card) and you have no actions and no buys. You also have no deck/hand anymore.
So Diadem is worth 2 and Venture is worth 1.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2016, 12:25:03 pm »

At the end of the game you are not in any phase (no idea about whether you are technically at the end of the Clean-up phase of the last player; this is simply how I would FAQ this card) and you have no actions and no buys. You also have no deck/hand anymore.
So Diadem is worth 2 and Venture is worth 1.

You definitely aren't in the cleanup of the last turn; the game only checks to see if the game-end conditions are met after each turn has ended, in between turns.

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 20 queries.