Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: One of The Best Games I've Ever Played, Part 2  (Read 2210 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
One of The Best Games I've Ever Played, Part 2
« on: July 30, 2016, 12:50:45 pm »

Code: [Select]
Travelling Fair, Mission, Haven, Ambassador, Steward, Familiar, Bridge Troll, Market, Soothsayer, Tactician, Tribute, Hunting Grounds

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160730/log.0.1469897214141.txt

I played Geronimoo in a fantastic game. He had an early lead I think, but I utilized the Mission/Tactician combo before he did, negating the lead somewhat. It ended in a tense battle for the lead. I drew the right cards at the right moment, and he stalled a little, netting me the win. Even if I lost, I was happy to play this one. It really made me think. The inclusion of just one Event from Adventures made this a vastly different game than if it wasn't there. So many decisions. Deck tracking is a huge plus on this board. Ambassadoring a Province for a win was even more fun.

I wanted to get to Tribute to play more Actions, but there just wasn't enough time. Geronimoo also started Provincing early, which I think may have been a mistake.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 12:57:20 pm by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: One of The Best Games I've Ever Played, Part 2
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 12:53:13 pm »

Not sure why the Event images decided to not show up.

EDIT: fixed the problem. Having the image size link as "159.0" busted the code. Evidently, the width BBcode does not include decimal sizes.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 12:56:31 pm by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 10:06:34 pm »

Not sure how you ignore tribute if you're opponent has a decent number of actions.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 10:47:15 pm »

Not sure how you ignore tribute if you're opponent has a decent number of actions.

I know. But he started Provincing, and I didn't have much time to build further. In addition, what am I going to be using Tribute on? I had Ambassador, Soothsayer, Tactician, and Steward as terminals. With Tac, I could already play two actions. While it is a nice dream, Soothsayer's Gold gaining (which is not great normally) already provided an avenue into double Provincing, which is plenty fast.

Limetime

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 11:22:32 pm »

I know. But he started Provincing, and I didn't have much time to build further. In addition, what am I going to be using Tribute on? I had Ambassador, Soothsayer, Tactician, and Steward as terminals. With Tac, I could already play two actions. While it is a nice dream, Soothsayer's Gold gaining (which is not great normally) already provided an avenue into double Provincing, which is plenty fast.
Don't be fooled by geronimoo's early provinceing.
I would ignore soothsayer(gold sucks and curses make your tributes worse)
And go for bridge troll.
Don't commit too early because your opponent can screw your tributes up.
I don't see anything fast in the kingdom so you should have time to build a bridge troll stack.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 11:27:04 pm »

And go for bridge troll.
I don't see anything fast in the kingdom so you should have time to build a bridge troll stack.

I don't want to say you're right because you have a higher rating than me, but you might be right.

Limetime

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 11:29:58 pm »

And go for bridge troll.

I don't want to say you're right because you have a higher rating than me, but you might be right.
I might be wrong. Idk
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 20 queries.