• Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1470
    • View Profile
Rules
« on: July 29, 2016, 09:41:54 pm »
+5

1.Tournament structure
1.1 Single elimination is the structure of the Tournament
1.2 Byes in round 1 so we'll have a full bracket from round 2 onwards.
1.3 full seeding based on isotropish leaderboard

2.Match structure
2.1 Best of 6 games, a win counts for 1 point, a tie for 0.5 points.
2.2 If either player reaches 3.5 points it's over.
2.3 Both players get to start 3 games. Do random starts until either player has started 3 times is the default. You may alternate starting players if both people prefer that.
2.4 If it's 3-3 after 6 games, play a deciding 7th game with a random starting player.
2.51 If the 7th game is a tie according to the dominion rules, the 2nd player in that game wins.
2.52 In the Semifinals and Finals, 2.51 does not apply and further games with alternating starting players will be played until a winner is determined.

3.Timing
3.1 The tournament starts on Monday 3rd of October. We'll play one round a week, and you're supposed to schedule a suitable time with your opponent yourself.
3.11 If a player isn't responding to schedule proposals or does not show up to a match, their opponent receives a bye for the round.
3.2 You can sign up until Friday 30th september.
3.3 FYI: Dominion League season 17 ends on Sunday 2nd of October, and season 18 will be delayed by a couple of weeks.

4.Environment
4.1 The default is the Making Fun platform, with the point counter enabled, on fully random sets.
4.2 If both players agree you're free to change this (play IRL, disable point counter, always include/exclude some cards, ...)

5. Incomplete games
5.1 If a game ends due to an unintentional disconnect from the game, discuss the gamestate with your opponent
5.11 If the game was still close, simply replay the game.
5.12 If the lead was almost insurmountable for one player, award a win to the player who was ahead.
5.2 In event of encountering a bug that significantly alters the game (e.g. wrong VP counter), replay that game.
5.3 If you have trouble coming to an agreement, put the match "on hold" and message the admins with the situation that occured. Finish the rest of your five remaining matches and if nobody exceeded 3,5 points, await the moderators' decision.

Feel free to ask questions here,or discuss certain points. I will edit this post if necessary.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 08:40:12 am by drsteelhammer »
Join the Dominion League!

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
Re: Rules
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 09:49:38 pm »
+3

2.52 Should probably clarify how starting player is determined for games 8, 9, etc. in case of continued ties in the semis and finals (i.e. do you alternate 1st player after randomly determining it for game 7).

3.1 has a typo, where "3rd of september" should be october.

drsteelhammer

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 09:59:24 pm »

2.52 Should probably clarify how starting player is determined for games 8, 9, etc. in case of continued ties in the semis and finals (i.e. do you alternate 1st player after randomly determining it for game 7).

3.1 has a typo, where "3rd of september" should be october.

Thanks, fixed.

mith

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: mith
  • Respect: +778
    • View Profile
    • MafiaScum.net
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 06:57:46 pm »

I will likely not be organizing a losers' bracket this year (too busy with baby), but would participate if someone else wants to take that on.

Graeme808

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 03:58:32 pm »

Will all games be played with the base set?

drsteelhammer

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 04:13:56 pm »
+2

Will all games be played with the base set?

The default is to play with as many sets as the players own combined. You could ask your opponent to modify that agreement, but I doubt many people would like to play base only games.

cascadestyler

• Bishop
  • Shuffle iT Username: cascadestyler
  • Vamos Cuidadanos!
  • Respect: +149
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 05:53:02 pm »

Rule 2.51 specifies that if game 7 is a tie then player 2 wins - does this imply that this rule is *not* used to resolve ties in earlier games? Because it is by default on goko and is part of the rule book.  In normal games 1-6, will equal scores but player 1 ending the game (so having taken more turns) be a tie or a win for p2?\
"You can't help people being right for the wrong reasons...This fear of finding oneself in bad company is not an expression of political purity; it is an expression of a lack of self-confidence."

- Arthur Koestler

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 05:58:30 pm »

Rule 2.51 specifies that if game 7 is a tie then player 2 wins - does this imply that this rule is *not* used to resolve ties in earlier games? Because it is by default on goko and is part of the rule book.  In normal games 1-6, will equal scores but player 1 ending the game (so having taken more turns) be a tie or a win for p2?\

This is separate from that rule. If player 1 starts the game, but player 2 ends the game, the match is a tie game under the normal rules. Both players had taken the same number of turns. However, if it is Game 7, Player 2 wins in the case of this tie.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

drsteelhammer

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2016, 08:41:33 am »

added 5.2. Nothing very impactful, just covering all grounds.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.