Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Thank You Moderators!  (Read 1699 times)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
Thank You Moderators!
« on: July 29, 2016, 12:57:47 am »
+14

Thanks guys. Theory is pretty great and I'm pretty sure there are more unsung heroes among the masses. Why am I being so patriotic towards f.ds, you might ask? It's because we have it great here!

I recently joined the Royal Oak Forum (http://royaloakforum.com/forum/index.php?action=unread). That's the city town I live in, and I saw the programming waa exactly the same as this one, so I made a quick little account. Boy was I in for a surprise.

Tons of helicopter moderation! You need approval from a mod to make a post! They claim this is to prevent spam. But if you have the moderation power to approve every single post, wouldn't you have the power to shut down a few bots and issuea few warnings to anyone typing like their head's cut off?

Second of all, it's incredibly inactive. 3,100 members and barely any active threads (literally like three), with each thread probably getting ~5 replies. Did a bunch of bots slip through? Or is it simply a dead forum? Either way, we're lucky to have the active and prosperous Dominion forum!

Third of all, it's a tight knit communiy. People are on first name bases, and no one seems to differ in opinions. I already know I'll get ripped into for my views on my first point.

Fourth of all, THEY HAVE NO FUN STUFF! No Random Stuff III. No forum games. No RSP. Their general discussion board is deader than that guy above who was typing with his head cut off. It's a bunch of people (probably all 45-70) talking about new buildings and shit. Having an organized debate about the election? Nah. Talk about our public schools? I guess not. But Tom just opened a shrubbery shop? Let's jump on that!

Sorry for the misleading title. It probably should be 'Roadrunner's Late Night Rant Part One: I Like to Complain'

« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 01:03:33 am by Roadrunner7671 »
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

pedroluchini

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
Re: Thank You Moderators!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 06:20:54 am »
+3

Related: today is SysAdmin Appreciation Day!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 10:20:15 am »
+7

I already know I'll get ripped into for my views on my first point.

Well don't try to tell them that Scout is so good.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 12:04:37 pm »
+2

Most forums are a dead meme. I'm going to be honest, this is the best forum I have ever been a part of. Believe me, I've taken part in some serious toxic communities. *cough cough* imnotgoingtotellyouwhichonesijustthoughtthiswouldbefunny *cough cough* This forum is fantastic. The people here are all distinct and interesting.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 12:10:29 pm »
+2

Most forums are a dead meme. I'm going to be honest, this is the best forum I have ever been a part of. Believe me, I've taken part in some serious toxic communities. *cough cough* imnotgoingtotellyouwhichonesijustthoughtthiswouldbefunny *cough cough* This forum is fantastic. The people here are all distinct and interesting.

Yeah, we're all great non-artificial people here, right silverspawn?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 12:19:05 pm »
+2

I like civfanatics too, although I barely spend any time there anymore.

Add me to the list of people that appreciate all the work done behind the scenes to keep this forum running though!
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 12:10:15 pm »

It turns out only the first post you make needs to get approved. So I feel sort of dumb
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.