Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Empires: The "Eat Your Vegetables" Expansion  (Read 19151 times)

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
Re: Empires: The "Eat Your Vegetables" Expansion
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2017, 09:42:37 am »

Catan is fun, but man it gets frustrating when all of the players are against you because you won one time.

I'm not the only one this happens to, apparently. Then they ignore you when you tell them who they should actually team against, because that person is running away with the game. Happens in Scrabble, too.

The trick about Catan is that you have to be good enough that you still win when everyone teams up against you. I think I have won maybe 30-50 games and lost like 2 or 3, despite the fact that everyone gangs up on me.

You picked the wrong forum to brag about your Catan successes  :)
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2017, 09:55:06 am »

Catan is fun, but man it gets frustrating when all of the players are against you because you won one time.

I'm not the only one this happens to, apparently. Then they ignore you when you tell them who they should actually team against, because that person is running away with the game. Happens in Scrabble, too.

The trick about Catan is that you have to be good enough that you still win when everyone teams up against you. I think I have won maybe 30-50 games and lost like 2 or 3, despite the fact that everyone gangs up on me.

I'm not bragging, I'm just saying that Catan is a great game as long as you don't suck at it.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2017, 10:15:53 am »

Or you play online like my brother does.

ackmondual

• Witch
  • Respect: +294
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2017, 01:19:59 am »
+1

Those vegetables presumably being grown and tended to by the Groundskeeper.
which come from the Gardens!
Village, +2 Actions.  Village, +3 Actions.  Village, +4 Actions.  Village, +5 Actions.  Village, +6 Actions.  Village, +7 Actions.  Workers Village, +2 Buys, +8 Actions.  End Action Phase.  No Treasures to play.  No buy.  No Night cards to play

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2017, 10:16:20 am »

I'm not bragging, I'm just saying that Catan is a great game as long as you don't suck at it.

Like most games, fun if you are good. I'm pretty good, but the whole the-people-winning-are-now-winning-by-more kind of turns me off.
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 20 queries.