Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 47  All

Author Topic: M85: Olympics Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 113522 times)

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
Re: M85: Olympics Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #800 on: August 31, 2016, 05:51:55 am »

Intent to hammer
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 31, 2016, 05:53:01 am »

Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 31, 2016, 05:59:43 am »

@iguana

My main reason to believe you're scummy was your interaction with Seprix. However, the rest of D1 and D2 have shown me that that was far less scummy than I thought at first. Therefore I wasn't pushing it anymore.
I changed to LaLight because a few posts from him felt forced and just there to strengthen the image of a towny, naive newbie which is/was IMO absolutely scummy. Still feel kind of that way, but some posts from him seem genuine and actually town (e.g. reaction on fakehammer).

But anyway, its obvious that we should lynch among the bodyguards today and I am tending in the rr direction right now. Intending to hammer in about 1-2 hours if nothing significant happens up to then.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 31, 2016, 06:08:18 am »

Unvote
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 31, 2016, 06:09:42 am »

There's a problem here.

Everyone wants to lynch Seprix, where at least one person really shouldn't. It's not clear at all which bodyguard is scum, so why would scum bus?

Roadrunner's scrambling is towny enough to convince me that scum is not bussing, and is on the lynch. I'm super suspicious of silverspawn/Seprix right now.

Vote: Seprix

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 31, 2016, 06:10:06 am »

There's a problem here.

Everyone wants to lynch Seprix Roadrunner, where at least one person really shouldn't. It's not clear at all which bodyguard is scum, so why would scum bus?

Roadrunner's scrambling is towny enough to convince me that scum is not bussing, and is on the lynch. I'm super suspicious of silverspawn/Seprix right now.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 31, 2016, 06:16:05 am »

Yeah I've looked at the situation a bunch of times and I'm convinced this is my best move here. I don't like my odds voting Roadrunner. It feels like a mislynch.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 31, 2016, 06:39:16 am »

It really doesn't feel like that, though. The partner is probably bussing at this point.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 31, 2016, 06:39:39 am »

I'm surprised that you thik RR's flailing is towny. That's like one of the least towny flailings he's ever done.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: August 31, 2016, 06:56:12 am »

There's a problem here.

Everyone wants to lynch Seprix Roadrunner, where at least one person really shouldn't. It's not clear at all which bodyguard is scum, so why would scum bus?

I assume the scum partner is bussing to not stand out after RR flips as mafia RB. Someone who actively defends RR would clearly be on the radar then. Especially since rr is if he is actual scum doomed in either way. If Seprix would be todays lynch (those two are by now the only targets that make sense) and flip bodyguard, rr is very likely to get lynched tomorrow.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: August 31, 2016, 08:15:36 am »

With Calamitas and mail-mi, we still get the lynch through

@igu: if you want to sell me on Seprix, give me a better reason than RR's flailing.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 31, 2016, 09:09:12 am »

There's a problem here.

Everyone wants to lynch Seprix, where at least one person really shouldn't. It's not clear at all which bodyguard is scum, so why would scum bus?

I'm with silver here: the flailing looks faked, not townie. However I do think it might be a Seprix/rr scum team (with same claims to distance themselves totally). I agree with what you were saying earlier, that Seprix is playing up his town meta way too much.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 31, 2016, 09:42:28 am »

Suggestion: If we lynch the roleblocker or goon today, both Bodyguards target our tracker

This seems to be one of the rare times where directing PRs is a good idea.

Reason: mafia can now either not kill the tracker, or they confirm that the second scum is also among the bodyguards. with just one Strongman shot, the last mafia can not block both bodyguards.

Of course that only works one way. If the tracker stays alive, then the second scum could still be among the bodyguards.

However, having the tracker alive is super great with just one scum left. If it wasn't for the one-shot Ninja, it'd be akin to a cop. Whoever is targeted with no result when someone dies is cleared.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 31, 2016, 09:45:19 am »

I agree wholeheartedly.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 31, 2016, 09:47:16 am »

Okay, I faked a hammer so that we can get a claim out of RR. Sadly, Gkreig posted, so that couldn't happen, I should have waited until RR was online, Bad timing. However, his actions were incredibly contrived. I think we can hammer RR.

vote: RR
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 31, 2016, 09:47:38 am »

Now someone finish the job, since Iguana chickened out and thinks I'm scum for some dumb reason.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 31, 2016, 09:49:06 am »

Now someone finish the job, since Iguana chickened out and thinks I'm scum for some dumb reason.

Could you, like, respond to that reason with why it's dumb?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 31, 2016, 09:49:47 am »

Suggestion: If we lynch the roleblocker or goon today, both Bodyguards target our tracker

Reason: mafia can now either not kill the tracker, or they confirm that the second scum is also among the bodyguards. with just one Strongman shot, the last mafia can not block both bodyguards.

Of course that only works one way. If the tracker stays alive, then the second scum could still be among the bodyguards.

However, having the tracker alive is super great with just one scum left. If it wasn't for the one-shot Ninja, it'd be akin to a cop. Whoever is targeted with no result when someone dies is cleared.

I like this suggestion. But reading on roles, first: I don't see a strongman that makes you towny (doesn't it?) and even if it was, strongman kills no matter how much bodyguards I have
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 31, 2016, 09:53:49 am »

Because it's dumb. Why would I claim Bodyguard when two other people did it ahead of me, unless it was true? But wait. Shocker. You think I'm so clever, that I would count on that. You've made up your mind already. You've been voting me all day. Don't even pretend to be unbiased.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 31, 2016, 09:54:07 am »

Well, strongman might break through only one layer of protection, instead of all layers.

That's a good question to ask gkreig, actually. Does the Strongman break through one layer of all layers of protection?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 31, 2016, 09:57:15 am »

Because it's dumb. Why would I claim Bodyguard when two other people did it ahead of me, unless it was true? But wait. Shocker. You think I'm so clever, that I would count on that. You've made up your mind already. You've been voting me all day. Don't even pretend to be unbiased.

Not pretending to be unbiased. I totally do have a bias against you that I am trying to get rid of.

You're not helping with me getting rid of it either, by the way.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 31, 2016, 09:57:58 am »

Strongman breaks through one layer of protection

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 31, 2016, 10:02:58 am »

Not pretending to be unbiased. I totally do have a bias against you that I am trying to get rid of.

You're not helping with me getting rid of it either, by the way.

What information can I give you that you don't already know?

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 31, 2016, 10:04:41 am »

Agreeing totally. The question is whether we should give our tracker a target. I am against it since mafia would know when to trigger the ninja. Therefore I would be going with unknown/random tracking.

What should I do if we don't kill a mafia member but an actual bodyguard? I would say still targeting tracker to force mafia to use the strongman shoy.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 31, 2016, 10:05:40 am »

Strongman breaks through one layer of protection
Which layer is on top? The more recent or the older one?

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.