Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 47  All

Author Topic: M85: Olympics Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 113371 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: M85: Olympics Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #725 on: August 30, 2016, 04:07:08 am »

Oh man LaLight actually clicked on the link

I thought there would be some Mafia Game with crazy theory, man. Btw topic there is interesting enough!
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 30, 2016, 05:21:26 am »

Seprix

please attempt to explain the occurences of today in a logical fashion

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 30, 2016, 06:40:56 am »

Seprix

meaning from your PoV. What were your thoughts behind what happened at the time, and what are they now.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 30, 2016, 08:54:25 am »

No one hammer yet (if that wasn't the hammer). I'd like a chance to reread some, and I have work.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 30, 2016, 08:58:18 am »

CRAP

CRAP CRAP CRAP

GKREIG OR ASHERSKY OR SOMEONE CAN YOU PLEASE DELETE THAT AND THIS POST. I MEANT TO JUST PREVIEW IT. I'M TRYING TO SET UP THE FLAVOR FOR REWIND MAFIA, AND WAS PREVIEWING IT TO MAKE SURE IT WAS SET UP CORRECTLY FORMATTING-WISE

PLEASE NO ONE QUOTE THIS OR THAT POST.

In my modpinion, since you are a player, these posts fall under Standard Rule #8 and remain a part of the game forever.

Based on this information about deleted posts, I think that Ashersky is scum and Mail-Mi is the mod.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 30, 2016, 09:00:23 am »

CRAP

CRAP CRAP CRAP

GKREIG OR ASHERSKY OR SOMEONE CAN YOU PLEASE DELETE THAT AND THIS POST. I MEANT TO JUST PREVIEW IT. I'M TRYING TO SET UP THE FLAVOR FOR REWIND MAFIA, AND WAS PREVIEWING IT TO MAKE SURE IT WAS SET UP CORRECTLY FORMATTING-WISE

In my modpinion, since you are a player, these posts fall under Standard Rule #8 and remain a part of the game forever.

Based on this information about deleted posts, I think that Ashersky is scum and Mail-Mi is the mod.
II how dare you? :( Mail-mi asked not to quote this!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 30, 2016, 09:03:58 am »

CRAP

CRAP CRAP CRAP

II how dare you? :( Mail-mi asked not to quote this!

Doesn't really matter now, since the posts can't be deleted, unless gkreig says otherwise.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 30, 2016, 09:05:26 am »

oh my bad.

I was just trying to be a clever.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 30, 2016, 09:45:00 am »

Seprix

meaning from your PoV. What were your thoughts behind what happened at the time, and what are they now.

I will try. One moment.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M85: Soap Opera Mafia 2 (Signups Open!)
« Reply #734 on: August 30, 2016, 09:55:10 am »

Setup Post:

Town PRs (power roles) will be chosen the following way:

- Roles and modifiers will be randomly selected from the roles and modifiers lists until the points add up to 7 or more. The modifiers and roles will be applied to the 7 town members independently, so you may end up with a VT (vanilla townie) that has a modifier, or a PR (power role) with no modifier.
- All modifiers will be unknown.
- Town members who don't get a role will be a VT.

Roles:
  • Jailkeeper: 4
  • Tracker: 4
  • Watcher: 4
  • Rolecop: 4
  • Vigilante: 3
  • Doctor: 2
  • Neapolitan: 1
  • Roleblocker: 1
  • Bodyguard: 1

Modifiers:
  • Random: -3
  • Weak: -2
  • Miller (always shown as JOAT to rolecop): -1
  • Witness (always shown targeting the person who died if tracked): 0
  • Framed (always shown as targeting the person who was killed for a watcher): 0
  • Macho: 0
  • Loud: 1
  • Ascetic: 2
  • Vanillaising: 2

- Mafia will be:

1 Mafia JOAT (1-shot of each: Strongman, Ninja, Godfather)
1 Mafia Goon if the number is 7 or lower, 1 Mafia Roleblocker if the number is 8 or higher

All players will be given role QTs and all communications with the mod should be made in those role QTs.
The PRs and modifiers have been designed so none of the PRs can ever be 100% certain of their results!

First, it is very important to look at this list. I want you all to pay close attention to it.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: August 30, 2016, 09:56:07 am »

well I'm not sure what happened but I think ash took care of it.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 30, 2016, 09:59:34 am »

hey, they got deleted! Wonder who did it...

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 30, 2016, 10:02:20 am »

I have two claims to make:

1. Silverspawn claims to be a delayed Doctor. Where is Delayed on the modifier list? Silverspawn is lying, and is clearly scum. I've kept my mouth shut for a while, just to see what he's been pushing. He pushed for my lynch, and then RR later on when it seems like RR is going to die.
2. LaLight is almost certainly town. If he is scum, he has played so well as to convince me, and he deserves the win.
3. All three of Calamitas, RR, and myself have claimed Bodyguard. One of us is almost certainly lying.
4. RR has the most incentive to go first, but since SS is pushing for RR (and me), and I have found SS to be lying (so far according to my theory), I think the correct lynch is actually Calamitas.

There is a Roleblocker scum player, since both Joseph and LaLight have +4 town abilities. There may be some modifiers that negate (such as Silverspawn's delayed Doctor for example), but the claims of 3 Bodyguards almost necessitate 2 to be real, 1 to be false.

unvote

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 30, 2016, 10:10:09 am »

I have two claims to make:

1. Silverspawn claims to be a delayed Doctor. Where is Delayed on the modifier list? Silverspawn is lying, and is clearly scum. I've kept my mouth shut for a while, just to see what he's been pushing. He pushed for my lynch, and then RR later on when it seems like RR is going to die.
2. LaLight is almost certainly town. If he is scum, he has played so well as to convince me, and he deserves the win.
3. All three of Calamitas, RR, and myself have claimed Bodyguard. One of us is almost certainly lying.
4. RR has the most incentive to go first, but since SS is pushing for RR (and me), and I have found SS to be lying (so far according to my theory), I think the correct lynch is actually Calamitas.

There is a Roleblocker scum player, since both Joseph and LaLight have +4 town abilities. There may be some modifiers that negate (such as Silverspawn's delayed Doctor for example), but the claims of 3 Bodyguards almost necessitate 2 to be real, 1 to be false.

unvote

I think you confused two games. SS didn't say he's delayed doctor. Rethink please.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M85: Olympics Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #739 on: August 30, 2016, 10:11:30 am »

...He didn't?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 30, 2016, 10:11:54 am »

Lol.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 30, 2016, 10:12:18 am »

You must not think very highly of my scum play :D

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 30, 2016, 10:12:59 am »

You must not think very highly of my scum play :D

No, I did. I hate playing more than one mafia game at a time.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 30, 2016, 10:13:47 am »

Anyways, all of that goes out the window then. Oh well.

RR is scum, dunno the third one then.

I targeted SS last night, and he didn't die, because then I would have died instead.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 30, 2016, 10:19:20 am »

it would be quite funny if I was protected by three bodyguards at once last night. I really feel flattered.

Still - seprix, explain to me why I'm supposed to vote for RR over you. Or do you think it's Calamitas?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 30, 2016, 10:20:41 am »

it would be quite funny if I was protected by three bodyguards at once last night. I really feel flattered.

Still - seprix, explain to me why I'm supposed to vote for RR over you. Or do you think it's Calamitas?

Think of it this way: Calamitas would have felt pressured to go another direction as scum instead of Bodyguard. Now take me. I would have felt even more pressured to go for another town role over Bodyguard. There are three of them now.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 30, 2016, 10:21:58 am »

Think of it this way: Calamitas would have felt pressured to go another direction as scum instead of Bodyguard. Now take me. I would have felt even more pressured to go for another town role over Bodyguard. There are three of them now.

I already made that point in your favor. I was hoping you could give me something beyond that.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 30, 2016, 10:24:51 am »

Seprix comes in with a long and helpful post...which is wrong. *sigh*

After thinking about it for a little bit, RR did take the most convenient claim as scum. But Seprix is crafty enough as scum to think about doing this I think. He would know that the last claimant is usually considered the truthful one. Is he ballsy enough to claim the third bodyguard? Yes, I think so. He's been extremely unhelpful this entire game, and it's because he's scum trying to play up his town meta.

I'm keeping my vote where it is.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 30, 2016, 10:27:00 am »

I already made that point in your favor. I was hoping you could give me something beyond that.

Right. I mean, that point is very convincing in itself. I don't really think I have a better argument for not me over anyone else.

Seprix comes in with a long and helpful post...which is wrong. *sigh*

After thinking about it for a little bit, RR did take the most convenient claim as scum. But Seprix is crafty enough as scum to think about doing this I think. He would know that the last claimant is usually considered the truthful one. Is he ballsy enough to claim the third bodyguard? Yes, I think so. He's been extremely unhelpful this entire game, and it's because he's scum trying to play up his town meta.

I'm keeping my vote where it is.

What, because I pointed it out? Let's keep playing this wonderful WIFOM game, where you we all must see behind motives and reveal even more motives to see through.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 30, 2016, 10:30:12 am »

And here's something to think about too, Mail: What about Calamitas? Just because I've been blatantly unhelpful doesn't mean I am scum. Maybe I feel like playing an Awaclusian game.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.