Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 47  All

Author Topic: M85: Olympics Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 113326 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M85: Olympics Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #425 on: August 24, 2016, 07:57:31 pm »

this is a god awful wagon. Seprix is a medium to large townread.

PPE: Glad to see it not being L-1 anymore.

I'm inclined to call out mail-mi because he should really know better than to push Seprix /or/ me. Others may or may not need a mislynch to realize that weird =/= scummy.

I've been gone. I don't know if I've ever played with seprix (if so I don't remember) and you usually play much more safe are much more active and towny safe than this.

fwfy

The point about activity is particularly unwarranted. I literally have the highest post count.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 24, 2016, 07:58:13 pm »

I'm inclined to call out mail-mi because he should really know better than to push Seprix /or/ me. Others may or may not need a mislynch to realize that weird =/= scummy.

I've been gone. I don't know if I've ever played with seprix (if so I don't remember) and you usually are much more active and towny than this.

And that's not an excuse for confusing weird with scummy. I might give you a pass on the Seprix thing.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 24, 2016, 07:59:17 pm »

I've been gone. I don't know if I've ever played with seprix (if so I don't remember) and you usually play much more safe are much more active and towny safe than this.

fwfy

The point about activity is particularly unwarranted. I literally have the highest post count.

Should say "actively townie."
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 24, 2016, 08:00:40 pm »

I've been gone. I don't know if I've ever played with seprix (if so I don't remember) and you usually are much more active and towny than this.

And that's not an excuse for confusing weird with scummy. I might give you a pass on the Seprix thing.

You're different. I don't like the different and believe that it is you trying something new as scum.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 24, 2016, 08:02:34 pm »

You're different. I don't like the different and believe that it is you trying something new as scum.

Because you have so much more leeway to be experimental as scum, yes?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 24, 2016, 08:03:23 pm »

The different part is trivial. What you have to explain is why it should be more likely to come from scum, rather than just stating that it does.

I can give you a town motivation behind pretty much everything if you want to.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 24, 2016, 08:04:34 pm »

Silverspawn is pretty mucj scum or a PR. I'd rather lynch Joseph or Seprix. I'm not sure though. We'll see. I'm going to try pretty hard to get a vote in before the deadline
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 24, 2016, 08:06:44 pm »

Because you have so much more leeway to be experimental as scum, yes?

WIFOM.

The whole "I have the game solved, but people keep talking. I'm not gonna tell you how I solved it, but just trust me." is not townie. I think that your acting different is a gambit to try to appear town, "hey I'm different so I'm town because it would be to risky for scum." You are ballsy enough a scum player to do that.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 24, 2016, 08:07:03 pm »

The different part is trivial. What you have to explain is why it should be more likely to come from scum, rather than just stating that it does.

Please, do.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 24, 2016, 08:16:47 pm »

Please, do.

Fine.

The most important thing to have early in a small game is activity. So I gave people stuff to talk about.

I even had to resort to not-so-subtle ways

I'd like to point out that lurking, which means not posting, is anti town, which means bad. Post more.

I dropped the act after this post

Okay, not to offend anyone, but silverspawn is the only veteran here. No 2.7, no Awaclus, no Yuma, no people like Jan from othet sites, no ashersky, no Faust, no problem

because I hadn't realized that I'm the only vet (although this is not quite true) so it may not be the best time.

Here:

<b>Jospeh </b>

Either silverspawn has some information we don't and Jospeh is actuallt scum or he is basically dead (D2 lynch). Case 1 doesn't allow us testing by killing silver, we could just take an important power role of the game. If he turns out lying we should stop handling him with kid gloves and just kill him.

Who are you and have you played mafia before?

I don't think you signed our pledge (link), did you?

I had to figure out if the curly brackets qualify as a scum slip or not.

I do think Calamitas and SpaceAnemone are scummy after reading people's thoughts. But I'll leave my vote on Silverspawn, because I didn't see anything that might convince me he's innocent.

I can see I'm in serious trouble.

Well that bought you 24 more hours in which you can avoid engaging with any of the actual arguments ;-)

Seriously, though, what do you think of Iguana's play so far this game? He's now got me and RR voting for him, with Calamitas also at least using the word "suspicious".

I can neither confirm nor deny that I find igu scummy. If I say that I find him scummy, he'll get mad at me and we'll have a lot of unproductive drama. If I say that I don't find him scummy, that might or might not be true.

I liked that things were happening. They should continue to happen.

This is literally true

I have suspicion but I think revealing it would be detrimental

imaginary vote: hidden player

The suspicion is Joseph largely based on ignoring my behavior, and explaining it was at that point detrimental because I wanted to see if he comments later first. Turns out he did not.

Also, SS is acting weird.

Aw, thanks! It means a lot.

It is good to be weird. Sole reason we're having this discussion.

Any other post?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: August 24, 2016, 08:22:35 pm »

I'd rather lynch Mail-mi than silver I think.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 24, 2016, 08:26:05 pm »

Thank you. unvote.

I'd rather lynch Mail-mi than silver I think.

reasons plz?

Here's a problem I have: i'm too willing to believe people IRL. and it translates to mafia too. that's why i sheep people a lot, because it's hard to find scum on my own, because i am too willing to believe. I wouldn't call it gullible, but eh.

Anyway. I have too many townreads now. hm...

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 24, 2016, 08:29:06 pm »

Just reread joseph. His posts have more alignment content than you are saying, silver. could lynch if necessary, but not preferred.

off to do seprix again to see.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 24, 2016, 08:37:10 pm »

Okay, I'm gonna go back to a vote: seprix. Here's my reason: he has been online since his last post, and hasn't said a thing in this game. He also has not answered RR's question as to how certain he is, which is much more a scum trait than a town one. Town wants to provide as much content and answers that they can. Scum are the ones to avoid questions, because they don't want to be found out as lying.

this is back to L-1.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 24, 2016, 08:47:30 pm »

Just reread joseph. His posts have more alignment content than you are saying, silver.

What? :o

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 24, 2016, 08:47:59 pm »

vote: LaLight

How about this?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 24, 2016, 08:51:47 pm »

DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 24, 2016, 08:55:37 pm »

Just reread joseph. His posts have more alignment content than you are saying, silver.

What? :o

Vote: Seprix because L-1 is scummy, and easily leads to mislynches. Especially with lots of new(ish) players.

FWIW, I am becoming more comfortable with my vote on seprix.

I'm happy enough to not lynch Calamitas.
Per the above, big long posts on D1 as scum on your first online game would be incredibly risky, so probably town.
Also, lots of posting = good, so we should be encouraging it.

PPE: 1

And my current tentative reads are:

Won't lynch D1:
Calamitas
ii
Most other new players (newbie pass)

Most likely to lynch:
Seprix
RR

PPE: 1

My reads/lynch options:

1. silverspawn - null read, could lynch
2. Calamitas - seems towny + newbie pass
3. Seprix - never seems towny to me, could definitely lynch
4. Roadrunner7671 - ditto, although I prefer Seprix > RR
5. Iguanaiguana - seems kind of towny
6. Mail-mi - null read, could lynch
7. SpaceAnemone - mild town read + newbie pass
8. LaLight - null read but newbie pass
9. Joseph2302 - town for sure

Yh my maths is crap.
Town points to ss for wanting to stop my nonsense, and talk useful things instead.

I have no guarantee of any availability before the deadline.

I like my vote where it is right now.

It's not that much, but I think it's more than you're trying to say. It's only 7/33, but his math takes up a huge chunk of that, which was a lot of posts in a short amount of time. and i think the attempt at math makes him look more towny than scummy, but that's just a gut read.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 24, 2016, 08:55:53 pm »

How about this?

I could. would rather see if seprix takes off.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 24, 2016, 09:16:29 pm »

Respond to MailMi or I have intent to hammer.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 24, 2016, 09:21:27 pm »

Okay, I'm gonna go back to a vote: seprix. Here's my reason: he has been online since his last post, and hasn't said a thing in this game. He also has not answered RR's question as to how certain he is, which is much more a scum trait than a town one. Town wants to provide as much content and answers that they can. Scum are the ones to avoid questions, because they don't want to be found out as lying.

this is back to L-1.

This is an actual good case against Seprix. I didn't realize he was acti-lurking. That's not in his town meta. His not responding to that and just switching his vote to LaLight is even scummier. Maybe I was wrong?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 24, 2016, 09:37:54 pm »

Meh. The last two are after I called him out, and the first three are about Seprix which I disagree with.

Although he was a bit too absent this game. Maybe he isn't the worst lynch

And there's only one scum buddy, so "too many people want it" isn't really an argument. Hm.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 24, 2016, 09:38:46 pm »

Off to sleep though, gonna reread Sperix later to see.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 24, 2016, 09:43:15 pm »

Then hammer, scum.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 24, 2016, 09:59:34 pm »

Then hammer, scum.

Ugh.

When this game is over, I am going to quote this statement again, to prove to you that you were wrong, make you eat your words, and hopefully question every piece of the faulty metric by which you currently sort scum from town.

You shoot yourself in the foot at the end of every single day. You have obvious paths out from being lynched and do not take them. I am not going to participate in it. I refuse to hammer you. I've seen you do this as town too many times.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.