Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 47  All

Author Topic: M85: Olympics Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 113357 times)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
Re: M85: Olympics Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #250 on: August 22, 2016, 01:41:01 pm »

FYI: Seprix has put me at an unnanounced L-1.

I imagine because he is a good and careful player, who always does a good job of things.
Seprix, please try & play a game where you don't do something scummy.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 22, 2016, 01:44:17 pm »

I take credit for creating this rule

Okay, is there any chance Silver's coloured fonts or pictures or imaginary votes are breadcrummy or helpful or anything other than a bizarre set of distractions to lead us away from useful game-play?
Absolutely not. There is a 0% chance of breadcrumbing D1, and as we can all see they're not helpful
Agree, ss is being unhelpful by not providing anything.
Which is a shame, because we needs active posters in this game, and I thought he might be one.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 22, 2016, 01:45:39 pm »

request prod on Joseph
Prod not needed.
I was barely over the 24 anyways.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 22, 2016, 01:47:29 pm »

Vote: Seprix because L-1 is scummy, and easily leads to mislynches. Especially with lots of new(ish) players.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 22, 2016, 01:49:42 pm »

I take credit for creating this rule

Okay, is there any chance Silver's coloured fonts or pictures or imaginary votes are breadcrummy or helpful or anything other than a bizarre set of distractions to lead us away from useful game-play?
Might be the case but not sure which kind of steganography he might have used.

I thought steganography was explicitly forbidden, but I can't find a reference for that just now.

With a jpeg image like the most recent one he posted, if you can find a library that gives you access to the DCT coefficients, you can analyse the statistics of them as a way of looking for steganographoic tampering, since conceptually that's the easiest place to bury information. But I'm guessing it would be a big waste of time in this instance because Silver is just flat-out messing with us. Steganography is neat, though :-)
Steganography is not limited to pictures, everu breadcrump is some kind of steganography. Actually, the picture version was the reason I asked about the exact limitations of posting pictures ;-)
But since media you create (and manipulate for integration information) is forbidden, there is no reason to look for sth.  like that.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: August 22, 2016, 01:54:14 pm »

I imagine because he is a good and careful player, who always does a good job of things.

This from you. But besides that, why don't you tell me how not to play a scummy game. I'll take it into consideration.

Vote: Seprix because L-1 is scummy, and easily leads to mislynches. Especially with lots of new(ish) players.

This is a bad vote, and you know it.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 22, 2016, 02:05:54 pm »

I agree.

But this is a good vote.

I'd vote for Joseph now but I'm curious what the next vote count will look like vote: Joseph

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 22, 2016, 02:46:16 pm »

This from you. But besides that, why don't you tell me how not to play a scummy game. I'll take it into consideration.
See the last mafia game we were in- I played towny all game, even though I was scum.

Pretty sure it isn't.
Voting for anti-town person is good.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 22, 2016, 02:48:24 pm »

FWIW, I am becoming more comfortable with my vote on seprix.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 22, 2016, 03:01:26 pm »

vote: Joseph

Your play is unbelievably bad.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 22, 2016, 03:12:03 pm »

+1
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 22, 2016, 03:31:02 pm »

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 22, 2016, 03:45:05 pm »

Not sure what to make of all this. Seprix L-1 vote was surely strange, especially since the most recent Vote count was only 11 posts before his vote. IMO there are two possible explanations for that behavior:

1. (And far more likely): He just made a mistake, could be the case with either alignment. Therefore I wouldn't rate that as particular scummy (nor towny) since it is surely drawing attention towards him which is not helpful in either case.

2. (Don't know if it fits to Seprix previous behavior): He actually wanted to draw attention away from iguana. As you can see, two unvoted right after his vote and attention moved towards a Joseph-Seprix "bad-play" claim feast. Obviously that would only make sense if iguana and seprix form the mafia (or I am missing sth.). Haven't looked up the thread for previous hints in that direction, will do so later.

For now, my vote will remain on iguana since the previous arguments that convinced me to do so are still valid.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 22, 2016, 04:08:00 pm »

What a bunch of confirmation bias.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 22, 2016, 04:08:42 pm »

Not sure what to make of all this. Seprix L-1 vote was surely strange, especially since the most recent Vote count was only 11 posts before his vote. IMO there are two possible explanations for that behavior:

1. (And far more likely): He just made a mistake, could be the case with either alignment. Therefore I wouldn't rate that as particular scummy (nor towny) since it is surely drawing attention towards him which is not helpful in either case.

2. (Don't know if it fits to Seprix previous behavior): He actually wanted to draw attention away from iguana. As you can see, two unvoted right after his vote and attention moved towards a Joseph-Seprix "bad-play" claim feast. Obviously that would only make sense if iguana and seprix form the mafia (or I am missing sth.). Haven't looked up the thread for previous hints in that direction, will do so later.

For now, my vote will remain on iguana since the previous arguments that convinced me to do so are still valid.

Interesting idea, that I could be distracting from Iguana. That's a deepish move, one I am not capable of.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 22, 2016, 04:22:03 pm »

Seprix has not been scummy and the votes on him are bad. Once again, he does things like this as town all the time. I have not played a game where he was scum, but I would expect him to actually be more careful when he has more information to work with. His blunders are an indication that he is town. Read any of his games.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 22, 2016, 04:27:18 pm »

Seprix has not been scummy and the votes on him are bad. Once again, he does things like this as town all the time. I have not played a game where he was scum, but I would expect him to actually be more careful when he has more information to work with. His blunders are an indication that he is town. Read any of his games.
What do the others, more experienced players (especially silver, mail und Roadrunner) think?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 22, 2016, 04:30:31 pm »

+1

Scum is probably among this group. It's all just empty agreement and sheeping. Scum loves to see this kind of case and reaction.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 22, 2016, 04:32:12 pm »

Joseph played like an emotionless Awaclus-bot last time, and he ended up being scum. However, that might just also be his new 'style', so I could count it out, at least for now. So unvote, but I'd be fine with a Joseph lynch. I think we lynch among these three people today:

Joseph
Mail-mi
LaLight

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 22, 2016, 04:42:11 pm »

Joseph played like an emotionless Awaclus-bot last time, and he ended up being scum. However, that might just also be his new 'style', so I could count it out, at least for now. So unvote, but I'd be fine with a Joseph lynch. I think we lynch among these three people today:

Joseph
Mail-mi
LaLight

In other words, what you're saying is

"Oh my gosh, everyone who suspects me, you all suck."
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: August 22, 2016, 04:50:59 pm »

Joseph
Mail-mi
LaLight

No. If their cases were good, I'd understand. As it stands, their case is awful awfuf awful.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 22, 2016, 05:03:27 pm »

Joseph
Mail-mi
LaLight

A few posts ago you were harshly defending Seprix. Did the post from above change and is that something Seprix has not "done many times as town" ?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 22, 2016, 05:05:04 pm »

Joseph
Mail-mi
LaLight

A few posts ago you were harshly defending Seprix. Did the post from above change and is that something Seprix has not "done many times as town" ?

Iguana is confusing me as well.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 22, 2016, 05:13:37 pm »

What do the others, more experienced players (especially silver, mail und Roadrunner) think?
Woah I'm in the elite 'experienced player' group?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 22, 2016, 05:15:28 pm »

Woah I'm in the elite 'experienced player' group?
Seprix is known for making blunders, yes. But I think he does them as both alignments. Probably more so as town.

However, he is a good enough player to put Iguanaiguana at an unannounced L-1 and know everyone will be 'whatever, Seprix will do Seprix-y things.'

So I'm actually going slightly scummy on Seprix.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.