Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 47  All

Author Topic: M85: Olympics Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 113442 times)

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
Re: M85: Olympics Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #175 on: August 21, 2016, 07:22:14 am »

<b>Jospeh </b>

Either silverspawn has some information we don't and Jospeh is actuallt scum or he is basically dead (D2 lynch). Case 1 doesn't allow us testing by killing silver, we could just take an important power role of the game. If he turns out lying we should stop handling him with kid gloves and just kill him.

Wow, that's a really, really bad Scumslip.

vote: Calamitas

Stop being awful. Can I please point you to 50 places in the past where we've talked about how making a bolding mistake isn't really a scum slip? Especially day one in someone's first (I think?) mafia game where mafia hasn't even made a kill yet and every single town has had to confirm their role, and many of them did it via QT.

Good God Seprix, I will not stop correcting your horrible play until you stop doing it. Please, no more of this.
Vote: Iguanaiguana

Soon after making this post, you voted for Calamitas. Being flippity floppity is scummy
What I find suspicious is not changing his mind but changing his mind without any proper reason. He claimed to agree with silver, even though silver didn't deliver arguments and rated me as "slightly scummy" because of the argument he harshly rejected before.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 21, 2016, 07:23:12 am »

so, out of the mouths of babes and newbies (me):

I do think Calamitas and SpaceAnemone are scummy after reading people's thoughts. But I'll leave my vote on Silverspawn, because I didn't see anything that might convince me he's innocent.

If we are talking about people who IMO makes sence, that's Iguana and RR. I don't see them scummy at all. Can't say anything about Seprix yet. More like townie i suppose. 
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 21, 2016, 10:51:47 am »

I do think Calamitas and SpaceAnemone are scummy after reading people's thoughts. But I'll leave my vote on Silverspawn, because I didn't see anything that might convince me he's innocent.

I can see I'm in serious trouble.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 21, 2016, 02:01:24 pm »

Well that bought you 24 more hours in which you can avoid engaging with any of the actual arguments ;-)

Seriously, though, what do you think of Iguana's play so far this game? He's now got me and RR voting for him, with Calamitas also at least using the word "suspicious".

Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 21, 2016, 02:02:49 pm »

<b>Jospeh </b>

Either silverspawn has some information we don't and Jospeh is actuallt scum or he is basically dead (D2 lynch). Case 1 doesn't allow us testing by killing silver, we could just take an important power role of the game. If he turns out lying we should stop handling him with kid gloves and just kill him.

Wow, that's a really, really bad Scumslip.

Stop being awful. Can I please point you to 50 places in the past where we've talked about how making a bolding mistake isn't really a scum slip? Especially day one in someone's first (I think?) mafia game where mafia hasn't even made a kill yet and every single town has had to confirm their role, and many of them did it via QT.

Good God Seprix, I will not stop correcting your horrible play until you stop doing it. Please, no more of this.
Vote: Iguanaiguana

Soon after making this post, you voted for Calamitas. Being flippity floppity is scummy
What I find suspicious is not changing his mind but changing his mind without any proper reason. He claimed to agree with silver, even though silver didn't deliver arguments and rated me as "slightly scummy" because of the argument he harshly rejected before.
Yeah that's sort of what I meant. But he also seems unsure which is a thing called 'hedging,' and that's definitely scummy.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 21, 2016, 02:08:19 pm »

Well that bought you 24 more hours in which you can avoid engaging with any of the actual arguments ;-)

Seriously, though, what do you think of Iguana's play so far this game? He's now got me and RR voting for him, with Calamitas also at least using the word "suspicious".

I can neither confirm nor deny that I find igu scummy. If I say that I find him scummy, he'll get mad at me and we'll have a lot of unproductive drama. If I say that I don't find him scummy, that might or might not be true.

I liked that things were happening. They should continue to happen.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 21, 2016, 02:11:38 pm »

Seprix, I'd like to engage more with you too, since you seem like town (for the moment!). Any re-read on Igu that you could offer will probably just smack of OMGUS, though.

Do you have any town-ish reads on anyone, especially amongst the other experienced people?
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 21, 2016, 02:24:15 pm »

I've already stated my reasons.

Vote: Calamitas

Agree with silver. Town on LaLight.

Current reads

Town
mail-mi

Slight Town
RR

Slight Scum
Calamitas

How would you classify Jospehs mafia claiming? Could be a repetition of his bluff he did before and therefore be towny or an actual commitment since he might have assumed we would believe in Case 1. Levels and Levels...

This comments feels scummy. Joseph has claimed scum over 3 or 4 times in a row now. It's just how he starts his games. But something feels off about how Calamitas is drawing attention to it here. It's like he's (rather overtly) trying to draw attention away from himself and onto someone else that he feels might be easy to lynch. The tone also feels a bit forced.

By scanning through iguanas post I noticed that the only reason he "stated" was based on a quote that appeared later than his vote. Therefore the stated reason cannot by the real reason for his vote what is really suspicious.

vote: iguana

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 21, 2016, 02:29:56 pm »

I can neither confirm nor deny that I find igu scummy. If I say that I find him scummy, he'll get mad at me and we'll have a lot of unproductive drama. If I say that I don't find him scummy, that might or might not be true.

You know, RR already effectively told you to grow up once already :-)

I'm trying to make stuff happen. You're not exactly reciprocating!

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 21, 2016, 02:40:17 pm »

You know, RR already effectively told you to grow up once already :-)

I'm trying to make stuff happen. You're not exactly reciprocating!
After D1 he'll probably either get night killed or stop screwing around. But I don't like this silverspawn. He got rid of his colored fonts but he's still not the same  :'(

I originally thought he was drunk posting when he had his colored font. But I guess not.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 21, 2016, 03:05:22 pm »

After D1 he'll probably either get night killed or stop screwing around.

Well, at least some of the rest of us are making targets of ourselves too, as far as the NK goes. I'm used to playing IRL Werewolf where our win condition always includes being alive at the end, so it's novel for me to be playing a game I can theoretically win from the grave.

But I don't like this silverspawn. He got rid of his colored fonts but he's still not the same  :'(

Stay strong! It wasn't even that nice a colour anyway...

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 21, 2016, 03:11:16 pm »

Well, at least some of the rest of us are making targets of ourselves too, as far as the NK goes. I'm used to playing IRL Werewolf where our win condition always includes being alive at the end, so it's novel for me to be playing a game I can theoretically win from the grave.

But I don't like this silverspawn. He got rid of his colored fonts but he's still not the same  :'(

Isn't playing with "stay alive or lose" taking away the teamplay part away from the game? Self sacrificing by claiming to be the seer/other PRs with additional info (after gathering info) becomes impossible for example.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 21, 2016, 03:12:20 pm »

Isn't playing with "stay alive or lose" taking away the teamplay part away from the game? Self sacrificing by claiming to be the seer/other PRs with additional info (after gathering info) becomes impossible for example.
When I've played Werewolves the wincon has been 'the town wins' or 'the werewolves win.' Survival is not key.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 21, 2016, 03:14:23 pm »

When I've played Werewolves the wincon has been 'the town wins' or 'the werewolves win.' Survival is not key.
Exactly.

But back to the topic, what do you think about LaLight and Seprix? Can't estimate them at all right now.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 21, 2016, 03:20:49 pm »

Exactly.

But back to the topic, what do you think about LaLight and Seprix? Can't estimate them at all right now.
I've been playing Codenames with LaLight, he seems to be slightly flustered/overwhelmed town. Seprix is pretty null, trying to turn your 'slip' into a thing is either a towny blunder or a scummy thing, I'm not sure which yet.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 21, 2016, 03:26:30 pm »

We never got to know the role or alignment of dead characters, so wolves could claim to be seers or whatever if they were reasonably confident the real one was dead. There were quite a few other game mechanic differences, but it all balanced well, and was a really enjoyable game. That's why, when Haddock started telling me about his online mafia exploits, I was keen to take a look... so here I am.

Aaaaanyway, back to the present! My read on you feels very high-variance... just because I dislike so many of the oldies jumping on your wagon doesn't mean I'm not watching you too. Your post in #175 is essentially a re-wording of my suspicion in #171, but without acknowledging me at all. OTOH, LaLight seems to be tarring the two of us with almost the same brush in #176, and I know where I'm coming from at least!

Ooops... some PPEs to address too maybe.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 21, 2016, 06:41:55 pm »

I've been playing Codenames with LaLight, he seems to be slightly flustered/overwhelmed town.

I'm not familiar with Codenames. Does it give you any insight into his character or play beyond what the rest of us can observe in the thread here?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 21, 2016, 06:47:00 pm »

I've been playing Codenames with LaLight, he seems to be slightly flustered/overwhelmed town.

I'm not familiar with Codenames. Does it give you any insight into his character or play beyond what the rest of us can observe in the thread here?
Well he's not a native English speaker (but a lot of people aren't) but I'd say he's a pretty bright guy. I doubt he'd scumslip as scum.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 21, 2016, 06:54:06 pm »

Vote Count 1.2

silverspawn (1): LaLight
iguanaiguana (3): SpaceAnemone, RoadRunner7671, Calamitas
Calamitas (3): Seprix, silverspawn, iguanaiguana
Seprix (1): mail-mi

Not Voting (2): Joseph2302

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.  Day 1 ends at noon on Thursday, August 25

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 21, 2016, 07:04:44 pm »

Well he's not a native English speaker (but a lot of people aren't) but I'd say he's a pretty bright guy. I doubt he'd scumslip as scum.

I'd picked up on that, but I don't think it's something that will cause issues. Is anyone else in this game a non-native speaker?

I think most people around here are pretty bright, but scumslips seem to happen anyway :-) Now that Haddock's game is starting too, perhaps we'll get lucky and have some extra-confused scum!

If only most people around here were bright and chatty...

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 21, 2016, 07:18:17 pm »

I'd picked up on that, but I don't think it's something that will cause issues. Is anyone else in this game a non-native speaker?

I think most people around here are pretty bright, but scumslips seem to happen anyway :-) Now that Haddock's game is starting too, perhaps we'll get lucky and have some extra-confused scum!

If only most people around here were bright and chatty...
I am not a native-speaker as well but it shouldn't cause any trouble.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 21, 2016, 08:10:06 pm »

My thoughts so far this game on Calamitas as they developed: 

<b>Jospeh </b>

I found the content of this post to be a scummy entrance. The language is very strong for an entrance post commenting on RVS and I continue to feel that the tone is off. It reads to me like someone trying to make up guesses on things where he already knows the answers.

When I read the statement, three people had already voted for Calamitas, two of them for the bolding mistake. If I had voted him at this point, it would have put him at L-1. That seemed like a dangerous place to put anyone so early in the game, so I refrained from voting or from even commenting on the scummy nature of the post at the time.

Vote: Jospeh

He fixes the bolding mistake, but still has a typo. Whoever this person is, he's not being very careful and is rushing out these posts. Slight town overall, as town tends to be more careful than scum, but more meta would be helpful here.

Current reads

Town
mail-mi

Slight Town
RR

Slight Scum
Calamitas

How would you classify Jospehs mafia claiming? Could be a repetition of his bluff he did before and therefore be towny or an actual commitment since he might have assumed we would believe in Case 1. Levels and Levels...

I already commented on how I found this post scummy. silverspawn votes for him, and he responds by asking silverspawn what he thinks of Joseph and ignoring the vote on him. It felt off. This post, plus the fact that people were moving their votes off of Calamitas for the bolding mistake issue, made me feel comfortable enough placing my vote on him. My thinking: no risk of an undue early end of day from a derphammer, so may as well put my vote on the scummiest player.

That people found it strange for me to vote for a player I had just defended is understandable. My explanation is that I was not defending Calamitas. I was only pointing out that his bolding mistake was not a good reason to vote for him.

Imo, RR just telling his thoughts whereas leadership is another thing. So, i wanted to say, that it's ok for me to listen and think, but not okay to follow smbd. As yet

What do you think of Seprix? Scummy as mail-mi says?
IMO maybe slightly
He made the "Angular brackets - quicktopic - Mafia kill/PR" connection even though there hasn't been kills/PRs in N0 and even though quicktopic isn't by far the likeliest place one would come in touch with angular brackets. But I am not sure if this makes him town or scum, scum might be more careful in such situations (or that is WIFOM).
Additionally, he was against claiming role names and argued it would give scum information even though it is irrelevant and could be an attempt to appear innocent. But again, wouldn't scum be more careful since it wasn't subtle at all.
So, concluding I would say that he appears slightly scummy but definitely not enough to do anything on that front.

Scummy post. Hedging and calling a player scummy but not enough to vote for is a scummy stance to take.

I've already stated my reasons.

Vote: Calamitas

Agree with silver. Town on LaLight.

Current reads

Town
mail-mi

Slight Town
RR

Slight Scum
Calamitas

This comments feels scummy. Joseph has claimed scum over 3 or 4 times in a row now. It's just how he starts his games. But something feels off about how Calamitas is drawing attention to it here. It's like he's (rather overtly) trying to draw attention away from himself and onto someone else that he feels might be easy to lynch. The tone also feels a bit forced.

By scanning through iguanas post I noticed that the only reason he "stated" was based on a quote that appeared later than his vote. Therefore the stated reason cannot by the real reason for his vote what is really suspicious.

vote: iguana

Not sure if this is a deliberate misunderstanding or just Calamitas being wrong, but he's misrepresenting me here. I'd already given a reason at the time that I made the post "I've already stated my reasons." That post is #168. My first reasoning for voting Calamitas is stated at #158.

I don't actually know if I find this scummy. I probably would have 5 games ago, but I don't know if scum actually deliberately misunderstands someone to make a case against them at this point in the game. I think this might just be sloppy play.

So overall, I'm still just leaning slight scum on Calamitas and pretty null on most other players.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 21, 2016, 08:15:47 pm »

Looking at things more closely, more town on SpaceAnenome. Let's not lynch that one today.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 21, 2016, 08:24:41 pm »

Is anyone else in this game a non-native speaker?

hai

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 21, 2016, 08:38:30 pm »

I have suspicion but I think revealing it would be detrimental

imaginary vote: hidden player
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.328 seconds with 21 queries.