Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47  All

Author Topic: M85: Olympics Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 113445 times)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
Re: M85: Olympics Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #150 on: August 20, 2016, 02:46:03 am »

Silverspawn: Every single post he's made. Like I said, he's the only veteran. He has to be a leader.

Uh, yes you did.
A leader. Not the leader
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 20, 2016, 03:45:50 am »

why do we even need a leader? For now I see that RR makes sense and sums up everything everybody say. It looks good, it gives info to newbies. Leader? Why? How can we know for certainty leader is not scum?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 20, 2016, 04:43:31 am »

why do we even need a leader? For now I see that RR makes sense

That's interesting, because I don't see that at all.

You're contradicting yourself, too. RR is the only one spouting the leader talk. You disagree, yet you say he makes sense.

Also clearly I'm not the only vet since mail-mi has been around in my first game and before.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 20, 2016, 04:49:08 am »

Imo, RR just telling his thoughts whereas leadership is another thing. So, i wanted to say, that it's ok for me to listen and think, but not okay to follow smbd. As yet
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 20, 2016, 04:50:12 am »

Imo, RR just telling his thoughts whereas leadership is another thing. So, i wanted to say, that it's ok for me to listen and think, but not okay to follow smbd. As yet

What do you think of Seprix? Scummy as mail-mi says?

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 20, 2016, 06:27:56 am »

IMO maybe slightly
He made the "Angular brackets - quicktopic - Mafia kill/PR" connection even though there hasn't been kills/PRs in N0 and even though quicktopic isn't by far the likeliest place one would come in touch with angular brackets. But I am not sure if this makes him town or scum, scum might be more careful in such situations (or that is WIFOM).
Additionally, he was against claiming role names and argued it would give scum information even though it is irrelevant and could be an attempt to appear innocent. But again, wouldn't scum be more careful since it wasn't subtle at all.
So, concluding I would say that he appears slightly scummy but definitely not enough to do anything on that front.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 20, 2016, 06:29:19 am »

unvote

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 20, 2016, 10:01:13 am »

Seprix is the most scummy one so far, I think.

LaLight really seems genuine, so townie points there.

RR: why does ss have to be leader? This seems like it could be a set up for "we mislynched, but I was just sheeping the leader, so it's not my fault!"

But I really don't like Seprix's play so far. It just feels wrong. vote: seprix

I'm going to have to ask you to back up your claims.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 20, 2016, 10:32:43 am »

Current reads

Town
mail-mi

Slight Town
RR

Slight Scum
Calamitas

vote: Calamitas
How would you classify Jospehs mafia claiming? Could be a repetition of his bluff he did before and therefore be towny or an actual commitment since he might have assumed we would believe in Case 1. Levels and Levels...

This comments feels scummy. Joseph has claimed scum over 3 or 4 times in a row now. It's just how he starts his games. But something feels off about how Calamitas is drawing attention to it here. It's like he's (rather overtly) trying to draw attention away from himself and onto someone else that he feels might be easy to lynch. The tone also feels a bit forced.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 20, 2016, 10:34:57 am »

It's his Awaclus impression that he loves doing. He's stopped trying as of late. Usually Iguana doesn't try until later, but that might be more reflective on his home life and being busy than town/scum dichotomy. I don't know. I'd give a slight scum read on his aggression, since solvy Iguana comes with information, and scum has all the information D1.

This reads like you once read about Iguana Iguana in a textbook and are trying really hard to recite the definition.

For the record, I do not intend to play sloppy this game. That much should be clear by now.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 20, 2016, 10:36:24 am »

why do we even need a leader? For now I see that RR makes sense and sums up everything everybody say. It looks good, it gives info to newbies. Leader? Why? How can we know for certainty leader is not scum?

We can't. The only reason to sheep (follow) someone is if you are convinced they are town and they are correct.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 20, 2016, 10:37:10 am »

IMO maybe slightly
He made the "Angular brackets - quicktopic - Mafia kill/PR" connection even though there hasn't been kills/PRs in N0 and even though quicktopic isn't by far the likeliest place one would come in touch with angular brackets. But I am not sure if this makes him town or scum, scum might be more careful in such situations (or that is WIFOM).
Additionally, he was against claiming role names and argued it would give scum information even though it is irrelevant and could be an attempt to appear innocent. But again, wouldn't scum be more careful since it wasn't subtle at all.
So, concluding I would say that he appears slightly scummy but definitely not enough to do anything on that front.

Seprix has done things like this so many times as town that I absolutely refuse to scumread him for it this early in the game.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 20, 2016, 10:54:21 am »

IMO maybe slightly

Seprix has done things like this so many times as town that I absolutely refuse to scumread him for it this early in the game.
Okay, thats fine. I don't have knowledge about previous behaviour, so I cannot take that into account for my reasoning.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 20, 2016, 11:04:09 am »

Current reads

Town
mail-mi

Slight Town
RR

Slight Scum
Calamitas

How would you classify Jospehs mafia claiming? Could be a repetition of his bluff he did before and therefore be towny or an actual commitment since he might have assumed we would believe in Case 1. Levels and Levels...

This comments feels scummy. Joseph has claimed scum over 3 or 4 times in a row now. It's just how he starts his games. But something feels off about how Calamitas is drawing attention to it here. It's like he's (rather overtly) trying to draw attention away from himself and onto someone else that he feels might be easy to lynch. The tone also feels a bit forced.
My intention was getting an experienced player to comment on that action by Jospeh. I didn't know to much about his previous behavior (excpexcept him pulling that off at least once) and therefore couldn't estimate it. If he's really doing it every time it's obvious that it is irrelevant.
And attention wasn't that time on me, the discussion of my "scumslip" has ended slightly before that comment.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 20, 2016, 11:45:03 am »

I'm not liking the Calamitas wagon just now, especially with the number of experienced players on it. Iguana, you joined last, apparently just following Silver, who didn't really post any particular arguments. What's your personal reasoning? I'm kind of feeling like my random vote might not be in a terrible place after all...

(Phone posting from a train with limited data connectivity... hope this works!)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 20, 2016, 12:43:30 pm »

I've already stated my reasons.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 20, 2016, 12:45:09 pm »

IMO maybe slightly

Okay, thats fine. I don't have knowledge about previous behaviour, so I cannot take that into account for my reasoning.

I don't fault you for your read on Seprix but these kinds of misunderstandings need to be cleared up or we will just end up lynching him and if we lynch him I'd like it to be because he's scum and not because he's Seprix.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 20, 2016, 12:47:36 pm »

Current reads

Town
mail-mi

Slight Town
RR

Slight Scum
Calamitas

My intention was getting an experienced player to comment on that action by Jospeh. I didn't know to much about his previous behavior (excpexcept him pulling that off at least once) and therefore couldn't estimate it. If he's really doing it every time it's obvious that it is irrelevant.
And attention wasn't that time on me, the discussion of my "scumslip" has ended slightly before that comment.

What concerns me about your post is that you respond to a vote on you by casting shade on another player. Attention is certainly on you; you are the only player with multiple votes.

At any rate, Joseph has claimed scum at least in the last three games as his opening. In the first game, he was town. In the second game, he was scum. Then this one. Lots of discussion around in his scum claim in both of those recent games, which didn't really amount to much. I don't like his claiming scum. It gives scum an easy thing to hide behind and talk about without looking suspicious, but hey, I can't control what he says.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 20, 2016, 12:48:32 pm »

I'm not liking the Calamitas wagon just now, especially with the number of experienced players on it. Iguana, you joined last, apparently just following Silver, who didn't really post any particular arguments. What's your personal reasoning? I'm kind of feeling like my random vote might not be in a terrible place after all...

(Phone posting from a train with limited data connectivity... hope this works!)

Please do keep your vote on the only active player in the game. That seems productive and not scummy at all!

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 20, 2016, 02:30:03 pm »

IMO maybe slightly

How can I improve my play then? It's not like I 'try' to play bad, and I want to be proactive.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 20, 2016, 02:49:23 pm »

<b>Jospeh </b>

Either silverspawn has some information we don't and Jospeh is actuallt scum or he is basically dead (D2 lynch). Case 1 doesn't allow us testing by killing silver, we could just take an important power role of the game. If he turns out lying we should stop handling him with kid gloves and just kill him.

Wow, that's a really, really bad Scumslip.

Stop being awful. Can I please point you to 50 places in the past where we've talked about how making a bolding mistake isn't really a scum slip? Especially day one in someone's first (I think?) mafia game where mafia hasn't even made a kill yet and every single town has had to confirm their role, and many of them did it via QT.

Good God Seprix, I will not stop correcting your horrible play until you stop doing it. Please, no more of this.
Vote: Iguanaiguana

Soon after making this post, you voted for Calamitas. Being flippity floppity is scummy
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 20, 2016, 05:18:11 pm »

Please do keep your vote on the only active player in the game. That seems productive and not scummy at all!

I'm keeping it there because one vote on you isn't doing a lot of harm, other than signalling my mild suspicion now I've said I'm purposefully leaving it after RVS seems to have petered out. Your original reason for voting Calamitas was stated in post #124 as "Agree with Silver". Since then your full argument against him, as far as I can see, is the scummy read you mention in #158. Compare that to #165 where you say you've already stated your reasons, and I feel like it's not really all that strong a case.

FWIW, my opinion on Calamitas at present is that they're a newbie who's flustered by a rather severe reaction to the angle bracket thing, and may be defensive but that doesn't mean much. Unless we've got a scumteam of Calamitas and LaLight, scum!Calamitas would have a more experienced player telling them how to handle things, wouldn't they?

I feel like Seprix is playing as an antagonistic frustrated towny, which seems to be exactly his meta. RR isn't someone I could get a read on in any of the other games I've been through. Silver feels too oddball here to be seriously scum, but I may be made to eat my words if I don't hedge on that a bit...
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 20, 2016, 06:27:42 pm »

Catching up tomorrow
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 21, 2016, 06:57:40 am »

why do we even need a leader? For now I see that RR makes sense

That's interesting, because I don't see that at all.

You're contradicting yourself, too. RR is the only one spouting the leader talk. You disagree, yet you say he makes sense.

Also clearly I'm not the only vet since mail-mi has been around in my first game and before.
We don't necessarily need a "leader" as such.
Just at least 1-2 people who continue posting lots of content to keep the game moving.
Not having any of them means the game is more likely to stall, and no-one contribute.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 21, 2016, 06:59:15 am »

And nothing notable seems to have actually happened- that was a short reread.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.