Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47  All

Author Topic: M85: Olympics Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 113368 times)

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
Re: M85: Olympics Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2016, 06:39:43 am »

Current reads

Town
mail-mi

Slight Town
RR

Slight Scum
Calamitas

vote: Calamitas
How would you classify Jospehs mafia claiming? Could be a repetition of his bluff he did before and therefore be towny or an actual commitment since he might have assumed we would believe in Case 1. Levels and Levels...
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2016, 06:42:28 am »

Vote: Calamitas

Agree with silver. Town on LaLight.

Wow, this is actual wagons already, isn't it?

Nobody's commenting on the lack of the word "vote" in Calamitas' "scum-tell" post. Does it mean anything to those of you who're more experienced?

To me it's just an obvious omission, and makes the overall post look more hasty than anything else. I agree that angle brackets themselves aren't a big deal -- I've written a lot of html in my time, so I would naturally default to angle brackets for markup too.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2016, 07:03:34 am »

Silverspawn: Every single post he's made. Like I said, he's the only veteran. He has to be a leader.

Saying he's the only veteran is a strong claim that feels like it's intended to sway newbies in a direction that might have us sheeping Silver. I'd like to encourage against that: I've read a few games, including play by Seprix and Iguana as well as RR and Silver, so I know there's more other experience here than this post would have us believe.

People I know nothing about are LaLight and Calamitas, who I think are my fellow total newbies. Mail-mi, have you played in other games before this one?
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2016, 07:54:37 am »

Silverspawn: Every single post he's made. Like I said, he's the only veteran. He has to be a leader.

Saying he's the only veteran is a strong claim that feels like it's intended to sway newbies in a direction that might have us sheeping Silver. I'd like to encourage against that: I've read a few games, including play by Seprix and Iguana as well as RR and Silver, so I know there's more other experience here than this post would have us believe.

People I know nothing about are LaLight and Calamitas, who I think are my fellow total newbies. Mail-mi, have you played in other games before this one?

Yeah it's me first game. I'm glad I'm not alone!
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2016, 08:00:35 am »

I believe Roadrunner still considers himself to be a newbie, and only has a high enough opinion of a select few players to call them veterans. This kind of a comment from him is probably not a scum tell.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2016, 11:56:41 am »

Vote Count 1.1

silverspawn (1): LaLight
iguanaiguana (1): SpaceAnemone
Joseph2302 (2): RR, Calamitas
Calamitas (3): Seprix, silverspawn, iguanaiguana

Not Voting (2): mail-mi, Joseph2302

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.  Day 1 ends at noon on Thursday, August 25

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2016, 12:00:41 pm »

Okay, not to offend anyone, but silverspawn is the only veteran here. No 2.7, no Awaclus, no Yuma, no people like Jan from othet sites, no ashersky, no Faust, no problem

Actually mail-mi might be. But I can't determine that D1.

So this means that we (meaning everyone minus ss and maybe mail-mi) need to step up our games! Stuff won't get done unless we make it happen! We gotta be active, guys! We gotta chat! Small games are really bad about slowing down, and I don't want that to happen after my short Mafia break!
I'm reasonably experienced, albeit I'm crazy.

But I agree, there's a lot of new people here.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 19, 2016, 12:12:30 pm »

Don't you find that erratic play makes people generally more suspicious of you? Why do people tend to want to keep you alive?

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 19, 2016, 12:53:09 pm »

Don't you find that erratic play makes people generally more suspicious of you? Why do people tend to want to keep you alive?
I kept getting killed early initially, but now scum like to keep me alive, as I seem like an easy mislynch target.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 19, 2016, 12:53:34 pm »

Also, I'm busy pretty solidly until Sunday, so limited posting for me on this.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2016, 12:58:17 pm »

I kept getting killed early initially, but now scum like to keep me alive, as I seem like an easy mislynch target.
Makes sense, but why would you make your strategy public? Isn't that nullifying the original effect?
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2016, 01:29:12 pm »

Ya. I'm older than ss. I just took a BIG break for school tho.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2016, 01:31:23 pm »

wait, you're a vet? I retreat my townread. I thought you were new.

Mh, actually I should have known better. You were the IC in my first game I believe.

Are you the player who said he doesn't want to put too much effort into the game because he plays it for fun, and it shouldn't feel like work? Or am I confusing something?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2016, 01:32:02 pm »

so RR, what do you think about the scum slip?

Seprix, does igu's aggression make him scum or town?
I can answer these.

After iguana's post and Calamitas' explanation, it seems more like an innocent mistake. Doesn't make him towns, tho.

I think iguana seems more like frustrated town than scum.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2016, 01:32:25 pm »

wait, you're a vet? I retreat my townread. I thought you were new.

Mh, actually I should have known better. You were the IC in my first game I believe.

Are you the player who said he doesn't want to put too much effort into the game because he plays it for fun, and it shouldn't feel like work? Or am I confusing something?

Yep. That's me.  ;)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2016, 01:33:26 pm »

Okay, not to offend anyone, but silverspawn is the only veteran here. No 2.7, no Awaclus, no Yuma, no people like Jan from othet sites, no ashersky, no Faust, no problem

I'm a veteran. Being a veteran doesn't mean you're any good; it simply means you've played for awhile.

so RR, what do you think about the scum slip?

Seprix, does igu's aggression make him scum or town?

It's his Awaclus impression that he loves doing. He's stopped trying as of late. Usually Iguana doesn't try until later, but that might be more reflective on his home life and being busy than town/scum dichotomy. I don't know. I'd give a slight scum read on his aggression, since solvy Iguana comes with information, and scum has all the information D1.

Don't think like this. It is very dangerous. Silverspawn is a double-edged sword. Firstly, he can easily be scum and look town. He's done it before, and he's had a nice long string of scum games whilst looking like a leader and towny to prove my point. Secondly, if he is town, he's going to die real fast, and then bye-bye leadership. Simply formulate your own play. Don't rely on others.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2016, 01:59:25 pm »

I don't think there's a consensus on what 'leader' means, so... the only scenario where it's okay or even correct to blindly sheep someone is if they are confirmed town.

since I am town here, you can still sheep me, though. It will be bad play in theory, but turned out to have been good in retrospect.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2016, 02:00:02 pm »

that was future past. and I didn't even use the right grammar.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 20, 2016, 02:25:16 am »

Makes sense, but why would you make your strategy public? Isn't that nullifying the original effect?
This is a concept called Wine in Front of Me (or WIFOM), a reference from the Princess Bride
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 20, 2016, 02:31:54 am »

Seprix is the most scummy one so far, I think.

LaLight really seems genuine, so townie points there.

RR: why does ss have to be leader? This seems like it could be a set up for "we mislynched, but I was just sheeping the leader, so it's not my fault!"

But I really don't like Seprix's play so far. It just feels wrong. vote: seprix

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 20, 2016, 02:33:55 am »

I believe Roadrunner still considers himself to be a newbie, and only has a high enough opinion of a select few players to call them veterans. This kind of a comment from him is probably not a scum tell.
Come on.

Let's look at the players
LaLight: I know he's a newb
Roadrunner: I'm definitely not a veteran by any stretch!
Iguana iguana: I havr a high opinion, I just don't consider you a veteran
Mail-Mi: I didn't know
Silver spawn: He's a vetetan by my definition
Calamitas: He's a newb too
Space: See Calamitas and LaLight
Seprix: Maybe I'd call him a veteran if he didn't play so much like me. I still have a high opinion of him though
Joseph: See Seprix

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 20, 2016, 02:35:01 am »

Seprix is the most scummy one so far, I think.

LaLight really seems genuine, so townie points there.

RR: why does ss have to be leader? This seems like it could be a set up for "we mislynched, but I was just sheeping the leader, so it's not my fault!"

But I really don't like Seprix's play so far. It just feels wrong. vote: seprix
I didn't say he was supposed to be a leader. I said that he needed to stop being mysterious and using bold, colored fonts. I do not think anyone should sheep silverspawn just because he's a veteran

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2016, 02:38:55 am »

Hi.

I'm scum again.
I still don't like this.

Joseph: Why? Why do you do this?  :'(

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2016, 02:41:49 am »

Uh, yes you did.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2016, 02:42:26 am »

Uh, yes you did.

This was in response to 146, btw

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.