Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 47  All

Author Topic: M85: Olympics Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 113418 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: M85: Olympics Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #325 on: August 23, 2016, 05:36:15 pm »

Reading the set-up again, it looks like we're a small enough game that if there's no lynch consensus, we lose out on the chance to kill scum today. Does this stuff normally run right up to the deadline? I guess I haven't quite had the sense of urgency from just reading games so far...
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 23, 2016, 05:40:56 pm »

Don't know what seprix and rr are talking about. Town points to iguana.

In fact, rr seems way too hedgey about it. Feels almost like putting in a back up scum read for a mislynch later. vote: rr

I'm having a hard time putting my thoughts into words. :P
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 23, 2016, 05:44:37 pm »

Reading the set-up again, it looks like we're a small enough game that if there's no lynch consensus, we lose out on the chance to kill scum today. Does this stuff normally run right up to the deadline? I guess I haven't quite had the sense of urgency from just reading games so far...
Trust me, sometimes it goes to the deadline and there are literally 100 posts in an hour. I forget what game that was but the forum crashed a few times for me. And we lynched Awaclus who was a really strong PR. I think I was a motivator. But I can't remember the game!
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 23, 2016, 05:45:19 pm »

I'll wait to complain about you voting for me until you figure that out

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 23, 2016, 05:47:13 pm »

I don't like your reaction to or read on iguanna and think it is scummy.

I tried to go into more detail above but it didn't really work.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: August 23, 2016, 05:51:24 pm »

Mail-mi: 'I think iguanaiguna is town!'

Roadrunner: 'I'm not sure what iguanaiguana is!'

Mail-mi: 'HOW DARE YOU DISAGREE WITH ME!!!!! TO THE GALLOWS WITH YOU, INFIDEL!!!!!'

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 23, 2016, 05:51:49 pm »

Very often D1 does end up going to deadline, and getting a lynch sometimes from nowhere.
And lynching > mislynching almost always.
Even if we mislynch (which is statistically likely), it'll give us some information for D2.

PPE: 1?
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 23, 2016, 05:53:14 pm »

Roadrunner: 'I'm not sure what iguanaiguana is!'

Mail-mi: 'HOW DARE YOU DISAGREE WITH ME!!!!! TO THE GALLOWS WITH YOU, INFIDEL!!!!!'

Important bit you missed there bolded for your convenience.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 23, 2016, 05:53:36 pm »

And my current tentative reads are:

Won't lynch D1:
Calamitas
ii
Most other new players (newbie pass)

Most likely to lynch:
Seprix
RR

PPE: 1

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 23, 2016, 05:54:23 pm »

Roadrunner: 'I'm not sure what iguanaiguana is! But I don't really want to lynch him for it, so I guess I'll just put him in my unsure group'

Important bit you missed there bolded for your convenience.
Thanks, fixed.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 23, 2016, 05:58:18 pm »

Trust me, sometimes it goes to the deadline and there are literally 100 posts in an hour. I forget what game that was but the forum crashed a few times for me. And we lynched Awaclus who was a really strong PR. I think I was a motivator. But I can't remember the game!

That's inconvenient... I'm on a conference call for work in the exact hour leading up to the deadline. Can we work out who we're going to lynch early, so I can make sure my vote is on the right person when the final frenzy happens? ;-)
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 23, 2016, 05:59:22 pm »

That's inconvenient... I'm on a conference call for work in the exact hour leading up to the deadline. Can we work out who we're going to lynch early, so I can make sure my vote is on the right person when the final frenzy happens? ;-)
Just put your vote on someone you want to lynch that you think other people might lynch and you should be good

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 23, 2016, 06:02:56 pm »

I'm also busy all day on deadline day.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 23, 2016, 06:15:44 pm »

Won't lynch D1:
Calamitas
ii

Most likely to lynch:
Seprix
RR

Yeesh, how carefull have you thought about this?

Your lynch list is like a list of all the top most commonly mislynched players on F.ds, with the notable exception that it's missing you.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 23, 2016, 06:17:15 pm »

Won't lynch D1:
Calamitas
ii

Most likely to lynch:
Seprix
RR

Yeesh, how carefull have you thought about this?

Your lynch list is like a list of all the top most commonly mislynched players on F.ds, with the notable exception that it's missing you.

And me!

RR: Why do you think iguana is kinda scummy?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 23, 2016, 06:24:10 pm »

maaaan it's so hard. I need lots of experience.

I think on someone, then I read and then I think on someone else. Through the posts only things that I am sure in my head are that Iguana is unlikely scummy, Calamitas and Joseph are likely scummy. But when I think deep on every player, reading only his posts I find something scummy in everyone.

Well. I'll stick to Seprix, though I can see that other people say it's his style of game. Still my suspicions are on. And I don't like how Silverspawn became silent. Just like in the start he posted all the way, but then, when we started to think on other players, he just decided to wait for mislynch. Can it be possible? Whom can I trust? I'm alone in this dark city
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 23, 2016, 06:31:46 pm »

Won't lynch D1:
Calamitas
ii

Most likely to lynch:
Seprix
RR

I think with 3/9 players being newbies, that might be too many for you guys not to consider us. Naively (i.e. with me deliberately including myself for the purposes of an explanation) there's a 7/12 chance that the scum team has one or more newbies in it.. that's more than 58%. (36 ways of picking a unique pair from 9, and only 15 of those ways give no newbies in the pair, since there are 6 non-newbies and it's 0.5*n*(n-1)).

From the perspective of an experienced player who also knows themself to be town, it's even more likely that the scumteam has newbies, with a 64% chance. Even if you also believe I'm town, it's still just over 50%. Of course with me town, the only possible all-newbie team is Calamitas-LaLight, so it's very likely (over 90%) that even in the case of there being a newbie on the scumteam, there's also a non-newbie on the team for us to kill D1. But I feel like a scum newbie might be easier to catch with greater confidence, so it's just not something I want to rule out.

Sorry if it's vaguely scummy to post stats that allow you to consider the possibility I could be scum when obviously I'm not, but I wanted the numbers to to more of the talking :-)

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 23, 2016, 07:06:29 pm »

Won't lynch D1:
Calamitas
ii

Most likely to lynch:
Seprix
RR

I think with 3/9 players being newbies, that might be too many for you guys not to consider us. Naively (i.e. with me deliberately including myself for the purposes of an explanation) there's a 7/12 chance that the scum team has one or more newbies in it.. that's more than 58%. (36 ways of picking a unique pair from 9, and only 15 of those ways give no newbies in the pair, since there are 6 non-newbies and it's 0.5*n*(n-1)).

From the perspective of an experienced player who also knows themself to be town, it's even more likely that the scumteam has newbies, with a 64% chance. Even if you also believe I'm town, it's still just over 50%. Of course with me town, the only possible all-newbie team is Calamitas-LaLight, so it's very likely (over 90%) that even in the case of there being a newbie on the scumteam, there's also a non-newbie on the team for us to kill D1. But I feel like a scum newbie might be easier to catch with greater confidence, so it's just not something I want to rule out.

Sorry if it's vaguely scummy to post stats that allow you to consider the possibility I could be scum when obviously I'm not, but I wanted the numbers to to more of the talking :-)
Luckily we could collect some evidence, I wish you great fun with updating the probabilities via Bayes Theorem ;-)
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 23, 2016, 08:19:02 pm »

those smileys

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 23, 2016, 08:25:11 pm »

smileys aside, though, I think you're solid town at this point. I'm also going to say RR is town based on tone in his numbers post but it's RR so confidence is low.

I'm the best at reading igauana. Obviously. And he's also town.

got my eye on lalight and Joseph

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 24, 2016, 04:27:51 am »

smileys aside, though, I think you're solid town at this point. I'm also going to say RR is town based on tone in his numbers post but it's RR so confidence is low.

Agreeing with lalight, his attempts to appear unexperienced and innocent seem to be kind of forced (especially that last one). Cannot speak of Joseph, we just don't have enough data due to his (forced) inactivity.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 24, 2016, 04:40:06 am »

Luckily we could collect some evidence, I wish you great fun with updating the probabilities via Bayes Theorem ;-)

The story goes that Reverend Thomas Bayes invented his theorem originally so that he could put faith in god into his statistical reasoning...

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 24, 2016, 04:45:44 am »

those smileys

Makes a change from cheerful old Seprix at least, right? :-)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 24, 2016, 04:47:52 am »

Agreeing with lalight, his attempts to appear unexperienced and innocent seem to be kind of forced (especially that last one). Cannot speak of Joseph, we just don't have enough data due to his (forced) inactivity.

ok, rereading my post I see your point. I am not a scum, believe it or not. In D1 I try to figure out defferencies between mafia live and forum mafia, and I'm dashed by how many are there. That's what my previous post was about.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 24, 2016, 04:51:18 am »

Yeah, as I'd said before, I'd believe a LaLight-Joseph team much more than Silver's original Calamitas-Joseph call. Though I'm still not all that comfortable with Silver right now..
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.369 seconds with 19 queries.