Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 47  All

Author Topic: M85: Olympics Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 114945 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M85: Olympics Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #200 on: August 21, 2016, 08:42:44 pm »

So to clarify

Those who're playing their first game here: have you played variations of this game elsewhere? If so, which / how often?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 21, 2016, 08:45:30 pm »

blargh. *a suspicion.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 21, 2016, 09:07:56 pm »

Is anyone else in this game a non-native speaker?

hai

Right, several really high-level non-native speakers then! I'll be in the corner feeling embarrassed at my effective monoglottism...
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 21, 2016, 09:16:10 pm »

Seprix, I'd like to engage more with you too, since you seem like town (for the moment!). Any re-read on Igu that you could offer will probably just smack of OMGUS, though.

Do you have any town-ish reads on anyone, especially amongst the other experienced people?

Holy cow, Silverspawn is being as deflective as possible this game. Scum points there.

Calimitas is probably town. His reaction was genuine. I wish people didn't just yell at me for trying to push some kind of case, any kind of case really. If Calimitas was scum, he'd feel pretty emboldened by the support he got in reply. He didn't try to buddy up with others in denouncing my 'case', so I think he's towny for now.

Iguana is playing scummy. When he gets solvy this early, he's usually scum.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 21, 2016, 09:16:48 pm »

vote: Iguana by the way

DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 21, 2016, 09:20:13 pm »

So to clarify

Those who're playing their first game here: have you played variations of this game elsewhere? If so, which / how often?

Never played any form of mafia or werewolf online before, but used to play lots of slightly-atypical werewolf (maybe 2 hours per week in university termtime over quite a few years) up till about a year ago. I was rather good at it, though my main advantage was my above-average hearing :-)

For anyone who's not aware of it from other threads, I also know Haddock IRL... he's running the BSG game that's about to start, and I've been following his games, asking him questions, and learning the terminology for a few weeks now.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 21, 2016, 09:23:23 pm »

hai

Right, several really high-level non-native speakers then! I'll be in the corner feeling embarrassed at my effective monoglottism...
I don't know what 'monoglottism' means
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 21, 2016, 09:27:09 pm »

hai

I don't know what 'monoglottism' means

Google does :-)

Sorry not to give your helpful links, but I'm phone-posting because it's after 2am over here. Why are you all choosing now as a time to be interesting and conversational?? :-P

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 21, 2016, 11:01:57 pm »

Iguana is playing scummy. When he gets solvy this early, he's usually scum.

Ugh. Can you point to even one single game?
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 21, 2016, 11:03:20 pm »

FYI: Seprix has put me at an unnanounced L-1.

I imagine because he is a good and careful player, who always does a good job of things.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 21, 2016, 11:04:12 pm »

FYI: Seprix has put me at an unnanounced L-1.

I imagine because he is a good and careful player, who always does a good job of things.

oops

unvote

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 21, 2016, 11:40:41 pm »

Unvote

That's awful on Seprix. I'll cut him some slack because it's a tiny game but still
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 22, 2016, 12:03:44 am »

Seprix is the most scummy one so far, I think.

LaLight really seems genuine, so townie points there.

RR: why does ss have to be leader? This seems like it could be a set up for "we mislynched, but I was just sheeping the leader, so it's not my fault!"

But I really don't like Seprix's play so far. It just feels wrong. vote: seprix

I'm going to have to ask you to back up your claims.

About LaLight, same thing as RR. I'm in the codenames game with him.

You, it's just a feeling. But after reading some games, you feel scummy to lots of people when town. so idk. The unanounced L-1 also gives some minor scum points, so I'm happy with my vote kept on you.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 22, 2016, 12:04:18 am »

Also, SS is acting weird. Not sure if it's town weird or scum weird yet.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 22, 2016, 12:18:35 am »

Also, SS is acting weird. Not sure if it's town weird or scum weird yet.

I don't know why town!SS gets any credit for acting dumb, but scum!SS does dumb stuff and says he never does it as scum, so there's that argument. SS is just generally being unhelpful, which is odd, since he usually is, even as a scum player.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 22, 2016, 12:19:57 am »

And as much as I think Iguana might be scum, he's also pushing the game forward in a potentially positive direction, so I don't think I could bring myself to put him as #1 lynch today. I can settle for that reptile, but I think I can find a better option.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 22, 2016, 01:25:58 am »

So to clarify

I played this game very often, say, 4-5 years ago, having even championships.
Then, I played werewolves too, liked it better. First time playing not in IRL, so I just need time to adjust.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 22, 2016, 03:06:25 am »

Also, SS is acting weird.

Aw, thanks! It means a lot.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 22, 2016, 03:08:06 am »

That's awful on Seprix. I'll cut him some slack because it's a tiny game but still

I don't think there is a "still". L-1 is 4 votes, that happens super fast.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 22, 2016, 03:12:50 am »

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 22, 2016, 03:19:39 am »

Isn't it 5? we are nine

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 22, 2016, 03:40:09 am »

Isn't it 5? we are nine

L-1 means one vote away from a lynch. So that's 5 - 1 = 4.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 22, 2016, 03:46:44 am »

Isn't it 5? we are nine

It's 5 to lynch, so 4 is "lynch minus one", and it's customary to announce when you're voting someone up to L-1 because the next vote on them (the hammer) lynches them with no way out.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 22, 2016, 04:37:07 am »

Isn't it 5? we are nine

It's 5 to lynch, so 4 is "lynch minus one", and it's customary to announce when you're voting someone up to L-1 because the next vote on them (the hammer) lynches them with no way out.

Oh, and if someone right after Seprix voted Iguana there would be no way back? Folly.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 22, 2016, 06:04:51 am »

Isn't it 5? we are nine

Oh, and if someone right after Seprix voted Iguana there would be no way back? Folly.

Yeah, one more Iguana vote at that point and he'd have been dead. We'd still have been able to talk for a while, then the mod would have declared his alignment (though not role), and the thread would lock for night-time.

This voting is really different from in-person games I've played. There, we would make a "guillotine call" on a person if we found them suitably suspicious -- guillotines being a less racially charged concept than lynches! If that call was seconded (only one second was required, no matter how many people were in the game), the player was given a chance at an uninterrupted defence speech, after which we moved to a hidden vote, so there was no information available about who actually voted to kill whom.

Here it's very different, and one of the primary ways of getting information is to look at who's on what "waggon" as the voting happens.

If Iguana flips scum, then chances are his scumbuddy is someone who wasn't on his early waggon, because they'd want to try to avoid losing their team-mate so early. However, if he's actually town, I look quite scummy for pushing on him for so long, but the last couple of people deserve a lot of suspicion too, because a scum player might want to hold back till there's a probable mis-lynch and then push a hammer quickly.

With this many newbies, experienced scum might be hoping for some high-variance voting and a bit of sheeping, which makes Seprix's silent L-1 look fishy.

Anyway, add a load of WIFOM to all that (especially regarding motivations of experienced scums), then reason it through for yourself just to be sure.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 19 queries.