Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47  All

Author Topic: M85: Olympics Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 113495 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M85: Olympics Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1100 on: September 05, 2016, 03:21:38 am »

Note: these are all horribly out of order since the fourm only lets me submit something every once in a while.

Mass claim is good now let's do it

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M85: Olympics Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1101 on: September 05, 2016, 03:29:14 am »

Well, that's pretty condemning. vote: rr
What do you have to say to it RR?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: September 05, 2016, 03:49:11 am »

from mail-mi, a recent town game would be appreciated. as recent as it gets without you being an IC, anyway.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: September 05, 2016, 09:48:57 am »

My only scum games are marvel heroes mafia and sherlock mafia.

Spoiler: I lose.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: September 05, 2016, 10:00:51 am »

iguana is too confident.

I've been thinking about this, and I believe it is because silver has pushed my lynch in every game where I was scum, and I don't think he's ever mislynched me, and has often been the quickest to call me town in one of my town games.

It's a good track record.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: September 05, 2016, 10:29:16 am »

which I stand to ruin this game if you're actually town. I've pretty much done a 180° on reread

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M85: Olympics Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1106 on: September 05, 2016, 10:43:40 am »

so RR, what do you think about the scum slip?

Seprix, does igu's aggression make him scum or town?
I can answer these.

After iguana's post and Calamitas' explanation, it seems more like an innocent mistake. Doesn't make him towns, tho.

I think iguana seems more like frustrated town than scum.

This is the beginning of Mail-mi's flip-flip saga, where he goes back and forth on calling me town or scum all game. Also note how he keeps attention off of his partner by answering a question for him when Roadrunner is unwilling to do it.

FWIW, I am becoming more comfortable with my vote on seprix.

This is the beginning of Mail-mi's long and consistent quest to get a lynch on Seprix without looking like scum for doing it. His town narrative for it is that he has 'confirmation bias' against him and is worried he might be wearing 'tunnel vision goggles.' In other words, he knows it will be a mislynch and doesn't want to look terrible when it happens.

Don't know what seprix and rr are talking about. Town points to iguana.

In fact, rr seems way too hedgey about it. Feels almost like putting in a back up scum read for a mislynch later. vote: rr

I'm having a hard time putting my thoughts into words. :P
I'll wait to complain about you voting for me until you figure that out

I don't like your reaction to or read on iguanna and think it is scummy.

I tried to go into more detail above but it didn't really work.

"Vote for your partner, but give rubbish reasons." I think Ashersky said that? Anyway, here Mail-mi does it in a blatant way. "I want to vote for Roadrunner, but I don't want the wagon to pick up, so I'm going to say I'm having trouble expressing why I want to vote for him."

Okay, rereading the bit with RR and iguana, it's not as bad as I thought it was. I still don't like it, though, but I'm going to unvote

What's worse is this:

vote: Iguana

Huh.. just as I was starting to get a reasonable level of town vibe from him, too.
'Him' being Seprix or Iguanaiguana?

Obviously me. I'm almost certain Iguana is scum now.
Scale of 1 to 10. ! is IC. 5 is null. 10 is confirmed scum.

How certain are you?

Seprix did not answer this question, yet he has posted after that (only once though) and has been on since then. Town people don't avoid questions, scum does. vote: seprix

Moves his vote from Roadrunner back to his constant vote on Seprix. More evidence for his trying to put a vote on his partner without it gaining any traction.

Seprix
silverspawn/joseph
Calamitas
RR
Lalight
iguana
Spaceanenome
mail-mi

A minute ago, he just stopped voting for Roadrunner (after that reason-for-voting, which he 'couldn't put into words', turned out 'not to be so bad after all'). Now, RR suddenly deserves the most null spot directly in the middle of his scum-to-chum list.  Roadrunner really is directly center, with four scummier people above him, and four townier people below.

I don't think Seprix pretends to suspect me of buddying him as scum. I think he just welcomes it. I really think Seprix is town.

Joseph is a better shot, but really, they could both be town. These wagons are not great.

Where does seprix say he suspects you of buddying?

I say

Scum players are hyper-conscious of what they say about each other and their interactions are usually a lot more subtle than those between myself and Seprix. We would need to be an incredibly bold scumteam to openly defend each other like we have been. Of course, that would make an interesting gambit, but I doubt it would pay off.

The simpler and much more likely explanation is that I have a townread on Seprix, and he's come around on me as well. From my perspective, that's the only possiblity unless I am wrong about Seprix and he is scum.

and Seprix responds immediately with a naked vote on me, then later says "I am almost certain now that Iguana is scum." He doesn't give reasons, but the motive of voting me because he thinks  I am buddying him is the obvious one. So I am making an inference.

That makes sense. I'll have to think about it.

Meanwhile...

Okay I might have intent to hammer Seprix. But if it comes down to it I don't think I have the balls

Stop making me want to vote you.

I agree with your reasoning about not voting for Seprix, but still want to mislynch him, so I guess I'll 'have to think about it.'
This "I want to move my vote, but I'm not going to do it yet" attitude is consistent with Mail-mi throughout the game. He uses it to delay taking action on a situation, hoping that someone else will fudge it in the meantime.

Also, regarding his comment to Roadrunner:

My partner is being scummy! Stop it! I don't want to have to bus D1!

Those are my D1 comments on Mail-mi. I'll do D2 & 3 later.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: September 05, 2016, 10:44:08 am »

which I stand to ruin this game if you're actually town. I've pretty much done a 180° on reread

Great, that sucks!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: September 05, 2016, 10:46:13 am »

Going to work, will respond later.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: September 05, 2016, 10:46:46 am »

If you are willing to quote anything of mine that looks scum motivated, I'll be happy to talk you through what I was thinking when I made the post as best I can.

Roadrunner and I are real life acquaintances/friends and I am more fond of him than other mafia player here. Please don't mistake that for us being scum partners.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: September 05, 2016, 11:37:42 am »

That was a lie (sorry). I thought the evidence pointed strongly in your favor; I almost hammered but I didn't want to take it too lightly and decided to test your reaction if I pretend to flip.

I think I like it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: September 05, 2016, 11:40:17 am »

If you had felt really desperate, that might have made me reconsider.

I'm still paranoid because I have a flawless LyLo record I believe, and this seems too easy.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: September 05, 2016, 11:44:48 am »

Oh my....... that made for a relatively upsetting breakfast.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: September 05, 2016, 11:48:33 am »

So realtalk. I'm stronly leaning towards lynching mail-mi.

The interactions with RR are pretty telling. mail-mi has a lot of them but they are all about nothing (see the quotes I pulled on the previous page. Stuff like this:

I'll wait to complain about you voting for me until you figure that out

I don't like your reaction to or read on iguanna and think it is scummy.

I tried to go into more detail above but it didn't really work.
Mail-mi: 'I think iguanaiguna is town!'

Roadrunner: 'I'm not sure what iguanaiguana is! But I don't really want to lynch him for it, so I guess I'll just put him in my unsure group'

Mail-mi: 'HOW DARE YOU DISAGREE WITH ME!!!!! TO THE GALLOWS WITH YOU, INFIDEL!!!!!'

Important bit you missed there bolded for your convenience.
Thanks, fixed.

feels like someone went "make sure we have some interactions" in the scum QT; or just scum taking opportunites to respond to each other. I know I do that as scum.

Whereas iguana has things like:

<b>Jospeh </b>

Either silverspawn has some information we don't and Jospeh is actuallt scum or he is basically dead (D2 lynch). Case 1 doesn't allow us testing by killing silver, we could just take an important power role of the game. If he turns out lying we should stop handling him with kid gloves and just kill him.

Wow, that's a really, really bad Scumslip.

vote: Calamitas

Stop being awful. Can I please point you to 50 places in the past where we've talked about how making a bolding mistake isn't really a scum slip? Especially day one in someone's first (I think?) mafia game where mafia hasn't even made a kill yet and every single town has had to confirm their role, and many of them did it via QT.

Good God Seprix, I will not stop correcting your horrible play until you stop doing it. Please, no more of this.
Vote: Iguanaiguana

Soon after making this post, you voted for Calamitas. Being flippity floppity is scummy

Big factor #2 is mail-mi's handling of the RR lynch. You're first deflecting, then as soon as RR has the result on him - even though a tracker result on someone who wasn't shot isn't that big of a deal - you turn on him. That looks so much like you realizing "ow he's caught let me try to get towncred out of it".

#3 is how you keep pursuing players for classic non-tells, such as weak performances (see Seprix).

And #4 is that igauna seems to have played a solid town game all throughout.

So if you want me to change my mind, give me something substantial.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: September 05, 2016, 05:53:15 pm »

silver, do you even want me to keep re reading mail-mi? My conclusions are no different than yours, except that from my perspective I can be much more sure of his motivations. And, if I'm not going to do anything to change your opinions, I'd rather not sink a lot of time into making the arguments.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: September 05, 2016, 06:19:37 pm »

I will respond when I can get on a computer.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: September 05, 2016, 07:37:28 pm »

silver, do you even want me to keep re reading mail-mi? My conclusions are no different than yours, except that from my perspective I can be much more sure of his motivations. And, if I'm not going to do anything to change your opinions, I'd rather not sink a lot of time into making the arguments.

Yeah, I would wait a bit to see if the problem solves itself if I were you.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: September 05, 2016, 08:08:11 pm »

Today has turned out to be really busy. I will respond late tonight or tomorrow if I can't.

Sorry for the holdup.  :-\

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: September 05, 2016, 11:55:12 pm »

feels like someone went "make sure we have some interactions" in the scum QT; or just scum taking opportunites to respond to each other. I know I do that as scum.

Whereas iguana has things like:

Big factor #2 is mail-mi's handling of the RR lynch. You're first deflecting, then as soon as RR has the result on him - even though a tracker result on someone who wasn't shot isn't that big of a deal - you turn on him. That looks so much like you realizing "ow he's caught let me try to get towncred out of it".

#3 is how you keep pursuing players for classic non-tells, such as weak performances (see Seprix).

And #4 is that igauna seems to have played a solid town game all throughout.

So if you want me to change my mind, give me something substantial.

1. I would have done that as town or scum. I was accusing RR (rightly, but for bad reasons), and I legitimately couldn't put it into words. His reaction to iguana just felt off, and I couldn't explain why. And he asked me to, and so I did. The response was just RR being RR.

2. Uh, when was I deflecting? I was never deflecting on RR. (I just reread my posts; I was never deflecting.) I thought Lalight's (correct) theory about RR being the Scum Roleblocker was more likely to be true. And then the whole bodyguard thing happened.

3. I had tunnel vision on Seprix. This is a fact. I didn't like his D1 play at all and couldn't get over it. He was being actively anti-town, he was actilurking, he didn't answer any questions directed toward him, scummy scummy scum scum. It was bad. And so I thought he was scum, and even though he came back later and played a good D2, I still thought he was scummy. And then the end of Day 2 was just bad.

4. Let me see if I can convince you otherwise.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: September 06, 2016, 12:28:43 am »

I'm Trampoline btw

From RR's flip, we know that scum were given fake claims. iguana thinks he can be seen as townie by immediately claiming. He also knows that it might give scum (him and RR) information.

A lot of D1-2 he's "coaching" Seprix and getting mad at him. It's a good way to seem townie "Look, I'm helping people!" and "Grr seprix, me the fellow townie is getting mad at you for making us more likely to lose!" without actually putting any content in the game.

In iguana's recent games, he has...cared less? if that's a good way to put it... at the beginning of the game, because of a busy life. He only starts caring a lot and getting solvy when it mattered. As scum, it always matters. And he was very active and solvy throughout most of Day 1, which is not his current town meta, if I remember correctly.

I don't know about iguana, but I'm usually more sarcastic as scum. And, on reread, he's seemed pretty sarcastic.

More seprix defending. Scum is expected to take the easy mislynch (which Seprix often is) and so iguana goes against it. This isn't a very strong point, but iguana is a good enough player to play the WIFOM.

My only vested interest in keeping him alive is so that I can fulfill my town!Trampoline win condition.

This is not a townie comment. He's emphasizing the fact that he's town too much. Scum is much more inclined to do this than town is.

Roadrunner, since you are currently not voting, what are your thoughts on Seprix and Jospeh which currently hold the most votes? I personally think that Seprix is the more suspicious one (for various reasons that I have outlined before) but Josephs inactivity certainly doesn't speak for him.
It's nice to have people who want to hear my opinion <3

But I'd say both Seprix and Joseph are in my lynch pool, along with iguanaiguana. If I had to give them a suspicious rating I'd say Seprix is the most suspicious, then Iguanaiguana then Joseph.

Actually:
Seprix gets a 7.5 out of 10
Iguanaiguana gets a 5.9 out of 10
Joseph gets a 5.5 out of 10.

Or something like that. But there's a much bigger gap between Seprix and Iguanaiguana then there is between Iguanaiguana and Joseph.

The problem with Seprix and Joseph is that they're hard to read, so lynching them is more of a toss up than it would be between other players. That's a double edged sword though, because their reads are usually a bit off, so they're still not the worst lynch. I don't want to jump on a wagon before I get off a mobile device. A reread is required before voting

You read me better than anyone. You should know that I am town.

iguana's first interaction with RR. I think it's actually quite townie that it took him this long, and that this is what it is. If I didn't know he was scum, this would up my town read on him.

His next post with RR is the stuff that you two are accusing me of, interaction without content.

LaLight I'm sorry if I made you seem uncomfortable. You're English is perfectly fine!  :)

Stop screwing around and vote for someone. We have only one day left.

"Get on the mislynch RR!" Super obvious though, so only a very minor point. Also more of the non-content interaction, along with the rest of the quote chain.

More of the seprix coaching, and also being slightly wishy washy on seprix. A lot of his play was talking about seprix, actually. Which is scummy for two reasons: 1. A way to be active without providing content, and 2. it was a super easy thing to talk about, without bringing up any other discussion. This doesn't make much sense as I put it down in writing, unfortunately. I'll try to explain it: Scum doesn't want discussion, but scum has to participate in discussion so they aren't just lynched. So they make discussion about things that are relevant, but not content-bringing. does that make sense?

I can't figure out the scum motivation for his day end stuff, but I also can't figure out a townie one. I guess a scum one is, post? I don't know.

There's iguana's day 1. He's been playing a very good scum game.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: September 06, 2016, 12:29:41 am »

Another thing: I am also one of the most myslynched players on the site. Read any of my town games, there are very few where I'm not lynched at some point. And a lot of the time it's been for the same reasons that silver is bringing up against me.

don't lose the game for us silver.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: September 06, 2016, 03:22:35 am »

@mail-mi

link me to the latest town game where you were mislynched

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: September 06, 2016, 08:57:46 am »

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: September 06, 2016, 09:18:53 am »

I'm Trampoline btw

From RR's flip, we know that scum were given fake claims. iguana thinks he can be seen as townie by immediately claiming. He also knows that it might give scum (him and RR) information.

I once modded a 9 player game where I gave scum fakeclaims and wrote a story around 9 trees, where two of them were actually arsonists. It sticks out in my mind because, well, silverspawn didn't enjoy how I handled the game very much, and got the MVP!

Anyway, as soon as I saw that there were 9 'sports,' I knew scum had fakeclaims as sports. Perhaps I made a mistake in assuming that everyone would be able to figure it out (I believe I explained my thinking later -- did you skip quoting that?) I was just having fun and being silly, while giving information that could do no harm.

A lot of D1-2 he's "coaching" Seprix and getting mad at him. It's a good way to seem townie "Look, I'm helping people!" and "Grr seprix, me the fellow townie is getting mad at you for making us more likely to lose!" without actually putting any content in the game.

I do regret how I treated Seprix this game. I should have focused on working with him, not insulting him.

In iguana's recent games, he has...cared less? if that's a good way to put it... at the beginning of the game, because of a busy life. He only starts caring a lot and getting solvy when it mattered. As scum, it always matters. And he was very active and solvy throughout most of Day 1, which is not his current town meta, if I remember correctly.

Please don't craft an argument for me being scum that is solely based around my IRL circumstances.

My only vested interest in keeping him alive is so that I can fulfill my town!Trampoline win condition.

This is not a townie comment. He's emphasizing the fact that he's town too much. Scum is much more inclined to do this than town is.

Congratulations, you dug through my ISO and found a scummy looking comment! Wow, I said 'town' so many times in that sentence, that I must be all knowing scum! (You're right by the way, I can be a bit sarcastic...)

His next post with RR is the stuff that you two are accusing me of, interaction without content.

LaLight I'm sorry if I made you seem uncomfortable. You're English is perfectly fine!  :)

Stop screwing around and vote for someone. We have only one day left.

"Get on the mislynch RR!" Super obvious though, so only a very minor point. Also more of the non-content interaction, along with the rest of the quote chain.

I do not believe that telling another player that he should stop making non-content posts and vote for someone constitutes contributing to the 'non-content interaction.'

More of the seprix coaching, and also being slightly wishy washy on seprix. A lot of his play was talking about seprix, actually. Which is scummy for two reasons: 1. A way to be active without providing content, and 2. it was a super easy thing to talk about, without bringing up any other discussion. This doesn't make much sense as I put it down in writing, unfortunately. I'll try to explain it: Scum doesn't want discussion, but scum has to participate in discussion so they aren't just lynched. So they make discussion about things that are relevant, but not content-bringing. does that make sense?

Everyone was talking about Seprix. I remember at least making an effort to talk about other people, while the conversation kept being brought back to him by the newer players finding a new reason to vote for him. I'd like to believe that I talked about Seprix only as much as was necessary to keep him alive.

Now, for some hilarious quote doctoring!

I can't figure out the scum motivation for his day end stuff [because there isn't any LOL!], but I also can't figure out a townie one [because he's some kinda phool I GUESS]. I guess a scum one is, post? I don't know.

There's iguana's day 1. He's been playing a very good scum MEDIOCRE TOWN game.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: September 06, 2016, 09:29:36 am »

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.