Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dominion Guilds & Cornucopia Combo Box Card Quality Question  (Read 866 times)

treyoshi

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile

I currently have the original small box Cornucopia expansion and I am interested in getting Guilds.  I see that they are now sold as a two pack (Guilds is still easy to find by itself, but the better deal if you needed both is to get the combo).  I have a friend who has Guilds but does not have Cornucopia (which is harder to find by itself), so we might have some synergy of need with this.  However, I have read a few reviews on BGG and Amazon stating the card color in the combo pack is lighter than the older sets (I know this is still printed in Germany so the cardstock is not different).  Can anyone comment if the card colors are indeed lighter in these combined sets compared to what they would have been in individual releases of the past?  Is this just an occasional thing that can happen to any expansion printing from time to time?  Thanks.

Doom_Shark

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Doom_Shark
  • Respect: +409
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Guilds & Cornucopia Combo Box Card Quality Question
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 10:32:40 am »

I didn't notice any lighter colors. However the organization of the box is weird. Instead of being one set on the left and one on the right, cornucopia is slotted on top and guilds on the bottom half, with coin tokens and prizes in the middle. But it works. I did a similar thing to what you are talking about, but I had guilds and my friend didn't have either.
"I swear to drunk I'm not officer, God."
Generation 33 The first time you see this, copy it, add 1 to the generation number, and add it to your signature. (On any forum) Social experiment.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 20 queries.