Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Making Fun now offering subscriptions  (Read 8924 times)

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1781
    • View Profile
Re: Making Fun now offering subscriptions
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2016, 02:58:46 pm »
+3

I don't get it. The only thing I don't have are 4 promo cards, totaling $60 if I buy them normally. Subscription through 2016 is offered to me for $91. How can it be higher? For 30 days it's $21.

Is this a bug, or am I not getting how this is supposed to work?

It seems like the subscription pricing is not linear in the number of cards you need to subscribe to, and it's cheaper per-card the more cards you need to get. So that could explain it. Of course, this doesn't make a lot of sense as a business decision, but that's another matter.

Also, those dollar numbers look too high. Are they meant to be ducats, the in-game currency?

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2016, 04:03:00 pm »

I don't get it. The only thing I don't have are 4 promo cards, totaling $60 if I buy them normally. Subscription through 2016 is offered to me for $91. How can it be higher? For 30 days it's $21.

It seems like the subscription pricing is not linear in the number of cards you need to subscribe to, and it's cheaper per-card the more cards you need to get. So that could explain it. Of course, this doesn't make a lot of sense as a business decision, but that's another matter.

Also, those dollar numbers look too high. Are they meant to be ducats, the in-game currency?

Right! I'm too used to writing $ for virtual money I guess. :p

DavidMakingFun

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +42
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2016, 08:25:48 pm »

The 2016 subscription price is about five dollars a month. $91 sounds like a complete my collection purchase price.

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2016, 09:55:07 am »

The 2016 subscription price is about five dollars a month. $91 sounds like a complete my collection purchase price.

I meant to write "ducats", not "$".
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 21 queries.