Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Split Pile + Event  (Read 2252 times)

dominator 123

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: dominator 123
  • Notice the space
  • Respect: +369
    • View Profile
Split Pile + Event
« on: July 05, 2016, 11:33:21 pm »
+2

So I thought of an idea which incorporates split piles and Events.

So you have a normal pile of 10 cards, but once they are bought out, instead of having nothing there, a new event is available. It still counts towards 3-pile ending. If Ambassador etc causes those cards to be returned to the Supply, the event become unavailable until the pile is empty again.

For example:
Flea Market $2 Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
+$1
----------------------------------------------------------
When you discard this from play, take a Debt token, then you may pay off Debt.

Vendor $5 Event
Gain two cards each costing up to $2 + $1 per Flea Market you have in play. If either of them is a Victory card, trash all Flea Markets you have in play.
"Strictly Better" compares only effects and not cost, change my mind

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1705
    • View Profile
Re: Split Pile + Event
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 12:09:55 am »

I really like the idea of this, and it's an idea that could definitely be expanded in a few directions.

Doom_Shark

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Doom_Shark
  • Respect: +409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 01:42:37 am »

Hmm...not quite sure what to make of this...does it count for the max two events, or do you count it separately?
"I swear to drunk I'm not officer, God."
Generation 33 The first time you see this, copy it, add 1 to the generation number, and add it to your signature. (On any forum) Social experiment.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 02:10:42 am »

Hmm...not quite sure what to make of this...does it count for the max two events, or do you count it separately?
There is no rule about the maximum 2 events/landmarks. It's just a recommendation. And if you decide use a maximum of 2 events/landmarks, I think the intention is for this event not to count towards the two, but obviously it would be up to whoever plays with it.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 02:11:47 am by LibraryAdventurer »

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 08:13:23 am »
+1

I really like the idea of this, and it's an idea that could definitely be expanded in a few directions.
You could expand your flea market into a copper or a market, there's two directions for starters.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Loschmidt

• Golem
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 12:22:04 am »

I also like this concept :D

I think you've got the right idea making the card itself something like a cheap peddler variant - something engine players want to snap up multiples of. But to make it interesting I think the Event underneath should antisynergise with the card itself and perhaps be something a BM+ player would be more interested in. This way you're tempting the player with cheap engine components but then giving other players new options once you've run them out. It would be like a reverse City - you want lots of these....but try not to empty them out. If there were only 2 or so left the BM player would have to consider whether to get one just to access the Event.

-----------
Minecart
$3
Discard a treasure
If you do:
+2 cards
+1 action
+$1
-------------
Event - Gold Mine
$4
Gain a gold
+1 buy
-------------

*This is a just a quick example of my idea that's thematic - Mine Cart compares a little too well to Stables Oasis on reflection. And actually such heavy sifting will help you reach the gold quick, so it doesn't exactly antisynergise with the Event even in an engine. Man designing this shit is hard*

**EDIT: Realised that it would be much worse than Stables, situationally better than Oasis. Probably fine? Probably not good enough to get multiple of though.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 12:32:10 am by Loschmidt »

tristan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +193
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 09:35:32 am »

Flea Market is similar to a card of mine. Guess it is fairly natural to go for a Peddler variant of Capital.
Minecart seems like a 4 to me.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.