Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Spy and Chariot Race  (Read 1763 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Spy and Chariot Race
« on: July 04, 2016, 09:40:26 am »

When you play Spy, do all players reveal the top card of their deck at the same time, or do they reveal it one at a time?  The official FAQ for Spy does not specify whether its referring to the revealing, or just the discard/keep portion being done in turn order.  This matters for Chariot Race, because if I can see my top card and the top card of the player to my left, I'll make a different decision than if I can only see my card, then the next player's card after I finish dealing with mine.

Currently, Dominion Online reveals cards in turn order, but I'm assuming in most IRL games, players just all flip over their top card.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Re: Spy and Chariot Race
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 10:39:32 am »

I don't remember the answer for sure, but I know this has been asked and discussed before, because it's not only for Chariot Race that it matters; even without any particular combo in place; knowing your opponents' next card could help inform your decision about each card.

I'm pretty sure that the answer is "one at a time, reveal a card then decide what to do with it"; but I'm not positive.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
Re: Spy and Chariot Race
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 02:12:32 pm »

When you play Spy, do all players reveal the top card of their deck at the same time, or do they reveal it one at a time?  The official FAQ for Spy does not specify whether its referring to the revealing, or just the discard/keep portion being done in turn order.  This matters for Chariot Race, because if I can see my top card and the top card of the player to my left, I'll make a different decision than if I can only see my card, then the next player's card after I finish dealing with mine.

Currently, Dominion Online reveals cards in turn order, but I'm assuming in most IRL games, players just all flip over their top card.
When necessary, resolve one player at a time for Spy. Yes in practice it's not necessary, and faster to just all reveal your cards when you can, and for that matter for the Spy player to make the easiest decisions first.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.