Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A board with Donate  (Read 1600 times)

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile
A board with Donate
« on: July 01, 2016, 04:35:45 pm »
+3

I played this board a few nights ago.  My opponent and I both opened Wharf/Fishing Village. I added a Gladiator, and then hit $6, buying Forum and using the free buy to pick up Donate. I kept 1 Copper to be able to pay off Debt and buy Tunnel in the next two turns. I ended up a couple of turns ahead on building, and got to pick up the entire stack of Provinces and place it in my discard because Fortune is a pretty good card.

The engine you build here is pretty straight forward, but the question I have for discussion is: What would you do before buying Donate?  After my first couple turns, I found myself thinking I would have gotten rolling faster by going directly for a Forum/Tunnel opening followed by Donating on Turn 3.  How would you go about getting this thing rolling?

Another question... if the game is close, how do you deal with Wall. I was definitely over the limit by a bit.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 05:17:49 pm by Deadlock39 »

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
Re: A board with Donate
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 06:11:22 pm »

the weeeird part about wall is that if you're the bastard that ends the game and you have an extra buy then you can donate all your non-victory cards and end the game with debt, which is always fun
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 06:37:20 pm »
+9

the weeeird part about wall is that if you're the bastard that ends the game and you have an extra buy then you can donate all your non-victory cards and end the game with debt, which is always fun
Donate happens between turns, so the game will end and you won't get to do the trashing.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 09:09:06 pm »
+6

well then you just do it the penultimate turn but then make sure your opponent doesn't notice, with, for example, some sort of privacy curtain
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.316 seconds with 20 queries.