Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: One of The Best Games I've Ever Played  (Read 1674 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
One of The Best Games I've Ever Played
« on: June 30, 2016, 08:03:59 pm »

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160630/log.0.1467331154697.txt

Code: [Select]
Bonfire, Coin of the Realm, Scrying Pool, Duplicate, Marauder, Remake, Catacombs, Margrave, Mountebank, Soothsayer, Wharf
Wow was this game tense. I fell behind (probably because my opening was horrible), but I came back to win it on piles. This was one of the proudest Dominion moments I've ever had. It helped that my opponent was getting a bunch of Gold for no reason, but he had me beat in Wharfs, economy, buys, gains, and even had so many Coins, which were the only +Actions. He was drawing his deck every turn, too. The only thing I had going for me was that I didn't lose the Scrying Pool split, where we split 5/5. Thank goodness for that.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Aleimon Thimble
  • Respect: +711
    • View Profile
Re: One of The Best Games I've Ever Played
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 03:38:45 am »
+1

One thing I can't help but wonder though: is Scrying Pool really that strong here? Your deck will not be extremely action-dense, because you need the CotR for actions and you'll get a ton of Coppers/Curses from Mountebank. Furthermore, there's a lot of draw here. I would be inclined to get a single Margrave (like you did) and then as many Wharves as you can handle for draw, and Mountebank + Remake for 'payload' (Remake isn't normally payload but deleting all those Curses could be considered payload-ish). Of course, don't bother with Marauder if your opponent goes Scrying Pool. If you skip Potion and Scrying Pool, you have a better shot at winning the Coin split, which is important.
[...] The God of heaven has given you Dominion [...] (Daniel 2:37)

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 10:09:38 am »

When in doubt, go for Scrying Pool. My opponent should have drowned me in Curses and Coppers after his substantial lead, but he didn't even try until I got a Mountebank.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5160
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 02:25:07 pm »
+1

When in doubt, go for Scrying Pool. My opponent should have drowned me in Curses and Coppers after his substantial lead, but he didn't even try until I got a Mountebank.

I don't think there's a lot of doubt on this board. Scrying Pool is ignorable.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Aleimon Thimble
  • Respect: +711
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 04:50:56 am »

I don't think there's a lot of doubt on this board. Scrying Pool is ignorable.

I had a little bit of doubt, because Scrying Pool is still Scrying Pool. But yeah, it doesn't seem to be particularly amazing here.
[...] The God of heaven has given you Dominion [...] (Daniel 2:37)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.