Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Random .exe crash  (Read 2232 times)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
Random .exe crash
« on: June 30, 2016, 02:41:33 am »
+2

My computer crashes for no reason, it seems about once every day or two. It's at random times. My game won't have any lag, my computer will be running normally and then boom, it crashes out of thin air. Is anyone else experiencing this and does anyone have any idea why this happens other than MF code sucks? Is there someway to prevent these random crashes?

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1795
    • View Profile
Re: Random .exe crash
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 03:09:40 am »

My computer crashes for no reason, it seems about once every day or two. It's at random times. My game won't have any lag, my computer will be running normally and then boom, it crashes out of thin air. Is anyone else experiencing this and does anyone have any idea why this happens other than MF code sucks? Is there someway to prevent these random crashes?

I still experience something like that every time I go from fullscreen to windowed (I get a tan screen of death), or sometimes when internet hiccups (game freezes, alt-F4, reopen it, usually I can even rejoin the game). But there is a clear trigger in my case, so I don't think it's related?

DavidMakingFun

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 07:09:32 pm »
+2

This probably has more to do with Unity and your system than with our horrible, no good, very bad code. Try the alt build, the latest of which can be found at http://forum.makingfun.com/showthread.php?10842-Release-Notes-v-2-1-5.

If you're on Windows, try updating your video card driver. Unity for mobile does very well, but with each new Unity release, the standalone versions, especially for Windows, seem to introduce some new oddity typically related to graphics.

That accounts for the full-screen to windowed switch done via keyboard shortcuts. Unity for standalone apps just doesn't seem to like that.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 11:25:34 pm »

This probably has more to do with Unity and your system than with our horrible, no good, very bad code. Try the alt build, the latest of which can be found at http://forum.makingfun.com/showthread.php?10842-Release-Notes-v-2-1-5.

If you're on Windows, try updating your video card driver. Unity for mobile does very well, but with each new Unity release, the standalone versions, especially for Windows, seem to introduce some new oddity typically related to graphics.

That accounts for the full-screen to windowed switch done via keyboard shortcuts. Unity for standalone apps just doesn't seem to like that.

Thanks for coming here and chiming in. I am using Windows. I will check right now to see if my video card driver needs any updates.

DavidMakingFun

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 02:17:38 am »

The alt builds have resolved %100 of these so far, so try that if the video card update doesn't work.

DavidMakingFun

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 07:07:15 pm »

SirD

• Bishop
  • Life is supposed to be fun
  • Respect: +55
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2016, 04:27:48 pm »

Here's the new alt build: https://dominion.makingfun.co/Dominion_v2-1-6-6-u51.exe

Oh, hey, I can play again. That is great news. Thanks, I love it.
Greetings,
SirDagen
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 20 queries.