Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Distant Lands Golden Deck  (Read 1429 times)

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
Distant Lands Golden Deck
« on: June 28, 2016, 08:09:11 am »
+3

Code: [Select]
Chapel, Caravan Guard, Steward, Island, Trader, Cartographer, Council Room, Count, Distant Lands, Upgrade
Pretty Log For Pretty People

Played this game in my League match last night. A great kingdom ruined by a lack of Villages. So what's there to do here? I decided that Distant Lands, Chapel, and to a much lesser extent Island enabled a sort of golden deck, where I eventually just buy and play Distant Lands every turn. Without Villages, a deck greening on Provinces would eventually choke, I figured, so I could get a point lead early, build up a bit, and scrape together the last few Provinces with a really thin deck. That's pretty much how it worked out.

Caravan Guard I bought because it was a cantrip, and hey, why not? But it ended up helping me hit $6 to get a Gold and to get to a state where I could buy Provinces a turn faster than otherwise. So that was cool I guess. I just bought Provinces as soon as my deck had $8 and Islands whenever I missed $8 and it all just worked out. I'm sure it wasn't optimal, but maybe it was interesting.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
Re: Distant Lands Golden Deck
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 10:06:45 am »

There is not much of an engine here, I'm afraid. Council Room BM gets about 4 Provinces by T14 and 6 Provinces by about T18. I don't know if the Distant Lands plan is quite fast enough. You got all 8 Distant Lands by T17, 32 points. Council Room BM got 6 Provinces, 3 Duchies by that time, 45 points. The extra draw doesn't help you too much since you are only buying one card a turn. It probably would have helped you spike Distant Lands more often and sooner, so maybe this strategy has a shot.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 10:08:13 am by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 10:51:49 am »

There is not much of an engine here, I'm afraid. Council Room BM gets about 4 Provinces by T14 and 6 Provinces by about T18. I don't know if the Distant Lands plan is quite fast enough. You got all 8 Distant Lands by T17, 32 points. Council Room BM got 6 Provinces, 3 Duchies by that time, 45 points. The extra draw doesn't help you too much since you are only buying one card a turn. It probably would have helped you spike Distant Lands more often and sooner, so maybe this strategy has a shot.
The goal of the game isn't to get the most points by turn 17.
Also is council room bm that good?

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 11:07:20 am »
+3

There is a reasonable big money deck in this kingdom with trader + council room and that might sustain long enough to win the game. Also, if your opponent is playing council rooms it seems rather weak to ignore the extra card and just buy one distant lands each turn.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.