Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Crown (or Throne Room) with Encampment or Farmers' Market  (Read 2425 times)

arcee

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: rchandra
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
Crown (or Throne Room) with Encampment or Farmers' Market
« on: June 28, 2016, 04:02:10 am »
+1

I feel like I should know these from a previous set, but I've forgotten and wasn't sure where to find them.

I Crown an Encampment.  The first one resolves, I show nothing, and set it aside.  Then I play it again - does it matter if I do or don't reveal a Plunder/Gold?

There are 4 VP on Farmers' Market.  I Crown one: trash it, take 4 VP, 2 buys, and $1 (and put 1VP onto the pile)?  If there were 3VP on the pile instead: then I have $4 instead of $1 and the pile is clear, but I still trash my Farmer's Market?

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1470
    • View Profile
Re: Crown (or Throne Room) with Encampment or Farmers' Market
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 05:19:05 am »
+4

I feel like I should know these from a previous set, but I've forgotten and wasn't sure where to find them.

I Crown an Encampment.  The first one resolves, I show nothing, and set it aside.  Then I play it again - does it matter if I do or don't reveal a Plunder/Gold?

It doesn't matter - atleast not if your intention is to keep the Encampment, which isn't going to happen. However, by revealing you can show off how unlucky your draw was, though.

There are 4 VP on Farmers' Market.  I Crown one: trash it, take 4 VP, 2 buys, and $1 (and put 1VP onto the pile)?  If there were 3VP on the pile instead: then I have $4 instead of $1 and the pile is clear, but I still trash my Farmer's Market?

Everything sounds right here.
Join the Dominion League!

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

Dominionaer

• Golem
  • Respect: +66
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 06:02:52 am »

It doesn't matter - atleast not if your intention is to keep the Encampment, which isn't going to happen. However, by revealing you can show off how unlucky your draw was, though.

Yep. The effect is set on first run. You would need a (theoretical!) card, which moves the set aside Encampment to an other place so the Encampment loose track of itself.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 06:04:13 am by Dominionaer »

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 01:28:48 pm »

Yep. The effect is set on first run. You would need a (theoretical!) card, which moves the set aside Encampment to an other place so the Encampment loose track of itself.

Not entirely correct. You could lose the Encampment after revealing Gold/Plunder the first time if you don't also reveal the second time.

arcee

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: rchandra
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 10:03:20 pm »

Thanks for the replies.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.