Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40  All

Author Topic: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (Game Over - Cylons Win!)  (Read 97053 times)

diedre91

• Bishop
  • Shuffle iT Username: Diedre
    • View Profile
Re: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (D3)
« Reply #800 on: September 07, 2016, 03:28:45 am »

Also the night kills have seemed like they are coming from newbies to me.  I don't get why you kill silver last night.  I was actually going to be ready to lynch him today, because I didn't really like his claim.

I think SA just has to be scum.  They just seem so scummy.

I agree. Calamitas maaaaayy be scum, but he took no action last night, and his weird claim.

Diedre is another vt? He could be scum.

Of the vts, here's what I think:

SA
Diedre
RR

Haha... LOL
He are against me and people think we are partners. That a partnership!

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: September 07, 2016, 06:14:02 am »

I'm ready to lynch Diedre.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: September 07, 2016, 06:15:27 am »

I'll take another look at Space when I get a chance though.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: September 07, 2016, 06:27:22 am »

I have to admit that that response did sound actually quite scummy.

Diedre, who are your top two scumreads?
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: September 07, 2016, 06:45:50 am »

I can get behind diedre, probably
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

diedre91

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: September 07, 2016, 07:12:23 am »

I have to admit that that response did sound actually quite scummy.

Diedre, who are your top two scumreads?

RR and SA

diedre91

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: September 07, 2016, 07:12:54 am »

Can I just kill myself?!

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: September 07, 2016, 07:46:33 am »

Can I just kill myself?!

That seems pretty unsporting any way round you look at it. Either you're town, in which case you'll make us very likely to lose (since Iguana reckons we're already really close to LyLo, which is lynch or lose), or you're scum, in which case your scumbuddy/buddies will quite rightly be a bit pissed at you, I'd guess. You'd be spoiling other people's fun either way round.

If you really don't want to play any more, you can ask Haddock if he can get you a sub -- I've seen that done in a game where someone was unavailable.

If you're just worried because your play so far has been read as scummy, the only solution I've come up with is accept that that's how it is, move on, spend a while re-reading things as soon as there's time to do so, and then try to contribute useful observations to the game.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

diedre91

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: September 07, 2016, 08:54:43 am »

If you are town, this game is lost anyway.
You lynch me, you lose.
You keep me, I will not help much since I did not get the hang of this game yet.
Additionally, I do not have time re-re-re-reading posts.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 07, 2016, 09:07:04 am »

Hmm...
Also the night kills have seemed like they are coming from newbies to me.  I don't get why you kill silver last night.  I was actually going to be ready to lynch him today, because I didn't really like his claim.

I think SA just has to be scum.  They just seem so scummy.

I agree. Calamitas maaaaayy be scum, but he took no action last night, and his weird claim.

Diedre is another vt? He could be scum.

Of the vts, here's what I think:

SA
Diedre
RR

Haha... LOL
He are against me and people think we are partners. That a partnership!

This is scummy, but...
If you are town, this game is lost anyway.
You lynch me, you lose.
You keep me, I will not help much since I did not get the hang of this game yet.
Additionally, I do not have time re-re-re-reading posts.

This is not. By the way, it is definitely common practice for scum to "bus," or vote against each other.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: September 07, 2016, 12:20:42 pm »

Now it's your turn gkrieg to reveal your top two and then we can discuss what we are wanting to do.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: September 07, 2016, 12:28:15 pm »

Well I don't like mail-mis claim. I think SA is still scummy, but also think RR is scummy. Diedre is looking townier.

SA
Mail-mi

Mail-mi should actually be higher on that list. The claim is just one I don't really like. Also his position on the two mislynches is pretty bad

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 07, 2016, 12:29:52 pm »

Well I don't like mail-mis claim. I think SA is still scummy, but also think RR is scummy. Diedre is looking townier.

SA
Mail-mi

Mail-mi should actually be higher on that list. The claim is just one I don't really like. Also his position on the two mislynches is pretty bad

How can I convince you that I'm telling the truth?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: September 07, 2016, 12:39:04 pm »

Okay, so those are our lynch preferences (ordered by submission):

Calamitas:  {roadrunner, mail-mi, diedre} (against SA lynch by now)
Space     :  {diedre, mail-mi, Calamitas, roadrunner}
Iguana    :  {diedre, roadrunner, SA/Mail/Calamitas}
Mail-mi   :  {SA, diedre, roadrunner} (Not sure if interpreted #788 right)
Road      : Didn't provide preference list, said he is okay with {diedre}
Diedre    : {roadrunner, Space}
Gkrieg     : {SA, mail-mi, RR} (If i interpreted #811 correctly)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: September 07, 2016, 12:49:29 pm »

SA
Mail-mi

I'm honestly not scum! Not sure where to go with that if my pleas and attempts to help us win don't get anywhere. If you're confident that Diedre is feeling townier, and that Calamitas shouldn't be on the table, then could you at least re-read RR-Mail-mi for yourself and see what you think? From my perspective, if you and Iguana are ICs, then that's the only pairing that makes sense from those you're leaving on the table (and assuming we're dealing with at least two scums, obviously).
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 07, 2016, 12:54:44 pm »

(and assuming we're dealing with at least two scums, obviously).
I would say that we can be almost certain that there are exactly two scum left. 3scum+traitor seems too much while 1 scum+traitor is too little considering all PRs we have.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: September 07, 2016, 01:30:20 pm »

OK, I'm rereading SA. Posting thoughts as they come. (I'm going to use "she" because it's easier to remember than "they")

all the smiley faces. slight scum read.

On Day 1, she didn't talk about the actual game at all. Day 1 was surprisingly short, but still. lots of scum points for that.

"Okay, I need to get to posting some thoughts!" scummy. Reply #335 is the first actual post of content, and it doesn't start off well. "Look at me guys, I'm contributing, so I'm town right?!" it says.

through Day 2 she posts a lot more content, which is good. Could also be from scum coaching in the QT on night one, though. So null, small town points maybe.

"I suppose I should also react and actually vote!" still feels forced to me. still scummy.

Huh... look at this:

Roadrunner is quite susceptible to pleas like diedre's, so RR is in a moral dilemma

If you're confident that he's scum then you shouldn't let it perturb you :-)
I'm not confident that he is scum.

Okay then!
Unvote

SA's vote was on diedre, since she said she found him scummiest after a reread. Yet RR saying he's not confident that diedre is scum prompts her to unvote. If SA or RR is scum, I would look very closely at the other as a partner. for now though, scum points. This unvote is worse than her vote on diedre.

She prematurely claims VT, which is bad, but not scummy bad. townie points for that.

She wants to get on the silver wagon after silver claims delayed doctor. don't know what to think of that, but it's not townie. probably more null than anything.

she defends the calamitas wagon. null, would look at again if calamitas flips scum.
Actually, this is like the first interation she's had with Calamitas all game... yeah, would definitely look at for Calamitas or RR as potential partners.

i still think SA's townslip, and then subsequent "no it's not a townslip!" are pretty townie. Scum wants the towncred, so doesn't argue against it. town points there.

she votes for me, her second vote of the whole game, for me being "opportunistic," which I still just don't understand. scummy for lack of votes, tho.

"You're gonna want to lynch me if [chairs] flips town!" her response to gkreig wanting her to steal my hammer. Slightly scummy because of this attitude of self-preservation, which has been pervasive throughout the whole game. Scum is more concerned with saving themselves than town is.

She stole my hammer! My hammer has been stolen like 3 times since coming back into mafia.  :'(

She tries to figure out some likely partnerships, which is kinda townie. So town points there.

And then her latest post just feels off to me in my gut somehow.

So yeah, I'm definitely okay with vote: SA (if I wasn't already?) and think we have a pretty good chance of hitting scum there.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: September 07, 2016, 02:58:34 pm »

Not sure what to think of mail-mi's case on SA. On the one hand some actions presented are definitely scummy on its own, even though I kind of believe most of SA's explanations (e.g. #315) the overall scum-rating is probably too high to deny. Especially the unvote in #422 is just scummy, sheeping is absolutely inconsistent to his other behavior (e.g. criticizes multiple wagons).
Therefore unvote my vote on diedre, don't think anymore lynching him is the right way to go. SAs is probably still not my favorite choice, but I could live with it.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 07, 2016, 04:19:22 pm »

I actually read Space today while I had a little downtime at work and couldn't do the whole multiquote thing but came to the same conclusion as Gkrieg and Mail-mi.

My first thought was "Wow, how didn't I realize how little content is here last time I read them?"

I also noticed that their reads seem to change based on convenience and just general consensus in what looks like a scum-motivated way. 

Finally if you look at the percentage of scumreads they claimed to have on players who are now confirmed town in some way or another, you'll see it is quite high.

Vote: SpaceAnemone

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: September 07, 2016, 04:27:33 pm »

A lightbulb just went off.

This lynch preference thing is SOOOO bad. It gives scum information and it doesn't help us much.

Scum knows that certain people already suspect them. So they have good kill options or WIFOM kill options. Also, town doesn't benefit much. Our opinions will definitely change.

So lynch whoever proposed the lynch preference that I didn't participate in!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: September 07, 2016, 04:29:11 pm »

This lynch preference thing is SOOOO bad. It gives scum information and it doesn't help us much.

Scum knows that certain people already suspect them. So they have good kill options or WIFOM kill options. Also, town doesn't benefit much. Our opinions will definitely change.

...you mean gkreig?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: September 07, 2016, 04:31:29 pm »

It only doesn't help us if we don't use it. Also, Gkrieg the IC proposed we do it. Lynch preferences can be used my scum to manipulate kills to their advantage and to drive the discussion toward the easiest town to mislynch (that's who Diedre seems to be right now) but town can also use it to analyze the situation and outsmart scum.

This is the how the game is played. Go down the road too far the other way and you may have to change your username to Awaclus.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: September 07, 2016, 05:55:23 pm »

Come at me bro!

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: September 07, 2016, 05:56:18 pm »

Also: I will only lynch a newbie today.  The NKs just seem so off to me.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: September 07, 2016, 05:56:58 pm »

Also: I will only lynch a newbie today.  The NKs just seem so off to me.
Zoinkers, looks like I'm in trouble
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.