Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40  All

Author Topic: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (Game Over - Cylons Win!)  (Read 97315 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (D3)
« Reply #775 on: September 06, 2016, 02:16:24 pm »

I really want a top two lynch pool from SA, diedre, and Calamitas.

Did you mean Mail-mi instead of Calamitas there? You had Mail-mi on your list above, and had said previously you wanted to take Calamitas off the table for today.

As it stands, if you think the whole scumteam is within that list, you're hypothesizing a fully newbie team. In my re-reads, I've been looking at interactions between pairs of people in my lynchpool (which is diedre, Mail-mi, Calamitas and RR, obviously), but I'm kind of down-weighting the prior on diedre-Calamitas because I feel like the mislynches have happened rather too well for a totally inexperienced scum team.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 06, 2016, 02:17:56 pm »

Did you mean Mail-mi instead of Calamitas there? You had Mail-mi on your list above, and had said previously you wanted to take Calamitas off the table for today.

As it stands, if you think the whole scumteam is within that list, you're hypothesizing a fully newbie team. In my re-reads, I've been looking at interactions between pairs of people in my lynchpool (which is diedre, Mail-mi, Calamitas and RR, obviously), but I'm kind of down-weighting the prior on diedre-Calamitas because I feel like the mislynches have happened rather too well for a totally inexperienced scum team.

He wants you to provide a lynch preference list.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 06, 2016, 02:19:48 pm »

What do you think of diedre?
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 06, 2016, 02:33:46 pm »

I get that singular they as a pronoun is unusual for some of you, especially those for whom English isn't a native language, and I'm not going to get stressed about it.

Being called "he" is rather more annoying than being called "she", because I'm a female humanoid, and I took a conscious decision not to hide and pretend I'm a "default" male, because I don't think that's a very good feminist stance to take just for the sake of not confusing a game on the internet.

More game stuff later when I'm home and fed, because it's after 19.30 for me and I'm still in the office...
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 06, 2016, 02:36:48 pm »

I still want a lynch order from him.  Mail-mi has just already presented his, so there is no point in asking him to do so again.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: September 06, 2016, 02:39:36 pm »

My top two lynch pool by now is {roadrunner, mail-mi}.
Roadrunner is mainly there because I don't remember anything helpful this game, however I haven't reread him yet. Mail-mi is there mainly due to PoE, for it's own he is a nullread (though I haven't reread him as well yet), but the second best choice right now IMO. Both, diedre and Space seem more towny than him by now.

My lynch preference list looks therefore like that:
 - Roadrunner
 - Mail
 - Diedre
 - Space

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 06, 2016, 02:40:41 pm »

Roadrunner is mainly there because I don't remember anything helpful this game, however I haven't reread him yet. Mail-mi is there mainly due to PoE, for it's own he is a nullread (though I haven't reread him as well yet), but the second best choice right now IMO. Both, diedre and Space seem more towny than him by now.

- Roadrunner
 - Mail
 - Diedre
 - Space

What makes diedre townie?

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 06, 2016, 02:42:55 pm »

- Roadrunner
 - Mail
 - Diedre
 - Space

What makes diedre townie?
I just feel like that his behavior seems more like town!newbie than scum!newbie in most posts he has made (which are unfortunately not that many).

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 06, 2016, 02:50:55 pm »

I just think it would be strange if mail-mi and RR were partners in two games at the same time.  Although it would be rather hilarious.

I could definitely go for an RR lynch, because I don't remember too much from him, which is pretty scummy for him.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 06, 2016, 02:53:03 pm »

I just think it would be strange if mail-mi and RR were partners in two games at the same time.  Although it would be rather hilarious.

I could definitely go for an RR lynch, because I don't remember too much from him, which is pretty scummy for him.
Who are your top two?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 06, 2016, 03:14:21 pm »

Who are your top two?

I'm going to wait for others to give their top 2 first.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 06, 2016, 04:01:55 pm »

Who are your top two?

I'm going to wait for others to give their top 2 first.

My current top is Diedre, and my second is probably Mail-mi, with RR not too far behind. Reading completed games, it looks like one experienced scum can do most of the work for an entire team, so Diedre's minimal engagement may not even have been that much of a hindrance.

I'm doing a full re-read for all my lynchpool, so that I can post more constructive comments and observations... maybe I'll find something I missed before. If you'll find is suspicious if I change my order after you've posted, please could you hold off till after I've done that? I'll post that by bed-time, which has to be before 7pm forum time for me at the moment.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 06, 2016, 04:11:33 pm »

Deidre, Roadrunner, Space/Mail/Calamitas is my order. Hard choice between the bottom three.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 06, 2016, 05:23:58 pm »

rereading RR, his "I have information and I don't want to use it" seems townie. But there are barely any posts of his that are more than one line long. His D2 "case" on gkreig is just bad.

from what I remember of SA and diedre, RR is definitely in my lynchpool, but he's the last in the order. 
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (N0)
« Reply #789 on: September 06, 2016, 05:32:32 pm »

Vote Count 3.1

It’s funny, isn’t it? We’re all God, Starbuck. All of us. I see the love that binds all living things together.

diedre (1): Calamitas

Not Voting (6): diedre91, gkrieg13, iguanaiguana, mail-mi, Roadrunner7671, SpaceAnemone

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: 5pm, 12 September.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 06, 2016, 05:38:02 pm »

RR it would be nice if you could tell us more about that information that you didn't want to use, unless Haddock told you that you aren't allowed.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 06, 2016, 06:17:27 pm »

RR it would be nice if you could tell us more about that information that you didn't want to use, unless Haddock told you that you aren't allowed.

If you don't, we are going to lynch you.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: September 06, 2016, 07:11:43 pm »

Urgh, it's really late and I still haven't solved anything.

I really do think that diedre looks scummy. As well as the absence, it's the sheer noobiness of it all. Especially since he said Haddock had told him stuff -- I've literally just been introduced to forum mafia by Haddock and shown the ropes, and he's way better that diedre would make out. I think it's got to be at least partially an act. There's other stuff, too, like "Good luck everybody" at the start, where I think most of us would wish "Good luck town".

Here are my likelihoods for each of the six possible pairwise interactions coming from within a scum team (note that this would hold even if we have a three-person team).
diedre-mail-mi    -- Middling-high? Nothing ultra non-partnery, several things that could be explained by pre-planned conversation.
diedre-RR         -- Low, #546 and #591 especially.
diedre-Calamitas  -- 2 newbies; Low, pretty meh, but with a slight edge of antagonistic wrt the claims.
mail-mi-RR        -- 0 newbies; Middling. Mail-mi responds less to RR than to Calamitas or Diedre. Oddly few interactions?
mail-mi-Calamitas -- Plausible? They actually seem to be on the same page in their interactions, not accusing each other directly. Hmm.
RR-Calamitas      -- Low, really relaxed.

Diedre is still my preferred lynch. Mail-mi is second, but I think Calamitas overtakes RR on the marginal 4th place, because mail-mi-Calamitas feels like a surprisingly plausible pairing, based on their interactions.

I can post my text notes of every significant interaction, if anyone would find that useful, but it's more than 100 lines of plaintext, so I thought I'd better ask first :-)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 06, 2016, 07:12:56 pm »

Oh yeah, but RR dropping on my reads list is still contingent on giving a satisfactory explanation to the "hidden info" thing, and also letting me understand where his diedre vote out of the blue at the beginning of D2 came from.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 06, 2016, 07:22:50 pm »

If you have something large just put it in code tags. Or just post it in the thread.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: September 06, 2016, 07:33:47 pm »

Thanks, gkrieg -- I hadn't discovered the code tags before now :-)

Note these are not every single interaction within the pair necessarily, and for longer posts it's just a subsection of the commentary. I'm afraid my diligence for noting stuff flagged as I got more sleepy. Anyway, bed time now!

Code: [Select]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mail-mi from Diedre
#338: mail-mi: no idea. Pretty confused about him.
#720: I have no idea that Mail-mi is [town]. (After my query of why mail-mi wasn't in his lynchpool).

Deidre from Mail-mi
#319: vote: diedre pressure vote. get on here and do stuff man!
#413: It's definitely different than irl Mafia. You have to look for different things. (response to diedre's melty post)
#415: "...and my scum read on you just shot waaaay up."
#426: Seems to me like he expressed this [] in the scum Qt and got told to say it in thread because it would be townie, and is now playing it up too much.
#565: vote: SA; I guess I could be convinced on Calamitas, though I'd prefer SA or chairs, maybe diedre
#741: If that's your lynchpool, then I should be in it, because I had intent to hammer.
#763: Diedre is another vt? He could be scum.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RR from Diedre
#304: "You are wrong RR. Could you explain your vote, please?" -- setup for a disagreement?
#338: Long explanation of the fact that RR is town.
#377: Actual response to a thing RR said. Seems natural enough.
#551: Disagreeing with RR about real live vs forum mafia. Not driving the game forward at this point.
#591: Pronoun confirmation feels like a non-partner tell.
#717: RR is in Diedre's lynchpool because of the mislynch wagon on Chairs.

Diedre from RR
#301: Why diedre at #301? Especially after a really good (if it were real!) scumread on Seprix, leading me to think you could have some kind of cop role.
#409: "Roadrunner is quite susceptible to pleas like diedre's, so RR is in a moral dilemma". Too-obvious planned: D2 interaction?
#483: RR townreads diedre. Though when he unvotes there, I think he's just taking off his intervening Silver vote.
#546: By the way where'd diedre go?
#552: more about IRL games.
#587: Diedre- He/she has to be town. Reluctant town? Maybe. But town.
#712: Okay the lynchpool is bigger than I thought. SA, Mail Mi, Calamitas and diedre.
Calamitas from Diedre
#338: Calamitas: Town. Pretty sure about this one.
#717: My lynchpool now is: Gkrieg, RR and Calamitas. (because of the Chairs mislynch)
#720: Could you explain a noob what is IC?
#739: You cannot vote on me because "I delayed my claim". Better not saying a thing... (Odd response to Calamitas pressure-voting)

Diedre from Calamitas
#217: Since his role was colored red on the flip, he was mafia aligned.
#317: slightly scummy read: Pretty much non-existent
#718: Gkrieg is basically an IC. What are your reasons for me and RR beeing on that list?
#721: An IC is an 'innocent child'.
#737: PR = power role, VT = Vanilla Townie.
#738: vote: diedre for delaying his claim.
#782: I just feel like that his behavior seems more like town!newbie than scum!newbie in most posts he has made (which are unfortunately not that many).
RR from Mail-mi
#95: First RVS vote is on RR.
#126: Pushed by RR to explain the teamlyle vote.
#498: Um, huh? Wouldn't that just create more confirmation bias than anything else? (response to RR's re-read of gkrieg assuming guilt)
#565: RR is the obvious person missing from Mail-mi's list here.
#713: You're in the lynchpool, and I am at least taking Calamitas out for today, because of the tracker result.

Mail-mi from RR
#125: "Pls explain" (Mail-mi's real vote on teamlyle).
#587: Mail-mi- lynchpool
#590: I was going to say 'if someone asks me why my head might explode.' So let's just go with muh gut. (Response to mail-mi asking about his chairs vote)
#625: "No mail-mi. No. Plz stop this" (After Mail-mi's ungrammatical misgendering re-vote on me.)
#712: Okay the lynchpool is bigger than I thought. SA, Mail Mi, Calamitas and diedre.
#714: Forgot about that. I'll take him out. But I'm not in the diddidly dang lynchpool! I've been doing my 'bad town' thing! (Calamitas day-pass)
#758: I don't like it because he happened to target Calamitas, who had been confirmed as having no actions. (on mail-mi's role diversion thing. Also #760)
Calamitas from Mail-mi
#228: Responds to Calamitas' query on what happened to teamlyle.
#250: Seems a bit noncommittal about the Seprix breadcrumbing question.
#320: He made a scummy post, and his reaction to it made him look a lot worse. (Mail-mi defending his teamlyle vote to Calamitas)
#526: Silver, why the sudden Calamitas scum read? I thought his response to iguana was pretty null, only a little bit scummy if anything.
#565: vote: SA; I guess I could be convinced on Calamitas, though I'd prefer SA or chairs, maybe diedre
#579: Will vote for Calamitas if SA doesn't happen.
#706: I'm willing to take Calamitas off the table too.
#747: I'm a 1-shot redirector. I used it last night, and I tried to make Calamitas target SA.
#752: I'm actually inclined to believe everyone. Iguana and you are obvious, and Calamitas seems genuine.
#763: I agree. Calamitas maaaaayy be scum, but he took no action last night, and his weird claim.

Mail-mi from Calamitas
#206: Queries Mail-mi's second vote on teamlyle.
#317: slightly scummy read: Opening the case for teamlyle
#321: Commentary at mail-mi. Says behaviour could be slightly scummy or towny, but leans scummy.
#470: Queries Mail-mi's "whyyyyyy" on my VT-claim.
#618: Where? (Asks Mail-mi where my alledged townslip was)
#764: What in particular do you two find scummy in the case of SA. He actually seemed rather towny on my re-read.
Calamitas from RR
#109, #199, #209: Unimportant banter stuff.
#299: "Yeah I realized that" (Calamitas told him Seprix was dead).
#482: I would! And I keep looking back on it and I'm lessand less sure it's outside information. It might've been small talk. -- this is the most RR says about his special info.
#488: Says he'll quite his stuff. Calamitas seems to be responsible for prodding RR into moving the game along a bit. (Or trying t0)
#531: "He's an IC now because of it. Or he would be if he wouldn't of have a slip" (On gkrieg's vig claim, as a response to Calamitas' query)
#558: vote: Calamitas
#587: Calamitas- lynchpool
#634: Oh, you think chairs is scum now? Good job Sherlock  ;)
#642: I'm glad Calamitas is figuring out that 'Roadrunner is Roadrunner' already

RR from Calamitas
#111: I have a quite strange sleep cycle.
#232: If I understand it correctly, hated cannot be the case
#297: Tells RR that Seprix is dead.
#317: Gives RR a total null read.
#436: comment on flavour and SK: It fits to the day1 flavor post "might there be a killer in their midst"
#452: Shade on RR over the potential mod info he claimed.
#481: Would one really say something like that if he feels actually guilt for using outside info? (About RR being gleeful that people were talking about him)
#487: Which specific posts did raise your suspicion? (Asking RR about the read-gkrieg-as-guilty thing)
#494: Slowly I get willing to vote for you :D
#530: But for what motive should gkrieg make such a fake claim without necessity?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: September 06, 2016, 08:01:47 pm »

Roadrunner is mainly there because I don't remember anything helpful this game
Oh, silly goose! You must be new here!
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: September 06, 2016, 08:04:46 pm »

I knew no one knew their flavor claims, but we all have flavor claims. So when SS didn't know he had a flavor claim (even though I already knew who he was because there's only one BSG character who's a doctor) a lightbulb went off
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 07, 2016, 03:22:20 am »

I knew no one knew their flavor claims, but we all have flavor claims. So when SS didn't know he had a flavor claim (even though I already knew who he was because there's only one BSG character who's a doctor) a lightbulb went off

We have flavour names that we don't know... would you really call them "claims" when we can't claim them? Also, do we have evidence that Silver knows BSG that well? And which bits of the bizarre Roadrunner lightbulb moment came about through Haddock's contribution in the QT?

diedre91

• Bishop
  • Shuffle iT Username: Diedre
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: September 07, 2016, 03:26:15 am »

Urgh, it's really late and I still haven't solved anything.

I really do think that diedre looks scummy. As well as the absence, it's the sheer noobiness of it all. Especially since he said Haddock had told him stuff -- I've literally just been introduced to forum mafia by Haddock and shown the ropes, and he's way better that diedre would make out. I think it's got to be at least partially an act. There's other stuff, too, like "Good luck everybody" at the start, where I think most of us would wish "Good luck town".

Here are my likelihoods for each of the six possible pairwise interactions coming from within a scum team (note that this would hold even if we have a three-person team).
diedre-mail-mi    -- Middling-high? Nothing ultra non-partnery, several things that could be explained by pre-planned conversation.
diedre-RR         -- Low, #546 and #591 especially.
diedre-Calamitas  -- 2 newbies; Low, pretty meh, but with a slight edge of antagonistic wrt the claims.
mail-mi-RR        -- 0 newbies; Middling. Mail-mi responds less to RR than to Calamitas or Diedre. Oddly few interactions?
mail-mi-Calamitas -- Plausible? They actually seem to be on the same page in their interactions, not accusing each other directly. Hmm.
RR-Calamitas      -- Low, really relaxed.

Diedre is still my preferred lynch. Mail-mi is second, but I think Calamitas overtakes RR on the marginal 4th place, because mail-mi-Calamitas feels like a surprisingly plausible pairing, based on their interactions.

I can post my text notes of every significant interaction, if anyone would find that useful, but it's more than 100 lines of plaintext, so I thought I'd better ask first :-)

I am not a partner of mail-mi. He does not post much as well. I am just not against him.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 21 queries.